Dear Carl Pei, we need to talk

1. meatandy
    Oreo Jul 14, 2018

meatandy , Jul 14, 2018 :
    He will after @David Y. messages him about it.;):D

2. Eeshan_Bhave
    Froyo Jul 14, 2018

Eeshan_Bhave , Jul 14, 2018 :
    Hey Man, I went through the entire article and I realised that you got your point through without actually offending anyone. and seeing your journey through 3 flagships, @Carl is accountable to you. to me. to us.
    I doubt his presence will make a difference to half the community who keep asking *will we get 8.1*.
    but for the rest half who are actually involved here, it'll be a great way to exchange honest ideas and feedback.
    Have a great day mate

3. buntycubal
    User of the Year 2017 Jul 14, 2018

4. meatandy
    Oreo Jul 14, 2018

How do you know Carl does not lurk the forum without signing in or using other means?

Bouncer71, Damonp87, SJBoss and 8 others like this.
  5. Eeshan_Bhave
    Froyo Jul 14, 2018

Eeshan_Bhave , Jul 14, 2018 :
    check his profile. in info you'll see last activity. great way to stalk people :)

6. MiszterSoul
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 14, 2018

MiszterSoul , Jul 14, 2018 :
    [Only my thoughts after reading the text]

Hm, interesting to read, interesting perspective of thinking about a co-founder.
    Its suer OnePlus is different than other brands, and as I'm thinking, I don't think Carl need to be the part of the comminity that hard how you "want".
    He have a lot of work to do for sure.

Okey, in his free time, he could come on the forum, and read / write something, but the forum is huge, he can't be everywhere, and if you can't be everywhere, be in nowhere is sometime better.
    He have a lot of good members on the forum, as you said, I think its fine, and acceptable.

idkwhoiam322 and Cheetosdust like this.
  7. meatandy
    Oreo Jul 14, 2018

How do you know he can't lurk the forums without logging in to his account ? :D

Bouncer71, Damonp87, pa5t1s and 6 others like this.
  8. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Jul 14, 2018

Cheetosdust , Jul 14, 2018 :
    Hello Joshi,

I really really don't need or care if he replies to this thread. :)

And I love that OnePlus is doing these Open Ears Forums, however, these are the forums that made OnePlus. He, Carl, the co-founder, owes these forums - not me or this thread - a reply.

Like I mentioned, an "hello, I'm here, how are your" or a "I loved that "or a "hated that". Just an hello from your hotel bedroom, that means you are reading and paying attention to these boards; it means you are with the company you co-founded years ago :)

Because if someone writes and writes about the community and does not show up here, that just leaves the door opened to jokes, disdain and, well, even more easily written jokes.

Adam will always be OnePlus to me. And the irony is that Carl can always mean that, if only he could earn my respect. ;)

Yes, I'm not here since day one, but I followed this company since that time. I deserve more, I "feel". However, I'm sure all of you that are here since 2013/14 should demand more!

I don't know or care for that. I just feel that Carl should listen to David (or Ruby or Crystal) more. I think Carl should reaaaaally listen to whatever those Staff Members I mentioned without tagging are telling him. Why? Well, because they are here every single day. ;)

Thank you, that was exactly what I was trying to do. Not offend anyone, but write this. I really love posts like yours, because I truly believe we can say what we feel with love.

Hello, thank you. I feel what you wrote and I appreciate it :)

Because these forums are hosted on "forums.oneplus.com". You co-found at least one third of that url, I believe you should post before and after you want to sell me something ;)

9. hotsauce
    Lollipop Jul 14, 2018

hotsauce , Jul 14, 2018 :
    Went to India for Open Ears Forum. Rage quit shortly after. Coincident?

