Dear OnePlus, what's going on with the OP6 in Australia?

1. -Mark Cupcake May 17, 2018

-Mark, May 17, 2018 :
    Hello Friends,
    Before the release of the OP6, I posted this question on one of the OP6 information posts by Pete.

[​IMG]

Sadly, this did not receive a reply.
    The OP6 is not available for purchase from the Australian store at the time of writing.
    However, since the recent release of the OP6 I have been following Australian discussion boards and blog posts regarding the phone.

Australian enthusiasts have noticed a few changes to the Australian version of the website which may hint at the release of the OP6 in Australia.

For example, previously visiting the Australian store would return this message:
    https://web.archive.org/web/20180504125047/https://www.oneplus.com/au/
    Which says "We're putting sales for this region on hold".

However, visiting the Australian store at the time of writing shows this:
    https://web.archive.org/web/20180517151305/https://www.oneplus.com/au

As you can see, the message has changed, although still referring to the OnePlus5 it now states "Are you ready Australia?".

To add to this, the OnePlus6 is now listed under the phones section of the Australian store (where the 5T was not when it was released as it did not receive an official release for Australia).
    [​IMG]

However, currently clicking on this leads to a 404 page.
    whereas the stores in the other regions all have the OnePlus6 on display for sale.

Hence the confusion with the Australian region as many OnePlus fans in Australia have expressed.
    What is happening with the OP6 in Australia? Is there a delay till release? If so how long? (As when the OP5 was released in Australia with a delay, the OP 5T was right around the corner).

Thank you.
    Mark.

2. Evan_FTW Froyo May 19, 2018

Evan_FTW, May 19, 2018 :
    OnePlus might be hinting they will do another "soft launch" just before the Oneplus 6t comes out. (similar to the 5t case). Or they will soon make Australia an offical release country (I hope)
    I got the OnePlus 5 as soon as the soft launch is opened and I can't wait to get my hands on the Oneplus 6!

3. virgoz Cupcake May 19, 2018

virgoz, May 19, 2018 :
    It's a disgrace. I receive all the One plus notifications, invites, you name it, but as soon as I engage.. "404" you are an Australian, go away. All the support over the years for OP and its products, then treated like shit.
    Worse than Apple for client treatment..? Maybe..

4. bigfella78 Donut May 21, 2018

bigfella78, May 21, 2018 :
    I ordered my Oneplus 5T from the USA which was freight forwarded...

I'd like to order my 6T and 7T in Australia.. Its not too much to ask.

5. HappyDying Cupcake May 23, 2018

HappyDying, May 23, 2018 :
    At least there's hope :')

Those other pages about the OnePlus 5 have been there since the end of last year I think though.

6. meatandy Nougat May 23, 2018

meatandy, May 23, 2018 :
    Here is the official response from OnePlus your looking for.

7. Hydra Bob Starting Point Expert May 23, 2018

Hydra Bob, May 23, 2018 :
    Prepare for having your post deleted.:rolleyes: Self promotion isn't allowed on the forums even for voucher codes. Put the link in your signature if you want to make it available for people to use.

Last edited: May 23, 2018

8. Tobikage Marshmallow May 23, 2018

Tobikage, May 23, 2018 :
    OnePlus introduces a Referral program ? Random Forum threads gets spammed by these idiots. :expressionless:

Evan_FTW and Hydra Bob like this.
  9. Tobikage Marshmallow May 23, 2018

Patrickim2147, Hydra Bob and meatandy like this.
  10. Tobikage Marshmallow May 23, 2018

Patrickim2147 and David Y. like this.
  11. meatandy Nougat May 23, 2018

meatandy, May 23, 2018 :
    Well the same OP business policy regarding Australia obviously still stands today.

12. Tobikage Marshmallow May 23, 2018

Tobikage, May 23, 2018 :
    Which policy ? The no response policy because OnePlus has no idea either policy ?

Patrickim2147 and Hydra Bob like this.
  13. Hydra Bob Starting Point Expert May 23, 2018

Hydra Bob, May 23, 2018 :
    It seems like they're planning on repeating their strategy of dumping off their unsold OP6 stock on them right before the 6t launch. Hopefully they don't drop them like a sack of potatoes afterwards again.

rpisarskis, Tobikage and meatandy like this.
  14. meatandy Nougat May 23, 2018

meatandy, May 23, 2018 :
    Steven clearly said....
    "We're putting sales for this region on hold until we're sure our Aussie fans can get the best OnePlus experience."

Until Oneplus makes another announcement regarding AUS. We can only assume that their lastest statement still stands.

Tobikage likes this.
  15. meatandy Nougat May 23, 2018

meatandy, May 23, 2018 :
    Or somewhere else...:rolleyes:

Hydra Bob likes this.
  16. David Y. Global Community Manager Staff Member May 23, 2018

David Y., May 23, 2018 :
    hey Mark,

regarding your question, sorry I don't have any good news to share. last year I went to beautiful Australia and met some very good friends there. personally, I hope that the company can open up the Australian market and introduce our products to our Aussie friends. I really hope we can bring you good news in the near future.

17. Tobikage Marshmallow May 23, 2018

Tobikage, May 23, 2018 :
    So...same thing I said :p

meatandy likes this.
  18. rpisarskis Eclair May 25, 2018

rpisarskis, May 25, 2018 :
    Smoke and Mirrors pretty much saying, not happening. I have the OP5 works fine, seems like a cop out

Tooony likes this.