Dash charge animation keeps popping up every 3 seconds via OnePlus 8T

1. Martina M
    Cupcake Jan 25, 2021

Martina M , via OnePlus 8T , Jan 25, 2021 :
    Hello,

I have a recent problem with my 3-months old OnePlus 8T. Since a few days ago, whenever I plug in the phone to charge, the normal dash charge animation appears. After the sound notification, it disapears, but a new one appears right away, together with lighting up the display and the sound. It keeps on repeating until I unplug the charger. The only thing that helps is to to restart the phone. After the restart, it stops for about 2 chargings and the problem reapers again.

I have tried several outlets in different rooms and since I have bought an extra charger and cable, also changed the adaptor and cable. This doesnt fix the problem.

Can anyone advise me on how to fix this?

Thank you :).

2. Sheppards
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 25, 2021

the_o2 and ghostofcain like this.
  3. Navdeep_Malik
    Jelly Bean Jan 26, 2021

Navdeep_Malik , Jan 26, 2021 :
    dont poke with force while using any sharp object if your device is 3 months old as you say you can see dust or lint in the port in good light....clean it carefully !

4. D@RLiNGSuRy@
    Gingerbread Jan 30, 2021

5. Xcommunicad0
    Gingerbread Jan 30, 2021

Xcommunicad0 , via OnePlus 8T , Jan 30, 2021 :
    Try charging with a power bank to check if the same problem persists.... otherwise probably it is either the connection port or some hardware issues.

6. StefanStark
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 30, 2021

StefanStark , via OnePlus 8T Aquamarine Green , Jan 30, 2021 :
    Either a

cable
    charger
    USB c port

problem. Sounds like your connection is unstable died to any of the said parts in the link fail.

Try another charger / cable combination.

If the problem stays test a connection to a power bank and/or PC - if it continues your usb c port may be defect.