Deal breakers?

1. Texan21
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 16, 2015

Texan21 , Aug 16, 2015 :
    When I heard there was no NFC, a non removable battery, no SD card slot, AND no 4k display I really considered pricier phones like the Galaxy S6 or Note 5. Then I realized I have used NFC on my GS4 twice, with my mom, and only within the first week of getting it.
    Furthermore, I really want to add additional storage but with cloud services like Dropbox it's just like, whatever. The removable battery doesn't phase me until I read about other people complaining about it, but I really have never utilized the real benefits of this (changing a dead battery for a spare).
    The display is not something I honestly care about either so as long as the camera takes great pictures. Plus, with the addition of a fingerprint scanner (which I will probably treat like the NFC) I'm extremely excited about getting this phone, someday, hopefully......

Anywho, what do you think about these things? What are some mitigating factors for you? Do you REALLY need NFC or an SD card slot?

EDIT:

I posted this in the wrong area, well, kind of so let me add something about the invites.

Although I understand the purpose of the invites it reminds me of the use of Common Core Standards used in education here in the USA in regards to the intended purpose versus the reality. The intended purpose (in my opinion) of the invites is to reduce costs and to limit the production of phones to guaranteed buyers instead of having facilities with hundreds of thousands of unsold phones they can't get rid of.

But our reality (potential buyers) is that we have to wait for someone to be kind, especially for the noobs and for those who have little to no friends (whether actual friends or friends who are interested in the phone/technology/have internet access/etc.)

So where does that leave us? What are some economical alternatives to the invite system that reduce costs for OnePlus and puts phones in a timely manner into the hands of buyers?

Last edited: Aug 16, 2015

Josenca likes this.
  2. arunptm
    Eclair Aug 16, 2015

3. quantumphone
    Gingerbread Aug 16, 2015

quantumphone , Aug 16, 2015 :

I'll answer the last part. I think the best alternative to the invite system would be for people to pre-order the phone and that way OnePlus can use the money towards creating the phones and having it sent out to the buyers. Except it would not be a traditional pre-order. Let's say the first 10,000 buyers that pre-order will be charged the full price of the phone and anyone else that pre-orders after that first 10,000 will not be charged but will be pending a charge until OnePlus is ready to make phones for the second batch of buyers. I think this would be a good method.

Josenca and HerrN87 like this.
  4. Texan21

Texan21 , Aug 16, 2015 :
    That sounds like a good alternative! I like that! I wonder if they would consider doing that to keep potential buyers from going to the dark side......

5. quantumphone
    Gingerbread Aug 16, 2015

They may consider changing the invite system before the successor to the oneplus 2 is released. Also what company's are you referring to as the dark side? :Do_O

6. Texan21

Texan21 , Aug 16, 2015 :
    Apple, Samsung, HTC (kind of), Nokia, Nexus line of phones...... For the most part, any phone that is readily available even though the price is marked up by 200$+

7. quantumphone
    Gingerbread Aug 16, 2015

I think as of right now the direct competitors are those like Motorola that are offering a phone with nearly the same specs and also in the same price bracket as OnePlus. The Moto X Pure is a huge competitor right now.

8. Texan21

Texan21 , Aug 16, 2015 :
    I had never heard of that phone until you mentioned it TBH, but I suppose you are right. I personally have never been a fan of Motorola and that may be due to a lack of advertising in the same caliber as Samsung, Apple, LG, and HTC.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2015

9. Camzo
    Honeycomb Aug 17, 2015

Camzo , Aug 17, 2015 :
    I would've really like expandable storage, but I can probably live without if I remove some stuff that I don't use/listen to much.

10. Texan21
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 17, 2015

Texan21 , Aug 17, 2015 :
    I saw a case for the GS6 that is a battery pack and adds expandable storage. Maybe they can add one for the 1+2.....
    image.jpg

11. Camzo
    Honeycomb Aug 17, 2015

Camzo , Aug 17, 2015 :
    I know of usb type-c storage devices, so I'll most likely get one of those.

12. Josenca
    Gingerbread Aug 17, 2015

Josenca , Aug 17, 2015 :

Good idea...! OP should consider this...! :)