Deep Dive | Meet OnePlus 9 Pro's IMX789 Sensor

1. Rcoupe_XBM
    Gingerbread Apr 18, 2021

Rcoupe_XBM , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Apr 18, 2021 :
    I do agree. Telephoto and selfie cameras are old... But probably if OnePlus will fix this, they will rise price again. At this point if I do not see something amazing my money will go to confirmed safe choose Samsung. Right now I'm happy whith what's you get for money. Specialy great screen, OS and included fast charger.

2. yash00012
    Honeycomb Apr 18, 2021

3. lukas.dvorok
    Honeycomb Apr 18, 2021

lukas.dvorok , Apr 18, 2021 :
    Oneplus 9 PRO is selling for 919 EUR. For me personally if I am already paying that much money, it does not matter it I pay 919 or 999 EUR. Just give me best of everything. I am pretty sure that for some people 80 EUR is a lot. But not for me, considering I am already spending 920 EUR. As I said before it would be nice to have Oneplus 9 Ultra, that will sell for 999 EUR, but instead of that tiny old telephoto camera it will use 48MP+ 1/2.0+ inch periscope similar or better than one from MI 10 Ultra / MI 11 Ultra. Plus new better selfie camera would record 4K60 to match Samsung and Huawei flagships. Oneplus would have at least something in their hands to answer competitors offerings like S21 ultra, Mate 40 PRO+, MI 11 Ultra. Just my opinion.

SachinTS, script and Rcoupe_XBM like this.
  4. Rcoupe_XBM
    Gingerbread Apr 18, 2021

Agree [e]1f44d[/e]. but if the price with updates (better camera system, and other stuff) will be 1200€ I will take S21 ultra. For now OnePlus is cheaper flagship [e]1f601[/e]

lukas.dvorok likes this.
  5. Rcoupe_XBM
    Gingerbread Apr 18, 2021

6. lukas.dvorok
    Honeycomb Apr 18, 2021

Yes, that's why I wrote 999 EUR. Oneplus still needs to somehow be much better than competition in order to succeed. Price is one of the options, since OnePlus is new kid in flagship block and it does not have that established user base and brand image. Also OnePlus needs to keep in mind that with current release schedule OnePlus phones come after Samsung S series, which means that when Oneplus series goes on sale, Samsung S series are already discounted quite a bit.

script likes this.
  7. lukas.dvorok
    Honeycomb Apr 18, 2021

Whole rear camera module for MI 10 Ultra costs 34 EUR. So assuming just telephoto camera alone costs 20 EUR and better selfie camera 10 EUR more. That would still leave whole 50 EUR for some other improvements! You name it... If final price of OnePlus 9 Ultra would be 999 EUR.

script and Rcoupe_XBM like this.
  8. Rcoupe_XBM
    Gingerbread Apr 18, 2021

lukas.dvorok likes this.
  9. SachinTS
    Honeycomb Apr 18, 2021

SachinTS , via OnePlus Community App , Apr 18, 2021 :
    No that's not the Only thing
    1 No OIS 👎🏽
    2 NO 15 Watts wireless Charging For INDIAN customers and why? Are we not paying the actual MONEY👎🏽
    3 Just Look at the 5G Bands for INDIA only 2 👎🏽

And the most important thing who the hell are you to ORDER me to not to Buy

10. Tokolozi
    Most Original Avatar Apr 18, 2021

Tokolozi , Apr 18, 2021 :
    Did I order? No. Did I suggest? yes.

As for all the points you bring. The indian version is still cheaper than the global one, and has more india specific services (not specifications)

Arjun_Choudhry likes this.
  11. SachinTS
    Honeycomb Apr 18, 2021

We are Getting cheaper model that's the truth not about the price don't bring Money in to it if Money was a problem we can go for another brands not Oneplus its about Love being a OnePlus fanboy since OnePlus 2 its Hurting their Money Making Strategy
    Treating Indian Customers Like Slums

12. O. Priya
    Honeycomb Apr 18, 2021

O. Priya , Apr 18, 2021 :
    Umm... Thanks for the thread Jimmy. But what are seeing is lack of true colours in the OnePlus 9 Pro device. Different from the realistic ones. Why so?

13. Tokolozi

Everything has to do about money, so why should we not bring money into account?

Like I said, yes you get slightly less features on the device itself compared to the international one. But the device also costs less.

While in india you get many OP services for free which simply are not available for international customers. All things need to be accounted. As I said in the very first post, don't like it? --> buy something else.

14. SachinTS
    Honeycomb Apr 18, 2021

simple Problem Solved in the starting if we( Indian) decided to go for another brand Oneplus never been successful like Now .
    (And you continue to defend ) Fanboy 👍🏽

15. Tokolozi

How am I defending them with stating simple facts?
    My latest device I purchased wasn't even a oneplus device.

God... You must be the brightest bulb, if I was truly a fanboy I wouldn't recommend you to buy something else now would I?

Last edited: Apr 18, 2021

northbay5566 likes this.
  16. Abhinav Sargar
    Donut Apr 18, 2021

Abhinav Sargar , Apr 18, 2021 :
    It's 48MP Sony IMX 789 Exmor RS CMOS sensor exclusively used on OnePlus.

There is no 52MP sensor. But there are 56MP sensor, 62MP sensor, 47MP Sensor, 102MP sensor and 151MP sensors.

Want more Information ? See Here-
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exmor

northbay5566 likes this.
  17. A1594884311855
    Cupcake Apr 18, 2021

A1594884311855 , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Apr 18, 2021 :
    I hope the next 2 years we see the true potential of this partnership with actual hardware implementation from Hasselblad not just software. I'm looking forward to 10 pro

northbay5566 likes this.
  18. Rcoupe_XBM
    Gingerbread Apr 18, 2021

Every time we discussed that next OnePlus phone will be better and it will solve bunch of problems.... But as always story is the same... Big hype and then big let down. Oneplus phones somehow by default always miss camera department. Quality and OS is superb, also specs are top notch. Till 9 pro cameras was really behind, but price was also lower then other flagships. Now 9 pro cameras are close!!!! Again, CLOSE!!! There are superb wide-angle camera, great primary camers. Other stuff is miss.... And also great stuff need polishing. Big problem now is how long will OnePlus offer support and updates... As we know they take 1 year less than Samsung phones.

19. Gabbarsingh95
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 18, 2021