Data Usage While Charging

1. tvweber0901
    Cupcake Aug 27, 2019

tvweber0901 , Aug 27, 2019 :
    Hello - sort of a new user here.... my first post. I bought my daughter a 5T. Loves it. Works well for her. Recently I have installed a monitoring app on the phone (Qustodio) which I have used in the past, and, am also using on my son's phone (OnePlus 6) with no issues for him. The issue that I am running into on the 5T is that, all works as it is supposed to, reporting on usage and such pretty accurately when she is using it. When it is just sitting and not in use, no usage stats are logged which is also correct. However, whenever she plugs it in to charge, the Qustodio app is showing 100% usage for the entire time (data usage) that it is plugged in charging. So, for example, if she plugs it in to charge overnight before she goes to bed, I see like 8 hours of data usage overnight. I have tried to determine what might be causing this. The folks at Qustodio do not know. Was just wondering if anyone else who has been using the 5T for a while may have run into something similar.

My son's 6 works perfectly and shows no usage when plugged in charging. I am confused at this point and looking for any help anyone might be able to provide.

Thank you -

Tom

2. dbareis
    Eclair Aug 28, 2019

dbareis , Aug 28, 2019 :
    Sounds like a bug with "Qustodio", what did they say when you contacted them?