Dbrand vs. Skinnova skins for OP3

?

From experience, which brand is better(cutting, fitting, durability)

1. Dbrand

52 vote(s)
    65.8%
  2. Skinnova

21 vote(s)
    26.6%
  3. Slickwraps

6 vote(s)
    7.6%
  1. prisacariuadi
    Jelly Bean Aug 31, 2016

prisacariuadi , Aug 31, 2016 :
    Hello OP3 brothers,

I want to start a new thread where those that have applied skins on their OP3 can review different brand skins skins, in order to find out which one is better for our phone.

https://dbrand.com/shop/oneplus-3-skins
    or
    http://www.gadgetshieldz.com/oneplus-3-skins-decals-wraps.html
    or
    https://www.slickwraps.com/devices/phones/android/oneplus-3.html

We can also share pics with our added cool combo skins to help undecided colleagues to pick theirs(also my case :D)

// if u know another brands...point them and i will add them in poll

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016

2. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Community Expert Aug 31, 2016

dsmonteiro , Aug 31, 2016 :
    Never heard about that second brand but I ordered a Slickwraps skin for the OP3. Currently waiting Customs Clearance.

3. prisacariuadi
    Jelly Bean Aug 31, 2016

added to poll...looks pretty good(especially that u can choose some printed skins)

4. Radeon962
    KitKat Aug 31, 2016

Radeon962 , Aug 31, 2016 :
    As far as normal skins go I have used both dBrand and SlickWraps and both are great. dBrand takes a long time to ship to me in the US as they are in Canada. Same quality so it depends on when I need a skin and which of them is running a sale.

Where SlickWraps takes the lead for me is with their Natural Series. Real wood and real leather on a 3M adhesive rather than just a normal skin.

https://www.slickwraps.com/natural-series-wraps-skins-for-oneplus-3.html

I used the Natural Series Black leather on my Nexus 6P and it was excellent.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Radeon962
    KitKat Aug 31, 2016

Should have also said that SlickWraps is still running their back to school sale with 42% off everything if you use coupon code "SCHOOL" at checkout.

dsmonteiro and prisacariuadi like this.
  6. dsmonteiro

Ordered a real bamboo cover with that code. If it's remotely similar to what I saw online, it's just perfect!

7. CyberT
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 31, 2016

CyberT , Aug 31, 2016 :
    I have dbrand skins on my Laptop, PS4 and had it on and iPhone. I have tried many patterns and they all feel like real material they imitate. They are cut to exact specs and maximum precision.

I also tried skins from decalgirl.com and I was satisfied with them, too. They have so much different patterns you could literary spend a few days just browsing them.

8. puneet_si
    Froyo Aug 31, 2016

9. prisacariuadi
    Jelly Bean Aug 31, 2016

on https://www.decalgirl.com/ they don't have for OnePlus..

10. Radeon962
    KitKat Aug 31, 2016

I have used the bamboo on an iPhone 6s Plus but the version for the OP3 looks like a better implementation as it wraps to the side where the iPhone version was just on the back only so there was a "ridge" as there is some thickness to the wood.

I believe you will enjoy the bamboo as it brings back memories of my OnePlus One with the bamboo StyleSwap.

prisacariuadi likes this.
  11. dsmonteiro

That's exactly why I bought it, I miss my OPO!

From what I saw on the site though, I think it only covers the back as well but, since the OP3 sides are more angled, it looks like you just have a metal bezel, like the OP2, and kinda cool IMO.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. JelleZon
    Lollipop Aug 31, 2016

Milan34119 likes this.
  13. GeesRiK

GeesRiK , Aug 31, 2016 :
    I have a slickwraps on my OP3. Its OK at best. Love the design on it, but the fit isn't the best, esp around the power and SIM tray slot.

[​IMG]

malthini likes this.
  14. prisacariuadi
    Jelly Bean Aug 31, 2016

indeed...i can see also there is a small gap on the lower side of the skin

15. GeesRiK

GeesRiK , Aug 31, 2016 :
    Not sure if that was my rubbish skills at applying it! But there isn't one at the top and its not overlapping. (I dont think so anyway look at it right now!)

16. Soild_UK
    Froyo Aug 31, 2016

Soild_UK , Aug 31, 2016 :
    OK, I know this is pointless, but...

Can you still use a case with a skin applied? I like the look of the bamboo skin, but would also like the option to use my sandstone case when needed

17. Radeon962
    KitKat Aug 31, 2016

With a regular skin most cases fit. With the Natural Series you would not be able to use a case as the Natural Series has thickness to it as it is real leather and real wood.

Soild_UK likes this.
  18. OnePlusOneGuy

OnePlusOneGuy , Aug 31, 2016 :
    It's not your fault. The gap is there on my Batman one too. I have applied skins before. So i know their cutting is not precise. Anyway i wrote to them about the gap and they sent me a replacement. I haven't applied it yet though. I hope it is precise this time.

19. hunkman
    Gingerbread Sep 1, 2016

hunkman , Sep 1, 2016 :
    I have used Skinnova on two of my previous OP phones and I must say quality of their cuts and fit of the skins is top notch. The textures won't differ from Dbrand or others since all the brands that you have qouted above use the exact same 3M film. The great thing about Skinnova is that they have the same customization options like Dbrand has. I have been using them for a while now and I would always go with them for all my skins. I have even posted a review of the skins applied on my OP3. They look fabulous.

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/my-oneplus-3-skins.456458/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

malthini, EmzeO, davidVR46 and 2 others like this.
  20. GeesRiK
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 1, 2016

GeesRiK , Sep 1, 2016 :
    Ah thats good. I didn't even bother complaining. I really should have now. The closer I look the more wonky the top line looks as well!

They cost a fair amount to import from the US to the UK all things considered. It got picked up for import duty/tax onthe way in, so my £14 skin, ended up cost £25. Not worth it IMO, even if it was a perfect fit. Shame as I really like the Justin Maller designs.