Deep Dive: 120 Hz Fluid Display – the best you’ll lay eyes on in 2020

1. rabineldhojohn , via OnePlus 7 Pro Nebula Blue , Jan 15, 2020 :

R1573858333335

I am sure that choice will be given. But considering the fact that Op8Pro is most probably going to come with 50W charging coupled with 4500 mAhams the fact that general civilazation don't live in the jungle, I think one can afford to use the 120 Hz screen. Just my personal preference.​

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020

2. sayeedm789
    Froyo Jan 15, 2020

rabineldhojohn likes this.
  3. malidan
    Marshmallow Jan 15, 2020

malidan , Jan 15, 2020 :
    Pay attentiin to the date

Screenshot_20200115_235259.jpg

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
    Live examples seen last year too.
    Patents filed by Xiaomi.
    I've not heard of OP filing a Patent, have you?
    It must be innovation after the fact. :rolleyes:

4. rabineldhojohn , via OnePlus 7 Pro Nebula Blue , Jan 16, 2020 :
    Dude. Nobody is counting who files what patents. What matters is, since we are talking about display tech of samsung and op, that S11 (s20) is not going to support 120 Hz at QHD and I am sure that touch sampling rate will not be even 120hz but Op8Pro is going to come with 120 Hz at QHD w/ touch sample rate of 240 Hz. so that sucks for Samsung customers.

And FYI, BBK group owns One Plus, RealMe, Vivo and Oppo.

5. malidan
    Marshmallow Jan 16, 2020

malidan , Jan 16, 2020 :
    Dude you are a joke I didn't say you said anything other than this
    It is quite clear what you are tyring to Imply as you said this after I said :
    NO 90HZ CONTENT THEN IT'S 60 HZ.

You have said nothing based on fact so who are you calling dumb?
    Hacks don't count, so stop trying to fool people with what you heard.

There have been several test with the device set to 60 and 90 and the people who took part saw Nothing.
    Just you remember you are talking to someone who already has a 120hz/240 Hz screen. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

6. malidan
    Marshmallow Jan 16, 2020

malidan , Jan 16, 2020 :
    Do you have some proof of either or are you offering more opinion. :rolleyes:

I haven't seen any proof of either as yet just speculation, the same speculation that led to half of the specs they said first up being wrong.

Screenshot_20200115_184917_com.sec.android.app.sbrowser.jpg
    Its very hard to say what's going on from that.;)

Oh there is no OP tech it's Samsungs and OP have to pay for it. :tearsofjoy:

7. rabineldhojohn , via OnePlus 7 Pro Nebula Blue , Jan 16, 2020 :
    I am sure that S11 (s20) will not support 120 Hz at QHD resolution. And in no way will have touch sample rate of even 120 Hz.

8. rabineldhojohn , via OnePlus 7 Pro Nebula Blue , Jan 16, 2020 :
    And why doesn't hack count? The line hack is pretty simple and can be followed by anybody who can follow simple instructions (doesn't even require root)

9. malidan
    Marshmallow Jan 16, 2020

malidan , Jan 16, 2020 :
    1ab4dc0a2ad81503f2f3e79e043c5645.gif

10. malidan
    Marshmallow Jan 16, 2020

malidan , Jan 16, 2020 :

11. dream.er
    Gingerbread Jan 16, 2020

12. rabineldhojohn , via OnePlus 7 Pro Nebula Blue , Jan 16, 2020 :
    exactly my point. it is samsung's tech. I don't deny it. But as I earlier said, Samsung is giving the vets to it's neighbor's kids and ignoring its own kids.

Tell me why is it that the cheaper Op7Pro had UFS 3.0 (made by Samsung) and 90hz AMOLED display working at QHD resolution (made by Samsung) but not the expensive S10 plus? That was Samsung's decision to manipulate S10 and note 10 owners to give an incentive for upgrade for their 2020 Flagships. It's a shitty business practise which purposefully holds back implementations of their own innovations in their own devices which affects their loyal customers.

And of course, there will be videos which show how smooth the screen of S11(s20) will be because it's going to be a huge jump from 30 fps to 120 fps interface and Samsung fans will all be very happy and will be provided with enough incentive to upgrade their 2019 Flagships to 2020 Flagships.

