Dax Nagtegaal Was the Only Tech Support OnePlus Had for Months

?

Should @daxnagtegaal get a free OnePlus 2 for his service to the community

1. Yes! Obviously!

68.1%
  2. Yes! OnePlus should reward his efforts!

70.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Halcyonic
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 8, 2015

Halcyonic , Aug 8, 2015 :
    Dax, you are definitely would deserve it out of all the forum members here considering you have helped constantly on these forums on the more technical problems. Sure, anyone can answer a few simple questions about the One (such as usage of privacy guard to prevent wakelocks), but you have made comprehensive guides such as this one and answered many questions that no one else would. Hopefully, the Oneplus team can see your contribution and reward you accordingly!

2. Naman Bhalla
    Recognized developer Community Expert Recognized Developer Aug 8, 2015

Naman Bhalla , Aug 8, 2015 :
    So as OP has cleared that no phone will be given,can't all of us, atleast those who can, donate $2 each to Dax for the device? As per Dax, there were 165 people ..so he can easily get it....

3. mmrbest
    Jelly Bean Aug 8, 2015

DaxNagtegaal and Pradeep071097 like this.
  4. Pradeep071097
    Jelly Bean Aug 8, 2015

Pradeep071097 , Aug 8, 2015 :
    18????!!!:eek::eek: U are older than me???!:eek: I am 17 yrs and 10 months old....

DaxNagtegaal and Asuka299 like this.
  5. Nimit4
    Jelly Bean Aug 8, 2015

Nimit4 , Aug 8, 2015 :
    @DaxNategaal Your the one to tech me how to root and install that TWRP

6. Pradeep071097
    Jelly Bean Aug 8, 2015

@DaxNagtegaal is resting a bit buddy... Mind if we say u have to wait... We'll inform him when he is here...

DaxNagtegaal and sfomin like this.
  7. Asuka299

Asuka299 , Aug 8, 2015 :
    Awww, so honest :D:D:D:D

DaxNagtegaal and SoniaB like this.
  8. Asuka299

Asuka299 , Aug 8, 2015 :
    I don't want to start a competition of who helped more better blah blah, but before the OP2 there are many thread in which DAXNAGTEGAL was tagged by fellow members first for solutions of their problems. No denying in that.

EDIT- sadly @Carl took it wrong way and whatever I said above was already said by others. WWYDFT2 is similar to Dax's work, he was spreading the word also giving the community. If DAX had participated in WWYDFT2, I'm pretty sure we would have seen most actually forum members voted for him. This thread was started in belief's that oneplus recognizes community and is for community.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2015

9. gaster
    Lollipop Moderator Aug 8, 2015

gaster , Aug 8, 2015 :
    It's not a competition of course. Like you say your thoughts and you know/recognize a member that helped the community here, it's the same with other members too from the start of the community. You don't say something bad or strange. Many free OP2 should be given then. That's what i meant :rolleyes:

10. Pradeep071097
    Jelly Bean Aug 8, 2015

Man, when I say ur name, I jerked coz I thought this thread is being closed... @gaster

11. vinay.k.21
    Jelly Bean Aug 8, 2015

DaxNagtegaal likes this.
  12. pa5t1s
    Marshmallow Aug 8, 2015

pa5t1s , Aug 8, 2015 :
    Well, just waking up and reading what happened last night... :( umm, I'm so sad about the 'failing' end, and I mean it! Anyway, keep on your excellent job!
    "Give, and you will be given"... ;)

13. gaster
    Lollipop Moderator Aug 8, 2015

gaster , Aug 8, 2015 :
    No it's not. No worries :D

Pradeep071097 and SoniaB like this.
  14. wilsmits
    Jelly Bean Aug 8, 2015

wilsmits , Aug 8, 2015 :
    True story

15. SoniaB
    Nougat Senior Moderator Aug 8, 2015

SoniaB , Aug 8, 2015 :
    Dax never actually asked for this. Forum members sought his recognition. I ask you this question @Carl, why was RealJake Cooper given an invite? He was playing and messing around, comes across the weaknesses and ways to exploit the reservation list, informs OnePlus and is given an invite for his effort. Perhaps I am misunderstanding, but is that not Pay for Play? :confused:

I look forward to seeing that vision :) but I think your post above is rather unfair. It saddened you to see this thread? Why? This thread shows how the community is coming together to recognise one individual who truly stands out.

@DaxNagtegaal was OnePlus support, when OnePlus support was of little help and struggled. He was OnePlus live chat before OnePlus live chat began.
    As much as we know and wait for more growth and positive ways forward for support, you have to understand that the contribution that Dax has made to this community makes him the go-to guy for issues before anyone actually contacts OnePlus CS.

Oyathnkso, bikas, hailli and 21 others like this.
  16. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Community Expert Aug 8, 2015

dsmonteiro , Aug 8, 2015 :
    @DaxNagtegaal, this comes as a late response to this thread but here it goes:

I'm not playing favourites here, but you're one of the most valuable members of the forum. Anyone that 'serves' this Forum so selflessly deserves my recognition. That's why I like to tag you when I direct someone to your thread. Credit where credit is due.

Thankfully, you're not a single case. People might like them or not but moderators also dedicate hundreds and hundreds of hours of their free (and not so free) time to help others enjoy the forum. This is so true that @Adam Krisko went from being a regular user to a mod, to a head mod and finally becoming a Community Manager.

And without naming anyone, because it would be unfair to do so, awesome people have done the same in other areas of the forum, like invite sharing, compiling information about ROMs, the devices, accessories and many other things.

And common denominator and most awesome thing is that every single person does that without expecting anything in return.

This is why I freaking love this Forum!

#HELP or GTFO

17. Abby
    KitKat Aug 8, 2015

Abby , Aug 8, 2015 :
    well said David !

18. lordcurry
    Gingerbread Aug 8, 2015

DaxNagtegaal likes this.
  19. Abby
    KitKat Aug 8, 2015

Abby , Aug 8, 2015 :
    people writing long paras here supporting a person (who himself doesnt demand anything and doing everything quite selflessly) and asking for clarificarion from carl is absurd.

Ceasedd likes this.
  20. wilsmits
    Jelly Bean Aug 8, 2015

wilsmits , Aug 8, 2015 :
    Yepp