[Deadline extended] Welcome to the CUBE - A Space Where Knowledge Flows!

1. Starcommander
    Lollipop Feb 23, 2020

2. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Feb 23, 2020

3. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer Feb 23, 2020

Starcommander likes this.
  4. Shashikiran12
    Cupcake Feb 27, 2020

5. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer Feb 27, 2020

6. Deactivated User
    Feb 29, 2020

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 29, 2020

7. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer Feb 29, 2020

YRJ , Feb 29, 2020 :
    Time's up I guess! Have linked what I believe is eligible for cube. Good luck guys.
    Well that is it from me! Have been creating threads, sometimes huge ones, never did to win any contest as such but this time around coincidentally, there is a contest. I might have rushed a couple threads to meet the deadline but apart from that it was fun!
    Good work in reigniting the cube, dsmonteiro.
    Fingers crossed for the final pick.

As @Impersonal suggested, further extension would be a good idea. Just my 2 cents ;)
    Have fun!

8. Deactivated User
    Feb 29, 2020

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 29, 2020

9. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer Mar 1, 2020

YRJ , Mar 1, 2020 :
    Thank you so much, for your kind words. I really am short of words to describe what it means to me. As I said before, messages like these keep me motivated :)
    Thank you and have a great Sunday ;)

10. Starcommander
    Lollipop Mar 1, 2020

Starcommander , Mar 1, 2020 :
    @Trista W.
    This is my personal opinion and no hatred for anyone.
    When someone creates a thread, he/she involves their precious time in it.
    Shooting the photos to creating the header using photoshop, then finding which is the best header and finally writing a thread is NOT an easy process.
    Every thread written by fellow community members as well as myself are a result of the hard work we put throughout the thread. I am sure @Impersonal and @YRJ will agree.

The strange fact is forum also appreciates our threads by posting it to recommended section.
    I assume if a thread is in recommended section and it is also posted in CUBE, it must be a star thread.

But the CUBE is not updated at all.
    I read in February contest when someone posts plagiarized photos in SOOP, this makes your team feel bad.
    Similarly when you tend to create a platform for creating threads for community and fail to give recognition, it makes us feel BAD.
    There are very few members who often write threads :
    @YRJ
    @Impersonal
    @Venky61
    @B.I.T.S.
    The lack of attention to these threads, lack of control over CUBE platform, is something I personally don't like.

Before ending the post I would like to ask you a question.
    Why do you ignore the user's who love this community the most?
    IMG-20200222-WA0049.jpg
    IMG-20200222-WA0067.jpg
    IMG-20200222-WA0060.jpeg

Last edited: Mar 1, 2020

11. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Mar 1, 2020

Venky61 , Mar 1, 2020 :
    I agree with @Impersonal @YRJ and @Starcommander
    To be frank I still do not understand the process & purpose of Cube. I personally posted here in the expectation that it might reach more users considering the concept of Cube that's projected, more than the rewards. But seems like there's hardly any activity from the team or users except for very few. May be the other users are as confused as me.
    Will it matter if a topic relevant in Aug 2019, is made star thread in Mar 2020?

Anyway, I am sure there are other users who did not post here and still contributing as they do, and I can say that we will too, irrespective of the outcome of this thread. Cheers :)

Last edited: Mar 2, 2020

F1556204523619, TibiTibi, YRJ and 3 others like this.
  12. Deactivated User
    Mar 1, 2020

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2020

F1556204523619, TibiTibi, YRJ and 2 others like this.
  13. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Mar 2, 2020

Stickied Post
    dsmonteiro , Mar 2, 2020 :
    Hey everyone,

Thank you for the great contents that you've shared.
    We will now review all the threads and promote the best ones to the CUBE.

In a similar fashion, even though we didn't do it on a weekly basis as initially intended, we'll reward the best threads as Star threads, with the corresponding raffle points.

Again, we understand this campaign may have not be up to your standards and I apologise for that. Still, the most important for us has been accomplished, which was finding great writers amongst our Community. We will update the thread once the all the CUBE-worthy threads have been selected.

14. Starcommander
    Lollipop Mar 2, 2020

Starcommander , Mar 2, 2020 :
    Hey David :)
    Thanks for acknowledgement. I understand there could have been better execution but the fact that like minded people united and shared their knowledge makes it a truly remarkable progress.
    Thank you @YRJ for your amazing threads.
    Thanks @Impersonal for the amazing ideas you shared.
    I would like to apologize to you or any staff if my previous message was harsh. I know it's difficult to implement a campaign but I would like to thank you and all other staff who acknowledged the failure in implementation and tried to improve it.
    None the less, thanks for this campaign.

Following are my threads (some were added to this thread, some were not) :
    1. Tips and Tricks: Capture real Emotions
    2. [Contest] Scramble and Unleash your creativity
    3. Nostalgic Walk through : Which is the first gadget you ever owned?
    4. Huawei Launch Event : Key Highlights
    5. [Story time] 3 years at OnePlus forums
    6. BW2 Olive green (Beautiful, unique, bold design)
    7. [Special OnePlus Products #1] Never Settle Hoodie
    8. Thank you community for the best birthday!
    9. [Special OnePlus Products #2] Ruler Bookmark Set

15. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer Mar 2, 2020

YRJ , Mar 2, 2020 :
    Thank you, Star!
    It was a collective effort, credit is due to all the writer's of the forum, yourself included.

Looking back, I'm happy that with everyone's contribution we could create diverse, informative, funny and helpful content. While the road to the finish wasn't exactly smooth, we made it.
    I thank @Trista W. , @dsmonteiro and everyone else involved, both on the front end and backend, in the ideation and execution of The CUBE. Undoubtedly, it is my favourite sub-form. Hopefully, it will serve it's its purpose in the long run.

BR,
    Y

16. Deactivated User
    Mar 2, 2020

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2020

F1556204523619, YRJ, Venky61 and 3 others like this.
  17. brian.sedore
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 28, 2020

brian.sedore , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Mar 28, 2020 :
    Is there a way to suggest a contest in the Cube thread still? I realize the deadline has come and gone, so I would understand completely.

Deactivated User likes this.
  18. Deactivated User
    Mar 28, 2020

Starcommander likes this.
  19. ShadowManA
    Cupcake Mar 30, 2020

20. brian.sedore
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 1, 2020

brian.sedore , Apr 1, 2020 :
    Here goes nothing then! I'll mention @Trista W. because of a recent post relating to the Cube.

Idea: With the newly changed logo for OnePlus and having opened the Community app recently, something stood out even before the app opened. The "old" OnePlus logo that we have all come to know and love was staring me in the face. As a fairwell, I feel like it would be fitting to let members design a new Community App icon that incorporates the new logo. Not only that, this could be extended to a whole new set of icons that could be officially available with a future OOS update. I know there are creative members here with some great artistic/tech skills that could make some amazing icons.

So that was the idea. Apologies if somebody has already suggested this and it was shot down. I feel like I'm active enough that I get all of the official information, but I do not read all of the comments. Have a good day!