Dash Charge Not working Properly

1. pranavsultania
    Froyo Jan 3, 2018

pranavsultania , Jan 3, 2018 :
    Hi,

I recently got a OP 5T and have noticed that the dash charge works on some occasions and on some it just says charging.

After unplugging and re-plugging the charger a couple of times the Dash Charge comes back.

Might it be a software issue?

Went through a couple of threads but the problem mostly turned out to be related to a faulty charging brick which is why I had to start a new thread.

2. Paul_W_
    Honeycomb Jan 3, 2018

Paul_W_ , Jan 3, 2018 :
    I had issues with it dash charging when the phone was cold. OP support confirmed that dash charging won't kick in until the battery reaches 16C. I confirmed this by warming the phone up in my pocket.

Sometimes it can take a bit for it to turn blue, try leaving it for a minute or so. Also check that your cable is fully plugged in to your brick.

3. pranavsultania
    Froyo Jan 4, 2018

pranavsultania , Jan 4, 2018 :
    Thanks for the info. I live in India which is a warm country, so i really doubt that the battery goes cold.

As for the cables, they are perfectly plugged in. However, i shall wait for a minute the next time i charge, like you said.

I also have a OP 5 which does not seem to have the issue at all, so i can confirm that the battery temperature should not be a problem.

Thanks for the help.

4. Prithvirajnadar
    Cupcake Jan 4, 2018

Prithvirajnadar , Jan 4, 2018 :
    i also faced the same issue, it gets dash charged in a minute or so after plugging in sometimes, it's some glitch i guess, not a hardware issue.

5. ViW1p
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 4, 2018

ViW1p , Jan 4, 2018 :
    Did you tested with a tool? ir are you relying only on the Led Notification turning Blue?

That might be not accurate, or having some delay.... especially if you are downloading heavy files on the background.

6. Smithja1
    Froyo Jan 4, 2018

Smithja1 , Jan 4, 2018 :
    hello, I had this issue and it turned out to be a small piece of dust or dirt in the charging port. quick blow into it to clear and no issues since. could try that [e]1f44d[/e]