Data Usage Warning

1. ddparekh3
    Cupcake Aug 31, 2019

ddparekh3 , Aug 31, 2019 :
    Hi Guys,

My name is Divya Parekh and I have a OnePlus 5T and I have been using it since March 2018. I have an issue where I do not receive any notification when I have exceeded the data limit that I manually set. This was not an issue before as it was working perfectly. Moreover, I also checked Settings to see if maybe I had turned off notifications for apps, but notifications were on for all apps. Therefore, I was hoping if someone could give me tips in case I am missing something or let me know if you have also faced this issue. Thanks.

Cheers,
    Divya Parekh

Data Usage Warning Proof 1.jpg Data Usage Warning Proof 2.jpg

2. eye842
    Lollipop Aug 31, 2019

Best Answer
    eye842 , Aug 31, 2019 :
    Pic. 1. shows 1.32GB used so no warnings are given.
    Pic. 2. shows a message stating that numbers here might not be right.

Check and match your stats on your providers website what they are billing you for.

ddparekh3 likes this.
  3. eye842
    Lollipop Aug 31, 2019

4. ddparekh3
    Cupcake Sep 25, 2019

ddparekh3 , Sep 25, 2019 :
    Hi,

So I figured out a solution for this. You can go into the Data Usage section in Settings, and then go into "Billing cycle", and then under the "Data Plan Setting", you can set change the MB/GB in the "Amount of data used" according to what the graph/line graph shows to make sure you get accurate data warnings. If you guys do not understand what I mean, I can upload screenshots to make it clearer.

And to clarify, the path to go from settings to the data section is based on the path for a OnePlus 5T with an Android version 9 & OxygenOS version of 9.0.8, therefore the path for other OnePlus phones may be slightly different, but I doubt it. Hope this helps.

- Divya Parekh

eye842 likes this.