Battery/Charging Dash charger not working but associated cable works with non-Dash charger

1. G_Tony_Lin_iATn
    Cupcake May 20, 2017

G_Tony_Lin_iATn , May 20, 2017 :
    Hi,

My phone has been working flawlessly until recently.

Recently, I noticed that, when plugged in to the original Dash charger via the original dash charging cable, my 3T charges intermittently, alternating between ON and OFF regardless of the battery level. Strangely, when plugged in to a standard USB charger via the original dash charging cable, the phone charges normally (i.e., slowly).

I have followed the instructions in other threads, including firmly plugging in the USB cable, deleting the cache and cleaning the ports. However, I have had no success fixing the problem.

Since I only have one Dash charger, I sometimes use standard 5V USB chargers when I have no access to the Dash charger.

Has anyone else experienced the same problem? If a solution is available, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Tony

MõhámmëdÃkräm420 likes this.
  2. G_Tony_Lin_iATn
    Cupcake May 20, 2017

G_Tony_Lin_iATn , May 20, 2017 :
    Update:

I did a bit more testing with different phone, cable and charger combinations.

Using the Dash charger and cable, I was able to charge my Xperia Z5 normally.

I know that for Dash charging to be enabled, the phone must detect that the proprietary charger and cable are both used. Therefore, it could be that some hardware faults, poor connections or, hopefully, software faults are causing the phone to be unable to properly detect the correct charger and cable combination in order to enable Dash charging.

3. G_Tejas_Sastry_XLFM
    Cupcake Sep 2, 2017

G_Tejas_Sastry_XLFM , Sep 2, 2017 :
    I have the exact same problem. How did you fix the problem?

4. G_Tejas_Sastry_XLFM
    Cupcake Sep 3, 2017

G_Tejas_Sastry_XLFM , Sep 3, 2017 :
    I had the same problem. i tried the following before going to the service center:
    1. verify cable is working fine by connecting to PC. if the phone charges, then the cable is fine.
    2. verify if the phone's charging port is fine: Borrowed a dash charger from a friend who also owned a OnePlus 3t. phone charged properly with a different charger.
    3. Confirm if the problem is with adapter: restart the phone into safe mode(Google for steps) and connect the problematic charger. The problem is reproducible.
    My conclusion was that it was a problem with the dash charging adapter.

Took it to the service center in Brigade road, Bengaluru, India. following problems cited by the service person.
    A. Problem with cable: I mentioned my verification as mentioned in (1).
    B. Problem with phone's charging port: I mentioned my verification as mentioned in (2) above.

After this the service executive tried a different adapter. phone started charging fine. I then produced the purchase invoice and they replaced my dash charging adapter with a new one(under warranty). It has been 7 months since date of purchase.

Hope this helps a few people. Perform the verification steps mentioned above to avoid wrong diagnosis by the service person.

5. MõhámmëdÃkräm420
    Cupcake Nov 13, 2018

MõhámmëdÃkräm420 , Nov 13, 2018 :
    I AM TOO FACING THIS SAME ISSUE

6. Isaac Urcino Martínez
    Cupcake Aug 9, 2019

Isaac Urcino Martínez , Aug 9, 2019 :
    Hey Tony,

I feel like your problem is in the charging port itself. What I did for an old OnePlus I had, I took a small sewing needle and picked at the dirt inside and took everything out
    Hope this helps

7. vyasgaytri06
    Cupcake Apr 27, 2020

vyasgaytri06 , Apr 27, 2020 :
    This is very helpful! Unfortunately, this is the lockdown time and i am not able to go to the service center!