OxygenOS data rescue from Oneplus 6 without screen using another Oneplus 6

1. searoso
    Cupcake Nov 24, 2020

searoso , Nov 24, 2020 :
    Hello! While OP support team keep silence for a week already (they tend to answer much faster AFAIK), let me address the problem to our friendly community. I believe in your knowledge and creativity!

Stuff happens, and my OP6 got *severely* damaged. It's still connected, and trigger different notifications, but screen is completely broke and body is beyond repair.

I've got myself another OP6, but I need your advice how do I recover data of F-droid apps that aren't backed-up by Android, screenshots that aren't uploaded to Photos, and OP-notes?

The silly move of mine was to let the device to discharge. If only I would keep it on, then I would use fingerprint sensor. But I was not in a rational state of mind.

2. drl431
    Community Hero 2020 Nov 24, 2020

drl431 , Nov 24, 2020 :
    Hi, you could try swapping the displays between the 2 OP6 phones. A local repair shop might do that for you. Otherwise there is no way to by-pass Android security.

3. erzyboy
    Cupcake Nov 24, 2020

erzyboy , Nov 24, 2020 :
    This has happened to me twice actually 😂
    If your phone is rooted you can install vysor through your computer and control the phone from your, or just pull the data straight off the phone. I remember there also being an adb (non root) way to interact with your phone through your computer, but USB debugging needs to be enabled for that