Dash Charger and Cable via OnePlus 5T

1. Karthick_7
    Froyo Mar 16, 2020

Karthick_7 , via OnePlus 5T , Mar 16, 2020 :
    Hi

Can anyone pls advise me where can I find and buy Dash charger cable Original one....

OnePlus official site selling only Warp cable..

Can I use Warp cable for my OnePlus 5T?!

2. Matt 80
    Lollipop Mar 16, 2020

Matt 80 , via OnePlus Community App , Mar 16, 2020 :
    Oneplus don't sell dash chargers anymore, it has been replaced by the warp charger. It is backwards compatible as a dash charger for all previous oneplus devices from the op3 onwards.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2020

Karthiraj7 and harshil1903 like this.
  3. G_Mateo_DxQd
    Honeycomb Mar 17, 2020

G_Mateo_DxQd , via OnePlus 5 , Mar 17, 2020 :
    I always bought unofficial cables online and they always worked (as it said in the product's description). I've bought 2 cables and a car charger (that came with another cable). It is way cheaper and it works the same.
    Online, I also bought a charging module (to replace the one that came with the phone) when my USB-C connector got worn out. I've had it for about a year now and it's worked without an issue.

4. Karthick_7
    Froyo Mar 17, 2020

Karthick_7 , via OnePlus 5T , Mar 17, 2020 :
    can u pls suggest me with any other cable?

5. G_Mateo_DxQd
    Honeycomb Mar 17, 2020

Karthiraj7 likes this.
  6. ruijmeira
    Gingerbread Mar 18, 2020

ruijmeira , Mar 18, 2020 :
    how difficult was to open the phone? my biggest fear is damaging the paint on the aluminum body whilst trying to unclip all the mf clips it has to secure the display to the frame

7. G_Mateo_DxQd
    Honeycomb Mar 18, 2020

G_Mateo_DxQd , via OnePlus 5 , Mar 18, 2020 :

ruijmeira

how difficult was to open the phone? my biggest fear is damaging the paint on the aluminum body whilst trying to unclip all the mf clips it has to secure the display to the frame​

Yep, I scraped it all where the frame meets the glass. First time was really hard. I probably tried for about two hours till I finally got it. It was a combination of finding the right spot and balancing the fear of breaking the glass. Cus you see it bend and it's scary (or at least it was for me).

Maybe, if you get someone to help you insert more tools once you get a small opening it will be easier.

If you just want to save a couple of bucks, I wouldn't do it. You also need to be interested in doing it yourself and seeing the internals. That experience is what made it worth my while.

Here you have the scratches that I've made, it's only in the section that I tried to begin opening, not through the entire frame. So, if you do it correctly, it shouldn't be that bad, maybe even 0.
    1584497720509.jpg

Last edited: Mar 18, 2020

ruijmeira likes this.
  8. ruijmeira
    Gingerbread Mar 18, 2020

ruijmeira , Mar 18, 2020 :
    Thank you for your feedback! I am pretty savvy when it comes to this stuff, but in this case I really don't want to scratch the paint off. I might just send it to OnePlus so they can change the port themselves. Just hoping that they don't scratch it as well .
    Hope you have a nice day.
    Cheers

G_Mateo_DxQd likes this.
  9. Karthick_7
    Froyo Mar 18, 2020

G_Mateo_DxQd likes this.
  10. E1584816140084
    Cupcake Mar 21, 2020