Deep Dive: Exploring the performance of a true flagship hardware setup

1. realsherban
    Eclair Mar 31, 2020

realsherban , Mar 31, 2020 :
    Not everything is about megapixels, the 48 MP sensor IMX 689 is one of the best, topping Samsung’s 108 MPs in some instances. Let’s see the actual photo quality and how the algorithms have improved

cdnfarmer, Abhi Dahiya and Chinda like this.
  2. Aditya Vardhan Gundla
    Gingerbread Mar 31, 2020

3. J1579018029223
    Eclair Mar 31, 2020

4. AYYAPUSETTY JEEVAN KUMAR
    Gingerbread Mar 31, 2020

5. Alex_Cerv
    Gingerbread Mar 31, 2020

Alex_Cerv , Mar 31, 2020 :
    i hate to be negative, but some overrated fans not realists annoys me, sorry
    5G is still too early, not useless, yes useless nowadays where 5G coverage area is ridiculous, expensive and battery hungry...let's see how a 5G phone will behave on full usage on 4G only

Correct question is what less we have?
    7Pro, 7TPro has ufs 3.0, where is UFS 3.1?
    we lost popup camera and full screen experience(big step back)
    7Pro, 7TPro has 48mpx camera, other brands 64 at least

PS wireless charging and IP 68 are not upgrades, just showboating features

Simply is not a valid upgrade for 7/7t series users, this are facts.

I am MORE than happy with my 7 Pro....do not feel excited with this 8 update simply, above is why, so do not judge...just think

Legendchris99 and gauthamdurai like this.
  6. Alex_Cerv
    Gingerbread Mar 31, 2020

Alex_Cerv , Mar 31, 2020 :
    this may be a VALID point!!
    But the algorithm must be improved on 7 series too, then compared with 8 may not lead to such a big difference

7. gurtek007
    Froyo Mar 31, 2020

8. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Mar 31, 2020

Cheetosdust , Mar 31, 2020 :
    I think all arguments are valid when it comes to make our own decision - the customers/fans will always have the "right" to validate - or not - the newest features with their wallet.

Personally, I do feel it's less and less enticing to upgrade our devices every single year, unless you can actually find a great buyer for your current device.

This is not something exclusive to OnePlus devices, obviously - Apple, Samsung, even Google are seeing this, among other companies. The more expensive and complete a device is, the less the customer will feel the need to upgrade.

For me, I don't judge who buys two devices per year or who buys one device each decade. As long as you are happy and satisfied with what you are using, it will always be your money. :)

9. pzkrolik
    Eclair Mar 31, 2020

10. realsherban
    Eclair Mar 31, 2020

Yes, it depends on the buyer persona. I am long time iPhone user and have used Android in the past, when the OS was still incipient and I would get app quits errors 5 times per day. I used a 7T Pro recently and read about OxygenOS and simply can’t go back to an iPhone now. Oneplus 8 Pro will be my daily driver and for me it looks out of this world. Then again there are iPhone users who will buy the same incremental Apple device every year. So perspectives...

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020

Helder_DAlmeida likes this.
  11. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Mar 31, 2020

Cheetosdust , Mar 31, 2020 :
    I never owned a OnePlus 7T but I'm using a OnePlus 7 Pro and quite happy with it. :cool:

Great to read you are going to buy a OnePlus 8 Pro, I can't wait to know more about the device myself. After you buy the device, do you plan to keep using it for how long? ;)

Helder_DAlmeida and cdnfarmer like this.
  12. Techfan67
    Cupcake Mar 31, 2020

13. realsherban
    Eclair Mar 31, 2020

At least a year, probably two. I really like the McLaren models though, so if OP releases a cool one in November I might just go for it. Agreed though, the lifespan of a phone is around 2+ years now or even longer. I am still using a iPhone X with no performance penalties, no new iPhone model looks appealing to me. At least Android phones keep switching things up.

14. realsherban
    Eclair Mar 31, 2020

I agree they could have gone for UFS 3.1, but with Turbo Write and Host Performance Booster they may come close to it. For reference, the new features in UFS 3.1 are called Write Booster and Host Performance Booster - similar? Also, the speed improvements 3.1 vs 3.0 were < 20% (theoretical) anyway, so no reasons to worry there. Really excited about wireless charging since I use that exclusively now (iPhone 7.5 Watt vs OP 30 Watt will be a big upgrade)

Techfan67 likes this.
  15. Ashutoshjeenu
    Donut Mar 31, 2020

Ashutoshjeenu , via OnePlus 7T , Mar 31, 2020 :
    Really Eagerness is justified for every launch of ONEPLUS smartphones so also this time
    Just waiting for the newest and latest flagship to be brought to this planet so as we can experience the speed that everyone needs in Life
    Never Settle !

16. Techfan67
    Cupcake Mar 31, 2020

Techfan67 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Mar 31, 2020 :
    thanks for your quick reply. and what about the notch in the screen

17. realsherban
    Eclair Mar 31, 2020

Expect at least Oppo Find X2 Pro camera scores, since they share 2 sensor models. Also Oneplus 8 Pro has one additional camera.

Abhi Dahiya likes this.
  18. realsherban
    Eclair Mar 31, 2020

If yoy mean the punch-hole camera, they needed to do that for the IP68 rating, which is a highly requested feature. I honestly don’t mind it (I use an iPhone X with a big-*** notch), also in landscape mode you won’t even see it. They are preparing for an under-the-screen camera and that’s a necessary step.

Vishal2010r and Techfan67 like this.
  19. Vishal2010r
    Froyo Mar 31, 2020

realsherban likes this.
  20. airiartev
    Jelly Bean Mar 31, 2020

airiartev , Mar 31, 2020 :
    @Pete Hello, could you tell us if there is any improvement in the screen latency? The latency on my OP6 is quite noticeably, specially using the keyboard.