Dax Nagtegaal Was the Only Tech Support OnePlus Had for Months

?

Should @daxnagtegaal get a free OnePlus 2 for his service to the community

1. Yes! Obviously!

68.1%
  2. Yes! OnePlus should reward his efforts!

70.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TeamValor91
    Community Veteran Aug 8, 2015

TeamValor91 , Aug 8, 2015 :
    Dax is still my go to support for anything or who I tag to help others because he's just awesome like that.

2. Aaahh
    Marshmallow Aug 8, 2015

Aaahh , Aug 8, 2015 :
    You're not on telegram anymore
    We miss u

Deactivated User and TeamValor91 like this.
  3. SayMyName
    Jelly Bean Aug 8, 2015

SayMyName , Aug 8, 2015 :
    I agree with the idea but not with the reward. I think Oneplus should hire him, he's been more of a support than the actual customer service. Unless he already has a job that he loves, in which case a Oneplus two would be nice :D.

4. sidlittlefield
    KitKat Aug 8, 2015

sidlittlefield , Aug 8, 2015 :
    I don't know anything about him other than he has been crazy helpful. I didn't even know he was 18. He might not want to move to China. Of course, if wasn't such an old man, I would move to China. It's the future.

5. rphlfjrd
    Lollipop Aug 8, 2015

rphlfjrd , Aug 8, 2015 :
    Nothing hahaha

6. EpicSwirly
    Aug 8, 2015

rphlfjrd and DaxNagtegaal like this.
  7. Ceasedd
    Marshmallow Aug 8, 2015

Ceasedd , Aug 8, 2015 :
    Yes.He should be offered a job too.

binky, Garywehrle, Dougrunge and 4 others like this.
  8. Carl
    Co-founder Staff Member Aug 8, 2015

Carl , Aug 8, 2015 :
    Stop and think.

Great work should be recognized, but is pay for play really the spirit of our movement?

9. EpicSwirly
    Aug 8, 2015

EpicSwirly , Aug 8, 2015 :
    No, but sharing and helping the community is. ;):)

10. HR_778
    KitKat Aug 8, 2015

HR_778 , Aug 8, 2015 :
    You're 18 too? Join the club homie. Gives me a reason to talk in slang now :p

DaxNagtegaal and rphlfjrd like this.
  11. Carl

Carl , Aug 8, 2015 :
    Like with the recent mindless bandwagon jumping regarding NFC, people are too easily carried away. When they calm down and think, they realize that we are right.

Never forget why you did something in the first place, and never forget how that made you feel. When in doubt, calm down and think hard before jumping to conclusions.

12. Carl

Carl , Aug 8, 2015 :
    Our community is way more meaningful than an exchange of benefits. It saddened me to see this thread.

We are stepping up our community efforts, and you'll start to get a sense of the vision soon.

13. sfomin
    Nougat Aug 8, 2015

sfomin , Aug 8, 2015 :
    Thing is, I don't think anybody knows what the spirit of OP movement is anymore. Selling invites, telling customers to GTFO, 2016 flagship "killer" etc doesn't really support OPs original ideology :(

14. EpicSwirly
    Aug 8, 2015

EpicSwirly , Aug 8, 2015 :
    I agree. OnePlus has managed to create something unique, a unique community. A community centered around sharing and helping. A big part of the OnePlus experience lies within this community. This thread was not made to bring anyone down rather, to acknowledge a member who has gone above and beyond to help others. :)

15. bakerbarber
    Jelly Bean Aug 8, 2015

bakerbarber , Aug 8, 2015 :
    Don't be sad @Carl it's all in fun.

We know customer service is a work in progress.

You are asking people to Hype for you. How is that any different?

It's a two way street dude.

You want to have a give and take for free Hype and invites right?

"Earn" an invite is all the rage.
    Why would it make you sad to read this thread that suggests people "earn" some appreciation for helping OnePlus in a different way?

16. Carl

17. HR_778
    KitKat Aug 8, 2015

HR_778 , Aug 8, 2015 :
    You dropped it low....
    This low :cool::

18. Dougrunge
    Lollipop Aug 8, 2015

Dougrunge , Aug 8, 2015 :
    Agree +1 ;)

edit: I will left this here.
    9. Recognize Responsibility - The Customer is Always Right

Last edited: Aug 8, 2015

19. Garywehrle
    Jelly Bean Aug 8, 2015

Garywehrle , Aug 8, 2015 :
    Absolutely!
    @DaxNagtegaal is the go to person for every issue, and never complains about the "workload".
    A free phone is the LEAST OP should give him.
    Edit:
    About a week ago, I "instinctively" tagged @DaxNagtegaal when someone was having a problem with their phone, and I never even thought that he might not appreciate it. He didn`t complain to me publicly or privately. He actually "liked" me sending a member in need his way.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2015

20. return.of.octobot
    Jelly Bean Aug 8, 2015

return.of.octobot , Aug 8, 2015 :
    No one is suggesting a 'pay for play' scenario here, and if they are, then the intent of this thread has passed entirely over their head. This is not about an exchange of benefits, it's about rewarding meaningful contributions during a time when the vast majority of forum content has degraded into 'mindless bandwagon jumping' as @Carl so eloquently put it.

In short, I will agree that the creator of this thread was a bit overzealous with his initiative to get Dax a free phone, however I think at the very least an invite might be in order, so that if nothing else people like Dax get the first opportunity to purchase an OP2 should they choose to do so because let's face it, it's people like him that have 'earned' their invite, again, by way of meaningful contributions as opposed to the aforementioned bandwagon jumpers, that have nothing to add to this community.