Dash Car Charger – Stock Update

1. MetalHead777
    Honeycomb Apr 30, 2017

csemnani likes this.
  2. KHurf
    Froyo Apr 30, 2017

KHurf , Apr 30, 2017 :
    Anarchy is about to ensue if you don't follow though with what you said you was about to do.

Just saying...

3. F_Andreas_Limmer_Ocwp
    Cupcake Apr 30, 2017

F_Andreas_Limmer_Ocwp , Apr 30, 2017 :
    What now, it´s the last Day in April OP...
    I can not believe it can be so difficult to provide an accessory in a sufficient amount

matiasmonte01 and Toma A like this.
  4. benthomp85
    Cupcake Apr 30, 2017

5. CY2k14
    Cupcake Apr 30, 2017

CY2k14 , Apr 30, 2017 :
    Well it has been so long and my phone charges pretty well with any old charger in the car so I no longer feel the burning desire for one of these! I shall buy one if they show up though. There must have been one huge supply and payment problem, but only guessing.

6. candroid
    Eclair Apr 30, 2017

candroid , Apr 30, 2017 :
    OnePlus, you could have solved the manufacturing hitch a long time ago by giving DASH energy drink to your production team. Quality ensured, stock restored, customers satisfied.

The solution is so obvious. :)

7. Serbian Overlord
    KitKat May 1, 2017

Serbian Overlord , May 1, 2017 :
    They're aggressively advertising their messenger bag on social media but can't stock a car charger. Who cares about messenger bag? Why are you wasting money, time and resources on useless bags and not working on stocking the most important accessory. It's been out of stock for 10 months!

Natakranta and Nate358 like this.
  8. Joe13134453
    Gingerbread May 1, 2017

Joe13134453 , May 1, 2017 :
    I'm starting to believe they don't exist or they have a fundamental design flaw like overheating and catching fire, regardless of the issue a simple update would be greatly appreciated, communication cost nothing. Also if they try to charge me shipping for something I wasn't able to order when I paid for my $479 phone they can keep the charger.

Natakranta likes this.
  9. wisekris
    Eclair May 1, 2017

matiasmonte01 and Nate358 like this.
  10. rmhoneplus
    Cupcake May 1, 2017

rmhoneplus , May 1, 2017 :
    Fully agree with this need and the previous comment WRT messenger bags. Please stop wasting everyone's time with accessories and solve this most basic problem. A big selling point for the phone is the Dash Charge.Sure, we could use an DC/AC converter but that is seriously dull.

So, if we can't get a real device - how about releasing the specs & I'll just build one.

Looking forward - Rob

matiasmonte01 likes this.
  11. jwhite313
    Cupcake May 1, 2017

jwhite313 , May 1, 2017 :
    The list say Mid April for Car Charger restock. it is now May, and still not in stock, or it sold out on the one day I don't check. Please update the status.

wisekris likes this.
  12. mvha
    Eclair May 1, 2017

mvha , May 1, 2017 :
    I agree - please update the status.
    We need correct info about availability

wisekris likes this.
  13. Serbian Overlord
    KitKat May 1, 2017

Serbian Overlord , May 1, 2017 :
    No reasonable consumer would be too upset if there is a problem with manufacturing or quality control. BUT, the SILENCE from the company and lying is signing their own death warrant. Lies and not meeting deadlines that they themselves placed AND not even saying anything is expressway to losing customers. OnePlus customer service has always been garbage but this kind of BS of not meeting their own deadline and not even having the damn common courtesy to say one word "SORRY" is pissing me off!

poing, Natakranta and matiasmonte01 like this.
  14. Rockett0
    Froyo May 1, 2017

Rockett0 , May 1, 2017 :
    Friends, or as this forum loves to say "Bro",

In all fairness, @Steven G. said late April, he never indicated . . .

1. What calendar- you assumed
    2. What year - again bro, you assumed this year.

@Steven G. word is his bond, it will be out by late April on some calendar or year.

15. bushongadong
    Gingerbread May 1, 2017

bushongadong , May 1, 2017 :
    Hopefully they are back in stock soon. In the mean time, will it charge if you use a regular car charger plug?

16. matiasmonte01
    Froyo May 1, 2017

g_phenom and Rockett0 like this.
  17. Joe13134453
    Gingerbread May 1, 2017

Joe13134453 , May 1, 2017 :
    any charger will work, just won't give you dash speeds.

18. candroid
    Eclair May 1, 2017

candroid , May 1, 2017 :
    OnePlus, you have let us down. :(

The car charger is still unavailable on May 1, and we have not been updated on this new development. Well before today, someone somewhere in OnePlus should have realized that the car charger would not be available as previously indicated. I doubt just one person is solely responsible for getting the charger back in stock and keeping forum users updated, so you have multiple points of failure.

You guys build great phones, but you're still a scrappy company. Scrappy can be good when your unusual marketing efforts bring you customers. Scrappy can be bad when your marketing dwarfs your customer service.

I hope your leadership emphasizes customer service in the future as much as it does marketing. Your phones and marketing have brought you customers, but your customer service will determine whether you keep them.

Please provide a thorough update on the car charger, and please mean it when you say you will keep us updated on new developments.

Last edited: May 1, 2017

19. David.Hewitt
    Donut May 1, 2017

20. wisekris
    Eclair May 2, 2017

wisekris , May 2, 2017 :
    I mean maybe we are still in some sort of late April + or - a few days window. I'm going to give OP the benefit of the doubt. I imagine someone will say something in the next few days (even if it's hey guys our supplier didn't live up to our expectations, sorry it will be a few more days/weeks) otherwise I suspect it's more evidence / fuel / ammo for the ongoing debate of OPs commitment to it's existing customer base. Hoping OP is able to make this right. Discount on chargers!? I kid I kid. But hears hoping.