Other Decryption Mode (latest update of) Android Oreo?

1. nickyo
    Cupcake Dec 20, 2017

nickyo , Dec 20, 2017 :
    Let me preface that i've been experiencing issues lately and this might just be from internal/external damage.

Running latest update from Android 8.1 Oreo for OnePlus 3
    My phone was charging and I looked back 5 minutes later and it was in decryption mode. It is a reboot menu, has me type in my passcode and then says "Decrypting...".

Next in English asks the following:

1. Install from Internal Storage

2. Install from ADB

3. Wipe Data and cache

4. Advanced

5. Exit

Not sure what to do with this as i have not been rooting or installing any other new OS lately. I've unplugged it and it tries the same reboot. Any info or advice is appreciated.

2. nickyo
    Cupcake Dec 20, 2017

nickyo , Dec 20, 2017 :
    After some Google searches, could it be in Fastboot mode? My volume down button became stuck pushed down a couple days ago. It got worse today and could possibly be constantly pushing down now. Trying to get it unstuck now.

Any info/advice would still be appreciated.

3. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Dec 21, 2017

Best Answer
    G_plusone , Dec 21, 2017 :
    If the volume button is locked you might not be able to boot to use the phone since you would go to recovery anyway
    Try repairing the volume button

nickyo likes this.
  4. nickyo
    Cupcake Dec 24, 2017

nickyo , Dec 24, 2017 :
    Thank you, it was this problem. I took my phone apart that afternoon and fixed it as best as I could. Definitely a temporary fix but it worked and got the phone to turn on which was all I needed to remove everything I wanted. :')

G_plusone likes this.