December 2016 Letter: Two Years in Review

1. SoniaB
    Nougat Head Moderator Dec 28, 2016

SoniaB , Dec 28, 2016 :
    Thread locked whilst moderation action is undertaken.
    Edit - thread reopened

2. Mr. BG
    Marshmallow Dec 28, 2016

Mr. BG , Dec 28, 2016 :
    Thank you cleaning fairy ;)

3. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Dec 28, 2016

script likes this.
  4. script
    Nougat Moderator Dec 28, 2016

script , Dec 28, 2016 :
    I hope you won't say that in 2018.

Mr. BG and SoniaB like this.
  5. nelsonningombam
    Gingerbread Dec 28, 2016

nelsonningombam , Dec 28, 2016 :

6. Tobikage
    Nougat Dec 28, 2016

Tobikage , Dec 28, 2016 :
    Support for 2015 products will be dropped in 2017 since OnePlus is apparently "a small company" and they aren't capable of maintaining more than 3 devices at a time.

There's not much happening in terms of support anyway besides for the 3 and the 3T is there ?

7. astralbee
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 28, 2016

astralbee , Dec 28, 2016 :
    @Carl,

I've been thinking more about your open letter of reflection, about how you could improve.

Despite the promising start with the One being 'developer friendly', it seems like you are only just fully appreciating the developer community with your improved beta program and open developer sources for the OP3. This is a GOOD THING. Don't step backwards in this regard again like you did with the 2 and X.

But amateur developers are still running rings round your own dev team, and I can understand why those who choose not to mod are losing faith in you.

I have personally been amazed at the work of developers such as Sultanxda, who has the camera on the Oneplus One working better than you ever could with stabilization and improved image quality; and also Marko Man (Darkobas) who built Sultan's camera into THE most rock-solid stable AOSP based rom I have ever used, with rapid charging and the best battery life I ever experienced.

Why aren't you giving jobs to people like this?

That's all.

SoniaB, Mr. BG and theshinybeast like this.
  8. G_Daniel_Mercado_D._Fnpk
    Cupcake Dec 29, 2016

G_Daniel_Mercado_D._Fnpk , Dec 29, 2016 :
    I wished I could be some sort of embassador of one plus on my country. I freaking love my OP3T, it's the best phone I've ever had so far and I love showing how good it is and affordable too. In comparison to other brands who's pricing is way overboard. It's a product that goes with my beliefs system and codes.

Thanks OP you guys rock

9. johnnymartz3
    Jelly Bean Dec 29, 2016

johnnymartz3 , Dec 29, 2016 :
    I haven't checked in regularly on the forums for quite a while, but seeing this definitely makes me want to make my visits more regular. I for one was one of those fans that was hugely disappointed with the OnePlus 2, although to be fair, a good portion of that disappointment was Qualcomm's fault and not OnePlus,. But still, it's nice to see a company acknowledge thier mistakes and demonstrate that they r learning from, and moving past them.

10. Mr. BG
    Marshmallow Dec 29, 2016

Mr. BG , Dec 29, 2016 :
    Well, maybe... Acknowledgment yes, up to some point.

But so far there has been zero response or effort on making up for those mistakes. Thus alienating a lot of early supporters, and infuriating them. By stating "they are so much appreciated" but at the same time completely ignore those valued members

So far they haven't done jack to solve even basic problems like camera focussing problems and bad video on both OP2 and OPX. Not being able to solve this respectively 17 and 14 months after introduction of those handsets and totally ignoring that is shameful really.

Never Settle, remember @Carl?

11. Tobikage
    Nougat Dec 29, 2016

Tobikage , Dec 29, 2016 :
    Was the lack of updates Qualcomm's fault ?

Was the lack of attention to OTA releases and prior testing Qualcomm's fault ?

Was it Qualcomm's fault OnePlus didn't bother providing security patches since 4 months ?

Was it Qualcomm's fault the 2 is running a buggy OS ?

Puhleeze.....OnePlus / Carl "acknowledging" their mistakes gives them no excuse not to fix what's their responsibility to get the phone to a usable state without any stupid bugs....so they haven't really learned anything from the experience. They can claim they learned something from their mistakes after they do something right to fix those mistakes.

12. Tobikage
    Nougat Dec 29, 2016

13. Mr. BG
    Marshmallow Dec 29, 2016

Mr. BG , Dec 29, 2016 :
    I know, and I don't give a hoot :D

Tobikage and theshinybeast like this.
  14. Tobikage
    Nougat Dec 29, 2016

Tobikage , Dec 29, 2016 :
    Not you.....Him....the one who keeps making these threads....that guy...the one who doesn't care. :rolleyes:

Mr. BG and theshinybeast like this.
  15. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Dec 29, 2016

16. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Dec 29, 2016

Mr. BG likes this.
  17. asdsqr12
    Cupcake Dec 29, 2016

asdsqr12 , Dec 29, 2016 :
    Hola,
    Si no estoy equivocado, leí en el foro General, en el hilo de compra on line que lo que iban a hacer en cuanto a puntos de distribución, es tener un almacén en cada continente.
    En cuanto al stock del terminal una vez presentado, yo creo que será casi inmediato, de ahí que hicieran el comentario que tenían pensado hacer algo mejor que una pre orden..... ¿Y que hay mejor que una pre orden?... pues comprarlo directamente...

18. Mr. BG
    Marshmallow Dec 29, 2016

Mr. BG , Dec 29, 2016 :
    I have no idea who you're on about... @Mike?

Sowwy...

theshinybeast likes this.
  19. Lawrence Gan
    Cupcake Dec 29, 2016

Lawrence Gan , Dec 29, 2016 :
    Dear Carl,
    Recently purchased 3T, to be honest, the phone feels amazing and solid. It is very difficult to believe that a start-up company can bring us such a high quality device and more importantly, it keeps getting better. Thank you and all OnePlus team for the hard work, happy holiday!

20. ebadillo
    Honeycomb Dec 29, 2016

ebadillo , Dec 29, 2016 :
    Not to mention that latest update for the 2 deleted IMEI's when users had to go back to a previous version due to constant signal drops.

Not like the update was rushed due to the response in here nor anything...