Dash Charger Tingy sound

1. Pepsai
    Gingerbread Jul 4, 2016

Pepsai , Jul 4, 2016 :
    Alright so i got a confirmation on my support ticket.

"
    This is something that we have still to investigate on. I have already escalated this issue to my higher resources for confirmation as to whether this phenomenon is normal or if it is something to be alarmed about.

I have not received an update yet but as soon as I do, I will send you an email you right away.

Thank you for the patience, do not hesitate to contact me back if you have any other questions.

"

2. MafiaTechTeam
    Jelly Bean Jul 4, 2016

MafiaTechTeam , Jul 4, 2016 :
    its coil whine google what coil whine is

Pr0metheus2 likes this.
  3. Pr0metheus2
    Donut Jul 5, 2016

4. Loveit
    KitKat Jul 5, 2016

Loveit , Jul 5, 2016 :
    I'm guessing this is a thing where younger people can hear it, and older people/damaged hearing can't? I've never noticed it, will get my ear nice and close to see when I get back home.

Kareem Hussaini likes this.
  5. Sobakel
    Gingerbread Jul 5, 2016

Sobakel , Jul 5, 2016 :
    Well i just recieved the replacement.. Same sound same buzz while connected and not connected

6. Kar Ming
    Froyo Jul 5, 2016

Kar Ming , Jul 5, 2016 :
    I received a replacement too... same "tingy" noise on the replacement too !!

saikiran4ever likes this.
  7. nft
    Eclair Jan 21, 2017

nft , Jan 21, 2017 :
    Im also hearing it. You need to be close to it. It is so called chopper transformer and it works by chopping the current in order to make 5volts out of 110/220V. It chops it at high frequency so you can actualy hear it. Another thing is that Dash charger is more powerful than others so the buzz it makes is louder...

Sabbir.Naim likes this.
  8. rs_
    Cupcake Jan 21, 2017

9. Sobakel
    Gingerbread Jan 24, 2017

Sobakel , Jan 24, 2017 :
    To update everyone reading this;

OnePlus eventually send me 3 replacement dash chargers and then concluded that the sound is normal..

I've been using it ever since and no issue's as of yet. Still tingy and buzzing sound tho.

Sabbir.Naim likes this.