david's random nonsense thread

1. camohan
    Moderator Moderator Sep 17, 2021

camohan , Sep 17, 2021 :
    A legend is missing tho

otto2, SRD., puccellino and 12 others like this.
  2. cdnfarmer
    Moderator, Photography Expert Moderator Sep 17, 2021

cdnfarmer , Sep 17, 2021 :
    Dear David,

Wishing you the very best in your next endeavours. It is sad news to read you are leaving. You will be missed. You have had a huge impact on shaping OnePlus and the OxygenOS. This os is a great and what got me to really like my 6. Thanks for everything you do and all the backend work that most didn't see but appreciated the outcome. You are truly an amazing person.

Wishing you all the best with your family and new adventures.

Look forward to seeing you again.

otto2, SRD., puccellino and 16 others like this.
  3. SoniaB
    Community Hero 2020 Sep 17, 2021

SoniaB , Sep 17, 2021 :
    Post merged with the "Goodbye Thread" ... oh wait, can't do that no more 😅.

It's too sad to say goodbye to you @David Y. so instead I will welcome you to being a forum user.

It was a pleasure to have met you in RL and I know that no matter which path you choose, you will do great.

Much love.

otto2, SRD., puccellino and 20 others like this.
  4. WakeAwake
    KitKat Sep 17, 2021

WakeAwake , Sep 17, 2021 :
    Best of luck @David Y. Farewell. Thank you for the unending hardwork put in the background that went unnoticed by many users. We will miss you 🥺

Starcommander, otto2, SRD. and 14 others like this.
  5. Mr. BG
    Community Hero 2020 Sep 17, 2021

Mr. BG , Sep 17, 2021 :
    I'll miss you man..

Thanks for the laughs, witty and edgy discussions, everything. Enjoy being a dad, they grow up way too fast.

To new opportunities, the window is closed, a door opens, and outside the great wide open welcomes you.

I'll see you around bud ;)

otto2, SRD., puccellino and 17 others like this.
  6. Tobikage
    Nougat Sep 17, 2021

Tobikage , Sep 17, 2021 :
    We're sure you can find your way around to the Introduce Yourself Section here ? :D

Goodluck for the journey that lies ahead. :)

Top job as Community Manager ! You'll be missed !

otto2, SRD., dsmonteiro and 16 others like this.
  7. Cheetosdust
    Moderator Moderator Sep 17, 2021

Cheetosdust , Sep 17, 2021 :
    Hey David,

sad news to read. I have nothing but respect and admiration for what you did with and for this place and I wholeheartedly wish you a brilliant and fulfilling journey ahead.

Hope you and yours are doing better than ever and that OnePlus served as a trampoline to even bigger things in your life. You truly deserve them.

You'll be missed, my good man. We all appreciate a calm voice of reason in our everyday life and I feel like one of the most assertive ones is departing. Take care and please do visit whenever you have a free minute.

otto2, SRD., Tobikage and 18 others like this.
  8. nerdkabir
    Jelly Bean Sep 17, 2021

nerdkabir , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Sep 17, 2021 :
    All good things come to an end.. Wishing and praying that this is for a great beginning of another amazing career/Experience where ever you are going David. Wish you lots of success, peace and happiness. Take care.

otto2, puccellino, SRD. and 11 others like this.
  9. TibiTibi
    Photography Expert Sep 17, 2021

TibiTibi , Sep 17, 2021 :
    All the best for your new journey. Just you will be missing here. Take care and visit the forum sometimes.

otto2, puccellino, SRD. and 14 others like this.

10. Crystal Z.
    Global Community <3 Staff Member Sep 18, 2021

Crystal Z. , Sep 18, 2021 :
    Thanks @David Y. for bringing me to OnePlus, can't say how much I appreciate all of your help and support.
    All the best and keep in touch!

otto2, SRD., DarshanMeniya and 23 others like this.
  11. woSch
    Photography Expert Sep 19, 2021

woSch , Sep 19, 2021 :
    Sad news ...

... best of luck for you and your new journey 🍀🤞🏻

otto2, SRD., Cheetosdust and 6 others like this.
  12. hennes
    YaImCo Developer Sep 19, 2021

hennes , Sep 19, 2021 :
    I'm terribly sorry but I can't give this post a Like, it makes me very sad to see you go, I wish you all the best for the future of course and I know you will be successful because you are just great. But it's also a shame that OnePlus will now have to do without you. As the saying goes, every 7 years everyone's tastes and views change, so with that in mind, stay as you are and let us know if you can where you've gone.

Thank you for everything!

otto2, SRD., Cheetosdust and 8 others like this.
  13. pablofg1978
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Sep 19, 2021

pablofg1978 , Sep 19, 2021 :
    Is really sad to see you leave, but I wish you luck on your new adventure. Hope that we see you again

otto2, SRD., Tobikage and 9 others like this.
  14. puccellino
    Lollipop Sep 19, 2021

puccellino , Sep 19, 2021 :
    David,

I'm sad to read that you will no longer be a OnePlus staff member. You stepped into very big shoes when you took over from Adam Kriskow, but you turned them into Hermes winged Sandals and soared into making that role unique and yours.

You did great things as Community Manager and instigated many great ideas to modernise the forum that are still popular today.

when you moved to a product centric role, the fact that you came back and started this thread is a testament to how much you love the community and community users have become your true friends.

With your lovely daughter arriving, life has created a new dimension for you, and I understand the opportunity to reassess everything. I wish you the best going forward, finding the right balance between work/family. And I look forward to welcoming you back as a regular user to the forum (jelly bean already ..😉).

Your friend, and supporter;

Puccellino.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021

TibiTibi, otto2, SRD. and 9 others like this.
  15. TangSan
    Gingerbread Sep 20, 2021

puccellino and Dresa91 like this.
  16. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Sep 20, 2021

dsmonteiro , Sep 20, 2021 :
    I arrived at OnePlus by your hand so your goodbye is quite emotional for me. There are very few people I know that are as trusting and as good listeners as you are. I am certain you'll do wonders in your next endeavors and I can't wait to know more about them. Whatever it is, I hope I can still find you in Shenzhen the next I visit.

P.S. - You can now troll other users. Use that great power responsibly. :D

17. SRD.
    Lollipop Sep 20, 2021

SRD. , Sep 20, 2021 :
    This is really painful to see you leave David.

I know you are going to get success, whatever you do in your life.

A Big Hug dear David 🤗.

18. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 Oct 1, 2021

YRJ , Oct 1, 2021 :
    Don't know how I missed replying until now. But better late then never right?

During your time as a community manager you made a great difference in the community and you are the reason that I can write this message today. Had it not been for you, YRJ wouldn't exist so it sucks to see you leave. But I guess, making this decision wouldn't have been easy either so I wish you well with whatever you choose to do going forward.

Thank you for everything
    Best,
    Y

TibiTibi, Mr. BG, superplus and 4 others like this.