Deep Dive: 120 Hz Fluid Display – the best you’ll lay eyes on in 2020

1. Alex_Cerv
    Froyo Jan 15, 2020

Alex_Cerv , Jan 15, 2020 :
    i do not understand your point really.... you do not like OP? then please switch to another brand, buy a battery eating ugly punch hole Samsung then(i had it from S2 to S9+, very good devices but end of that days)
    Being here critisizing OP innovation:
    - OnePlus Concept One, electrochromatic glass first in the world , useful? seems so ...to discover
    - 120 hz Display (Samsung is not able to keep that RR on WQHD+ due to battery draining... auto switch to 60 hz )

Again please if you have some contributive words, well accepted, otherwise Samsung lovers thread waiting you(they love haters..joking:):):))

Each brand try to build innovations, some are able, some got useless things, that is why you are free to choose which brand may satisfy your expectation, you have time and right to do that

Personally i can say OP is magnificent, some software "missing feature" and small bugs.... nothing to say for my phone experience.

rabineldhojohn likes this.

2. GeNiUs5
    Gingerbread Jan 15, 2020

K1574792662717 likes this.
  3. K1574792662717
    Cupcake Jan 15, 2020

4. Scherpenseel
    KitKat Jan 15, 2020

Ramu Yandra likes this.
  5. rabineldhojohn , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jan 15, 2020 :
    my friend, I did not completely understand your comment. Yes, I know that One Plus procures the display from Samsung but samsung's own customers are fooled. even in S11 (s20), the phone won't get 120Hz in QHD resolution. Also, Oxygen OS is way better than the clunky mess of One UI.

brother, read my question properly. it's not about just 120 or 144 Hz. my question is, which phone display has all the below combinations?

* AMOLED SCREEN
    * 120 Hz Refresh Rate that can run at QHD resolution
    * 240 Hz Touch Sampling Rate
    * True 10 bit Display

And friend, I have used Samsung Flagships for the past 4 years plus. I have pre-ordered every single year, have used both s series and note series. the last Samsung flagship I used was Note 9 after which I changed to One Plus 7 Pro. Do you know how much I paid for Note 9? 1480 USD. And I only paid 850 USD Zfor One Plus 7 Pro (12/256gb) which has UFS 3.0 (made by samsung), 90 Hz AMOLED QHD screen (made by Samsung)...but they were not available in even Note 10. How pathetic. And in my experience of using Samsung Flagships, I have had to reset them at least once in every 4 months to get consistent performance. Samsung is just cheating it's customers using it's brand name.

Alex_Cerv likes this.
  6. awder_omer
    Cupcake Jan 15, 2020

7. imabhilash
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 15, 2020

imabhilash , Jan 15, 2020 :
    Ohh !! I will definitely buy this phone. Can't wait.

Thanks!

8. pirata_1985
    Nougat Jan 15, 2020

9. TopHappyMe
    Froyo Jan 15, 2020

TopHappyMe , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Jan 15, 2020 :
    Sounds fantastic Pete, but there are still aspects of the UI that haven't improved in terms of smoothness with the introduction of the 90Hz display so I can't imagine upping it a further 30Hz will help? For example, why isn't the motion of moving from card to card in Recents silky smooth at all times?

It's not entirely your fault as I've said this about Android before many a time - it's broken at its very core when it comes to consistently smooth animation across the board. It's been a stuttering mess since day one and while with each spec bump it's got better, it absolutely blows my mind that a phone like the OnePlus 7T Pro still sees significant drops in framerate when moving around the OS.

THE MIND BOGGLES.

Sheppards likes this.
  10. mrmcphisto
    Cupcake Jan 15, 2020

Federico Prencipe likes this.
  11. Tommi Boom
    Cupcake Jan 15, 2020

12. max0x7ba
    Donut Jan 15, 2020

max0x7ba , Jan 15, 2020 :
    I hope it has a pop-up camera. Cut outs, notches, bezels aren't good enough for me.

13. Federico Prencipe
    Gingerbread Jan 15, 2020

Federico Prencipe , Jan 15, 2020 :
    Fine but what about battery life? Now a lot of OnePlus are already facing battery life issues, specially after Andorid 10 update. If you will raise the refresh rate to 120Hz it will drain more battery...furthermore a lot of people are just using their 7 Pro set to 60Hz because of battery draining but not only.

14. Federico Prencipe
    Gingerbread Jan 15, 2020

Federico Prencipe , Jan 15, 2020 :
    No it won't. It will have a hole display, like the S10, it's a big drawback imo, a huge drowback...

15. _Shafi_
    Eclair Jan 15, 2020

16. rhk22463
    Froyo Jan 15, 2020

rhk22463 , Jan 15, 2020 :
    It again sounds impressive but I can't judge whether it will blow me away until I see it in real life. It still use the ancient OP3 and this device still is fast enough and has all the features I wanted then and still want now: Clean OS, no glass back, easy to handle length and width, fast charging, 3.5mm jack and slider at the side. Quite frankly I'm more interested to learn whether these will come (back) in the new OP8 series, preferably at a reasonable price. If not... I will hold on to my ancient OP3 device as OP is now at a price range I can't afford and it lacks some features I want and/or need.

17. Wonderwoman13 likes this.
  18. pdcmoreira
    Cupcake Jan 15, 2020

pdcmoreira , Jan 15, 2020 :
    I'm still a fan of OnePlus, I bought the 6T for my wife the same hour it came out, but this time, for me, I went with a Galaxy S10e.
    I was looking at the 7T and 7T Pro, but they're just too big! 6.55" is just too much for me. I always carry my phone in my pocket (unlike my wife which carries it in her purse), so anything above 6" really starts to change my leg's movement.
    I just love the more compact form factor of the S10e and I feel like I still have an high-end phone.
    Another thing that bugs me in OnePlus phones is the lack of the headphone jack. I'm kind of an entry-level audiophile and I use my phone a lot to listen to music, so bluetooth headphones are just not good enough (and it's another thing I have to charge). I could use one of those jack-and-charging adapters, but I doubt their quality and that's an extra thing that I need to carry around, just because a manufacturer wants to save a couple bucks on an headphone jack. My S10e does not only have an headphone jack, but its quality is phenomenal! And it comes with a very decent AKG pair of in-ear phones, which are good for the times when I forget my main ones.
    Camera is very good, it has an IP68 water resistance which is a bonus and it ends the day with around 40% battery left, which is more than enough. Construction quality is absolutely perfect, unlike the 7T.
    I just don't like the punchole thing too much, but I got used to it.
    Overall, I found an almost perfect phone for my needs for a much cheaper price (500€) against the 700€ of the 7T.

Sorry for this little rant, but if I'm taking the time to write this is because I want to give my feedback to OnePlus and I know that they listen to the community.

James 007 likes this.
  19. James 007
    Froyo Jan 15, 2020