Deep Dive: 120 Hz Fluid Display – the best you’ll lay eyes on in 2020

1. D1557608487555
    Cupcake Jan 16, 2020

2. dream.er
    Gingerbread Jan 16, 2020

3. mdonnelly1127
    Eclair Jan 16, 2020

mdonnelly1127 , via OnePlus 7T , Jan 16, 2020 :
    Does anyone know for certain that the OP8 or Pro (whatever they're going to call it) will run 120hz at WQHD? Or is it going to be like Samsung and knock it down to FHD?

4. debapratim8652
    Froyo Jan 16, 2020

5. Sandy9678
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 16, 2020

Sandy9678 , via OnePlus 7 , Jan 16, 2020 :
    Lol.. now you sounding like a kid bro.

6. T1574130559694
    Cupcake Jan 16, 2020

7. T1574130559694
    Cupcake Jan 16, 2020

8. A1559734472994 , via OnePlus 7 Pro Mirror Gray , Jan 16, 2020 :
    your 90hz display not working as expected so many time touch sync mismatched... ghost touch fantom touch sometime touch not respond... first solve this issue in oneplus 7 pro... taking logs from mobile and giving advice to do factory reset won't work.. frustrating people

Sandy9678 likes this.
  9. Vinayak Agarwal
    Cupcake Jan 16, 2020

Vinayak Agarwal , via OnePlus 5 , Jan 16, 2020 :
    Can't Wait, Thought Of Ordering The 7T Pro McLaren Edition Today, When it went out of stock and made me sad.
    This news made me happier now[e]2764[/e]️[e]2764[/e]️

10. A1559734472994 , via OnePlus 7 Pro Mirror Gray , Jan 16, 2020 :
    wait till feedback after mobile launch new innovation come with lots of bug

Vinayak Agarwal likes this.
  11. Alex_Cerv
    Gingerbread Jan 16, 2020

Alex_Cerv , Jan 16, 2020 :
    Educating from whom? YOU?
    Someone that says ADB is a hack? Adb is part from android studio and used from app developers to perform tasks PS/phone
    Apktool is a hack
    And no, Dark mode is not original Android UI color, which was a dark blue background(Device.Default framework theme) Dark mode is just a simply way of theming all shitty white UI style to pure black(FF000000) Amoled screens will make a difference with dark blue and black
    Actually dark mode/night mode uses a black or dark gray
    You does not even read well English, where you transform from your likings

Samsung and OnePlus Cooperation

Oneplus have to pay to Samsung

Cooperation may be even last, but enlighting it is just nonsense, who cares then? nor Samsung neither Oneplus is saying one is buying tech from others, and if so Samsung have all interests to say this

You act as a teacher or very important genious here.... well you are just nothing

I am just asking why you buyed OP then?, if you still own one so you give money to OP, you will not make OP change its strategy and noone will ask you suggestions for buying a phone.

WE are just friendly discussing, you are flaming in fact as you provoked reactions to more users!!

Yes in fact we are all dumbs that cannot bare the facts.... ups.....

we will wait your new lesson...but this time noone will reply you....

nice going

rabineldhojohn likes this.
  12. ramkiponnam
    Cupcake Jan 16, 2020

13. Jayantbidhuri
    Cupcake Jan 16, 2020

14. Sheppards
    Honeycomb Jan 16, 2020

Sheppards , Jan 16, 2020 :
    Telegram, Facebook lite, google chrome , opera touch, outlook, 9gag, blackplayer. these are apps I use on a daily basis, they use 90hz refresh rate.

these all "support" 90 hz screens. As in support they don't have a 60 fps frame limiter.

for example in 9gag and facebook you DO a lot of scrolling to be honest.

Better example: try switching between apps an 60hz. The ghosting and jittery screen refresh is really noticeable

I had to stop using Microsoft edge just because it was locked at 60 fps.

For me it's really noticeable

rabineldhojohn and Alex_Cerv like this.
  15. malidan
    Marshmallow Jan 16, 2020

malidan , Jan 16, 2020 :
    Noticeable on the OP you mean, and only when you throw the browser or fast scroll. Other than that not so
    How can you notice on telegram and wasn't Chrome capped at 60 60hz? I don't use it.
    But I remember the Tech jockey proving placebo when 80+% of owners in his poll said they saw a difference at 90hz when chrome was capped at 60hz, because he said it was at 90hz.:confused:

16. Sheppards
    Honeycomb Jan 16, 2020

Sheppards , Jan 16, 2020 :
    Chrome is 90hz enabled. It does make sense, since the google pixel is running on 90hz too, so their base browser is capable too.

You know I was using Microsoft edge to browse. so I've been using the phone, just the ui, telegram, facebook which was fine, running flawlessly, but then I switched to edge, and it felt choppy. Couldn't explain... then I checked chrome... It was at that point I noticed that edge most likely isn't running at 90fps... I googled it, and then I got to know not all apps support the 90hz refresh.

Also, if you switch to 60hz and check your apps and there's a difference, then yes it's not capped at 60fps.

Dude, try chrome or opera touch! they're both 90hz, and other 60 fps browsers can't compete

17. bkeaver , via OnePlus Community App , Jan 16, 2020 :

harshil1903

While 120 Hz sounds cool, but I'd settle for 90 Hz refresh rate and less priced device compared to 120 Hz one.

Like Pete said most of the video content is produced in 60fps at best, so the 120 Hz screen has no impact on it.

About gaming, I read somewhere that SD 865 would support 90 Hz refresh rate for higher graphic demanding games like PUBG and other FPS. So 120 Hz would prove nothing but a source for battery drain.

And about other apps being able to use 120 Hz refresh rate, the current 90 Hz is already smooth enough and I don't think there'll be any large improvement in smoothness that can be perceived by our eyes.

That being said, this is just what my opinion on 120Hz display is about. It's cool yeah, but do we need it? I don't think so. I'd settle for longer battery life with just smooth enough display of 90 Hz.​

To answer your question of "Do we need it" , I will remind you when OnePlus started putting 6GB of ram everyone asked that same question. Now look at almost every phone and their ram capacity. This same question has been asked about almost every improvement to tech over the past several decades. I would say right now, no but in a year maybe, in the next 2 year more probably than maybe. Once the tech is available to use them the content will start being put out to use it. It's a necessary step....

rabineldhojohn likes this.
  18. bobsta
    Froyo Jan 16, 2020

bobsta , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Jan 16, 2020 :
    Don't mean to be negative but shouldn't OnePlus be concentrating in sorting out the issues with the 7 and 7T series phones first? Just saying....

19. The Mastermind
    Eclair Jan 16, 2020

aimStraight and bobsta like this.
  20. aimStraight
    Cupcake Jan 16, 2020

aimStraight , Jan 16, 2020 :
    Looks really good but oneplus goes for the hole-punch design, I'll have to give it a miss. I went from Samsung 10 to oneplus 7 pro because of the unsightly hole punch.

Alex_Cerv and Secondbushome like this.