Bouncer71, Damonp87, SJBoss and 7 others like this.
  10. superplus
    English POC Assistant Head Moderator Jul 14, 2018

superplus , Jul 14, 2018 :
    @Cheetosdust a great read yet again. Sadly, while it's much better written than his letters to the community, which ended prematurely anyway, I doubt he'll get past the title, even if it is forwarded to him, it'll probably need to be summed up in a paragraph, if that much. "Carl, you really need to pretend to care for a bit again, can you please bee ( :p ) focussed ( :rolleyes: ) for a moment to do that?".

yes, I was sad not to see a bzzzz in the title, but then wasn't disappointed when opening the thread fortunately :D

Indeed, my good sir, indeed.

Yes, I'll say, he's probably an ounce of hair lighter :p:rolleyes: if there were any there to start with ;-p

Sadly, I don't think he'll give a toss. But eh well...

Bouncer71, Damonp87, SJBoss and 10 others like this.
  11. nyzproof333
    KitKat Jul 14, 2018

nyzproof333 , Jul 14, 2018 :
    I think you're taking this whole "community" thing a little too seriously. It's a cell phone companies b*llshit forum.....

12. nyzproof333
    KitKat Jul 14, 2018

Carl doesn't owe you sh*t man....and certainly not taking time out his day to tell you "hello".

Get over it.

13. Shivang Joshi

Shivang Joshi , Jul 14, 2018 :
    I just feel he can start interacting with this community (if he really wants to start...) by replying to this thread.

True, I love what they're doing with Open Ears Forums. Yup, maybe just a little interaction of @Carl on these forums would make it look like he's there.

Agreed :)

14. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow Jul 14, 2018

SJBoss, idkwhoiam322, the_o2 and 6 others like this.
  15. Sandeep Kaushik
    Donut Jul 14, 2018

16. pa5t1s
    User of the Year 2014 Jul 14, 2018

pa5t1s , Jul 14, 2018 :
    True, but so much funnier than any other I use to visit and contribute to ;)
    Edit : tbh, it's becoming a bit boring nowadays, dunno why... :rolleyes:

17. nyzproof333
    KitKat Jul 14, 2018

Why? Why should he interact with this forum? What is so special you need to tell him that would warrant his time here?

You're going to tell him about new features you want? He has people to hear that stuff. You going to ask him when the 6t is coming? He isnt going to tell you because it would canabalize 6 sales. You want to tell him about a neat new contest you think they should run? Again, people to deal with that. You want to tell him how to sell more phones? Ok, I'm sure you have it all figured out....

So I guess I come back to "why"?

18. Cheetosdust

Cheetosdust , Jul 14, 2018 :
    Hah, I don't think so, no! :)

I just feel you can't have a company build upon its community and then just trade it all for a new friend - Twitter or YouTubers.

You were here before me. I feel like Carl found a more interesting friend after. I can't imagine how YOU must be feeling.

And no, this has nothing to do with the OnePlus 3 to 6. I love those phones.

I don't mind that, I really don't that he won't past the title :)

Your love (mods and staff and community) towards me, always left me speechless. All of you could just close threads like this one and I'm sure you all could just let them die and not reply.

I already wrote this - but I don't have anything but love, respect and admiration for you, you Superplus, the mod team, and so many members of the staff, as well as the community. I wrote here already. OnePlus has a forum and a community because of people like you and all that replied to this thread already.

Maybe you are correct about the first sentence. But I know you are not correct about the second one. You can write whatever you want about the company OnePlus, however, this forum is not BS to me. It honored with countless friendships :)

Hehe, I don't mind he won't reply. You did and that's all that matters to me. You are here, on a Saturday, writing words. That means the world to me :)

pa5t1s, SJBoss, GopalB. and 5 others like this.
  19. nyzproof333
    KitKat Jul 14, 2018

It's a time waster forum and some treat it like a job. Who knows, probably contracted employees to spin negatives and keep the convo going

Damonp87, idkwhoiam322 and pa5t1s like this.
  20. nyzproof333
    KitKat Jul 14, 2018

What do you want to talk to him about so badly?

Damonp87 and pa5t1s like this.