Dash charger USB cable

1. sushantcg
    Cupcake May 7, 2018

sushantcg , May 7, 2018 :
    Hi,

I bought the OnePlus 3T on February 27th 2017, after going through the reviews and recommendations from friends using earlier OnePlus models.
    But please check the pic of the Dash Charger USB cable, it's getting apart and the inner wires are exposed.

Hope OnePlus will look into this matter and contact sooner.
    View attachment 763386

2. Tobikage
    Nougat May 7, 2018

Tobikage , May 7, 2018 :
    Contact you ? Nobody's gonna contact you.
    This is a public forum / community and not OnePlus support.

Your cable (as well as phone) is out of warranty and will not be replaced.
    Buy a new cable.

Wakizashi93 and Hydra Bob like this.
  3. Paschfire
    KitKat May 7, 2018

Paschfire , May 7, 2018 :
    So? Buy a new USB Dash charging cable, what do you expect us to do about it?

Wakizashi93 likes this.
  4. Wakizashi93
    Gingerbread May 9, 2018

Wakizashi93 , May 9, 2018 :
    idk what you do with your cable, mines just a few weeks older and almost looks new. Oneplus Quality rocks

5. janguv
    Honeycomb Jun 5, 2018

janguv , Jun 5, 2018 :
    I've had mine <2 years and experienced a tear about 6mm down from the join. Having looked around, it's not entirely uncommon. I wouldn't generalise OnePlus quality on the basis of your own positive experience. Things do go wrong, and that's despite very careful usage (in my case).

Another e.g., had to have my camera magnet replaced in the OP3, as have many people (under warranty), because OP used a weak glue to keep it in place. They also replaced the printed circuit board because of a hardware failure. Devices and accessories do break down over time.

Wakizashi93 likes this.
  6. Wakizashi93
    Gingerbread Jun 5, 2018

Wakizashi93 , Jun 5, 2018 :
    true that! my cable has been laying around in my kitchen on the same spot for a year and .. almost did not move.
    i'm horrible with wired headphones though.. cable breaks all the time. i guess when making thousands and thousands of these things must make some faulty as well. i bought a bunch of cheap usb reversable cables for the OP for like at work and travel. .. Oh, and the OP6 rocks.. :D

janguv likes this.
  7. janguv
    Honeycomb Jun 6, 2018

janguv , Jun 6, 2018 :
    Luckily, OP eventually decided to ship me a replacement, though it was only after extensive chats with the support team! Still, it's good on their part and I'm happy :)

Wakizashi93 likes this.