dbrand GRIP Review

1. Shivang Joshi
    Starting Point Expert Apr 15, 2018

Shivang Joshi , Apr 15, 2018 :
    First, grab your snacks as this is going to be long.

You might be knowing the brand, dbrand? Right? If not, then I would like to inform you that they are one of the best skin manufacturers around the globe.

A few months back, they decided to enter the smartphone case market. Their first trailer video was released, and soon after that the Indiegogo Campaign was started. Also, the official promo video was released.

I was using a Hyperblack Titanium Skin (obviously, from dbrand) at that moment. So, I was familiar with the service of the brand, which I was dealing with. I pulled the trigger and ordered myself a dbrand Grip for my OnePlus 5 on the first day of the campaign itself. I had also ordered a Dragon Pack, which consisted of Black Dragon and Red Dragon skins, along with the usual Matte Black Skin which would come with the Grip. During the end days of the campaign, we were given the opportunity to order a Black Camo Skin and I picked that up as well.

Fast forward to 5 months later, I finally received my order. I came home from my college, after my examinations, and I was excited to open the package. (I had examinations the next day as well, but…) I started opening the package, and there it was, the case for the Grip. I opened that case to get a look into the Grip.

1523798236825.jpg

Opening the package, there was a small card, my Grip and a headphone adapter. Yes, they included a headphone jack adapter just in case your aux cable is too big and doesn’t fit directly with the case. Now, I pulled out the Grip, and applied it on my OnePlus 5. It did fit fine, but as they have mentioned in their Tutorial Videos, the Grip is best compatible with the Grip-specific skins. So, I peeled off my Hyperblack Titanium Skin and applied the Black Camo Skin. And then, installed the Grip on my device.

1523798220646.jpg

1523798220790.jpg

Now, let’s come to the most important part (You probably clicked this due to that reason)

At first, I felt a huge difference in the size of my device and thought that it got much more difficult to use that single-handed. But, after using it for a few hours, it seemed not that difficult. I have been using the device with Grip, since about last 3 days, and I have to say that it was worth it.

The major advertisement of the Grip, was about being the Grippiest Case in the world. So, I had to test that out. I didn’t have a glass laying by, (Best Grip on Glass Surface) but I tried to test it out on other surfaces. I tried it on my laptop’s body, and it stayed well there. Then, I tried on the box of my laptop, and it didn’t disappoint. One last try, I did it on my Diary, and well it didn’t disappoint again. For having better clarification in results, I tried it out with other devices (which included Xiaomi Mi A1, Nextbit Robin and Samsung Galaxy S8+) and they slid down very easily even with a smaller inclination angle. Not only, it grips to those different materials, but I can feel much better and secure grip in my hands as well, and that allows me to use the device single-handed. So, in my opinion, Grip is the Grippiest case in the world.

1523798220916.jpg

Next thing, I would like to talk about is the buttons and openings for the ports on the Grip. Buttons are clicky and gives a good tactile feedback. The alert slider has got a lot easier to use now. In every other case the alert slider was recessed, which made it a bit more difficult to access. But, with the Grip, it’s simple. The openings for the Charging Port is big enough to fit the Oneplus Cable in there. And the headphone jack opening is also sufficient for most of the headphones. If your headphones can’t fit into that opening, you can use that adapter they provided, instead of removing the case every time.

1523798221178.jpg

1523798221291.jpg

1523798237036.jpg

Last, but not the least, the D3O technology is used on the corners of the case for drop-protection. I was unable to test this out as I am afraid that I might break my device, and I don’t have spare devices lying around.

1523798236918.jpg

Anyhow, the Grip looks amazing, and the Black Camo skin goes well with it. And the Grip is not only in the name of the case, but it shows that in practical usage as well. I think this much would be enough for a Case Review. In case, anyone has any questions, feel free to engage with me right here.

1523798221046.jpg

Thanks a ton for reading 800 words long post.

End Note: The GRIP was available for pre-orders on Indiegogo for OnePlus 3/3T/5. They might start taking new orders soon. Also, they might start manufacturing for OnePlus 5T and later devices as soon as they have the equipment. (Maybe, they're already doing that.)

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018

2. [GG]
    Jelly Bean Apr 15, 2018

[GG] , Apr 15, 2018 :
    Very nice,detailed review accompanied with great pictures.

Well done!

Deepak.Si, Matt 80, Mjo and 1 other person like this.
  3. Shivang Joshi

Thanks a lot:D

Matt 80, Mjo and [GG] like this.
  4. RedDragon22
    Honeycomb Apr 15, 2018

5. Shivang Joshi

It might be in the making already (My speculation, no confirmation):blush:

6. Azeeb_IND
    Gingerbread Apr 15, 2018

Matt 80 and Shivang Joshi like this.
  7. Shivang Joshi

Matt 80 likes this.
  8. Matt 80
    Lollipop Apr 15, 2018

[GG] and Shivang Joshi like this.
  9. Shivang Joshi

Matt 80 likes this.
  10. Moin2200
    KitKat Apr 15, 2018

Moin2200 , Apr 15, 2018 :
    It’s confirmed they will sell 5T at the next batch when they have delivered all of the indiegogo orders.

Shivang Joshi likes this.
  11. Shivang Joshi

Yes:smiley:

12. Cheetosdust

13. Shivang Joshi

Cheetosdust likes this.
  14. geo07
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 15, 2018

geo07 , Apr 15, 2018 :
    The skin is dope, I really love it, the grip though even if it looks very protective I'm not so much fan.

15. Shivang Joshi

I like a little more protection on my device. In my opinion, this bumper allows me to have protection, without sacrificing the looks.

geo07 likes this.
  16. h_kashyap
    Jelly Bean Apr 15, 2018

17. Shivang Joshi

I'm glad that you enjoyed it [e]1f603[/e][e]270c[/e]️

h_kashyap likes this.
  18. NeVeR_SeTTLe
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Oct 13, 2018

NeVeR_SeTTLe , Oct 13, 2018 :
    Thanks for this and sorry I missed it.
    Looks like you liked the Grip. I might consider purchasing one for my future device.
    Don't you wish the Grip had port dusters?

19. Shivang Joshi
    Starting Point Expert Oct 13, 2018

Shivang Joshi , Oct 13, 2018 :
    Naah, you didn't miss it as you're right here ;)

Yeap, I liked it and I'm looking for the second generation :D

Port dusters? You mean something which can remove ports from the device? Just like the removal of headphone jack? :p

NeVeR_SeTTLe likes this.
  20. NeVeR_SeTTLe
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Oct 13, 2018

NeVeR_SeTTLe , Oct 13, 2018 :
    LoL! No! I meant to say dust caps :D