I agree that visual differences are almost negligible between 90hz and 120hz unless in the case of competitive games on PC, but regardless, the tech is going to come on Op8Pro with better specs than S11 (s20) even though it's all made by Samsung.

And why don't you talk about their exynos and Snapdragon shit all priced same?

dream.er likes this.
  13. malidan
    Marshmallow Jan 16, 2020

malidan , Jan 16, 2020 :
    A production delay meant the UFS 3.0 that runs faster in the Note 10 was not ready in time for the S10. And the dude said get some knowledge. :tearsofjoy:

The leading brands where not interested in 90Hz only BBK, Nubia and GOOGLE used it.
    Asus had it in 2018. So they were not interested.
    Razer had 120hz 2 years before
    Sony 2 years also
    And Sharp 2 years before that.
    So why would Samsung want the leading Android flagship to go backwards in screen tech? 90hz was a gimmick.
    And the dude said get some knowledge. :tearsofjoy:

Exynos had 8K video turned off last year
    Exynos had 960 fps turned off in 2016
    Wow they are a shit socs.
    Samsung still fabricate the SD soc and have done since the disaster of the SD 805,808,810. When SD tried to go it alone, when that deal finishes let's see what happens.
    And the Dude said get some Knowledge.

Samsung are running things mate they drive the market.
    Did I tell you that the S105G hammered your OP7 Pro by 12 seconds on Speed test G ( oh yes I did, but it's a good for another laugh it kills you) worth every penny bud and technogically way ahead of the OP's that had ghost touches and dislcoloured screens at virtually the same price when released. ;)

There is an order of things and one disgruntled fanboys won't change that.
    Haven't you read about the winds of change that will be seeing more OEM's using the Exynos, Kirin and Mteks. Why because they are cheaper. Xiaomi have renewed development of the Surge also.
    And the dude said get some knowledge.

The OP8 will have better specs than the leading selling Android flagship, are you offering your opinion again? It's going to need alot more than the screen bud, you will be hard pushed to find a few right minded people who will agree with you.

Have you finished ranting now or do you still need educating.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020

14. rabineldhojohn , via OnePlus 7 Pro Nebula Blue , Jan 16, 2020 :
    Asus, Razor, Sony and sharp did not have 120 Hz on AMOLED. Even their later and current AMOLED models don't support 120 Hz AMOLED at QHD resolution, by choice or not.

Yes, I know Samsung is involved in fabrication for snapdragon but the the architectural design is unique to Qualcomm. And yes, Samsung has done wonders in pushing innovations, especially the EUV process which is going to step up the game for chipmakers.

But all this doesn't make up for the fact that Samsung does shitty business practices by impeding or delaying implementations of their own innovations in their own devices for their own customers.

We will further continue this conversation when the S11(20) is released and you will see that it will not have 120 Hz at QHD with touch sample rate of even 120hz. Then we will talk. At that point, I hope you wouldn't say stuff like 120 Hz at QHD was not perfected at that time, hence the reason for not implementing.

15. rabineldhojohn , via OnePlus 7 Pro Nebula Blue , Jan 16, 2020 :
    I don't deny the speed test. But there is no consistency in the performance. Samsung lags after 3 months of heavy usage. This is a fact. Consistency is what matters. And there are thermal throttling issues, especially with exynos.

16. Swatiranjan
    Donut Jan 16, 2020

Swatiranjan , Jan 16, 2020 :
    Looks awesome. 90 Hz itself is a eye delighter. 120 Hz is smoother. Good improvement in display segment. Need to focus more on Camera quality (Pixel's single camera or iPhone 11's dual are better than ours 📸)

17. rabineldhojohn , via OnePlus 7 Pro Nebula Blue , Jan 16, 2020 :
    I agree, camera quality should be focused on.

18. malidan
    Marshmallow Jan 16, 2020

malidan , Jan 16, 2020 :
    They were supposed to be tied last year, but as always come the end of the year everyone said Samaung was the best and that was without 90hz.
    Nothing will change, I mean they do make the things. ;)

dream.er likes this.
  19. riffraff81
    KitKat Jan 16, 2020

riffraff81 , Jan 16, 2020 :
    In fairness, Samsung makes most of its money selling components. Smartphone hardware sales doesn't even make up a significant part of their revenue.

20. J1577361747871
    Cupcake Jan 16, 2020