Deep Dive: What Makes a Great Gaming Experience?

1. David Y.
    Product Marketing Staff Member May 5, 2020

David Y. , May 5, 2020 :
    DDG_01.png

Hi friends,

David here. I might not get that many chicken dinners, but I still enjoy playing PUBG with my family and friends (or in the occasional Community Game Night). Inspired by some of our community members’ recent sharing, we thought it would be interesting to explore gaming as a topic and how an outstanding gaming experience can be achieved.

A great product is one that serves people’s needs in an unobtrusive way. Today, we want to take a deep dive and reveal the features hidden under the surface that take your mobile gaming experience to the next level.

DDG_02.png

The foundation is, of course, the hardware – a platform that’s powerful enough to flawlessly run all the top mobile games. To achieve this, we worked with our industry partners to deliver a top-notch performance, supported by Snapdragon 865, LPDDR5 RAM, and UFS 3.0. Additionally, we went one step further and equipped our devices with 5G and Wi-Fi 6 combability to make sure the OnePlus 8 Series will always be ready to embrace future gaming scenarios, wherever you are.

0_nMOXfgetOAL5U_yG.jpg

You may see some similarities with a gaming desktop, and rightfully so. Like in a professional gaming rig, you need not only a powerful system, but also high performing display to go along with it. The panel on OnePlus 8 Pro is the most advanced display we have ever created, supporting a high refresh rate of up to 120 Hz, and 240Hz sampling rate to give you a competitive advantage, QHD+ resolution for crisp details, and industry-leading color accuracy.

To ensure an immersive gaming experience, we also equipped the OnePlus 8 series with Dolby Atmos enhanced dual stereo speakers, and haptic vibration, providing you the best vibration feedback for each battle. For those who suffer from battery life-induced anxiety, the OnePlus 8 Pro is equipped with a 4510 mAh battery. And our largest battery ever is coupled with Warp Charge 30T for fast charging.

DDG_03.png

Hardware alone can only take you so far. We also refined OxygenOS to bring you faster and smoother gaming experience. We introduced Game Space, our one-stop solution for everything gaming, where you can enable graphics optimizations, haptic feedback enhancement, and intelligent network management; or you can enable Fnatic mode, supercharging your gaming experience by reducing distractions to an absolute minimum, with an advanced do-not-disturb mode and additional network enhancements.

DDG_04.png

We developed our hardware and software hand in hand, guaranteeing they work together as a solid platform, and now we are ready to embrace stunning and immersive gaming content worldwide. By working with key partners in the gaming industry, we'll take your gaming experience to a new level. With our friends at Supercell, we are excited to announce that we unlocked 120FPS/90FPS on Brawl Stars. By partnering with Google Stadia, Stadia gameplay is now available on OnePlus 8 Series, so users can enjoy a selection of blockbuster video games like DOOM Eternal on their phone. We can't wait to share more good news in the following weeks.

We believe that a premium flagship should support you in any task you want to perform, not just a specific scenario, but, by combining the best hardware available with a series of carefully-thought software improvements, we're sure that you'll excel at any game you choose. We’ve shaped the OnePlus 8 series to be sidekick that empowers your gaming adventure, and now, it's up to you to aim for the high scores.

Enjoy the ride with your friends and family.

Cheers,
    David

2. G1567484686017
    Cupcake May 5, 2020

3. JelleZon
    Lollipop May 5, 2020

JelleZon , May 5, 2020 :
    Don't game on a phone....

4. BeingIncog
    Nougat May 5, 2020

BeingIncog , May 5, 2020 :
    yusss especially while charging upload_2020-5-5_17-58-49.png

AbhiramP, korazon, yashu0069 and 10 others like this.
  5. SJBoss
    Lollipop May 5, 2020

SJBoss , May 5, 2020 :
    The only thing we need right now is better mobile games, as powerful as today's smartphone are Mobile games are still lacking behind to be honest except for a few (Like PUBG mobile etc.)

Mobile game developers need to step up their game. (Pun intended)

6. Batman360
    KitKat May 5, 2020

Batman360 , May 5, 2020 :
    Nice dive David! 🔥 Love how the Fnatic mode boosts the gaming experience.
    P.S. Nice avatar😁

7. JelleZon
    Lollipop May 5, 2020

JelleZon , May 5, 2020 :
    Well
    Just Port the Witcher 3 or Skyrim on Android/iOS :D

If both are running on a Nintendo switch...
    But the question is how to control with only a touchscreen?

korazon, Dhritiman9900, YRJ and 6 others like this.
  8. Liehjan
    Lollipop May 5, 2020

Liehjan , May 5, 2020 :
    Question: What Makes a Great Gaming Experience?
    Answer: RGB periferals :cool:

9. Areebanwar
    Honeycomb May 5, 2020

Areebanwar , May 5, 2020 :
    Don't you think the phone might end up like Igni or the spells from Destruction? :p

27sunnykumar and yashu0069 like this.
  10. Areebanwar
    Honeycomb May 5, 2020

Areebanwar , May 5, 2020 :
    Much appreciated for this insightful post! However, some companies have exclusive "gaming phones" with heatsinks implemented that apparently cool them down. What does the Oneplus 8 have to offer in this regard?

yashu0069 likes this.
  11. BeingIncog
    Nougat May 5, 2020

BeingIncog , May 5, 2020 :
    true...

YRJ and Liehjan like this.
  12. SJBoss
    Lollipop May 5, 2020

SJBoss , May 5, 2020 :
    I'd rather play it on my PC for the 100th time :D
    PUBG mobile is a great example of just that.
    Sure :rolleyes: But hey it's subjective.

13. GuitarHero0179
    Jelly Bean May 5, 2020

GuitarHero0179 , May 5, 2020 :
    Agree, although if I have to choose between no gaming and the occasional phone game I'll choose the phone.

For now I'll stay with PC though ;)

YRJ likes this.
  14. karthik yadawad
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 5, 2020

YRJ likes this.
  15. David Y.
    Product Marketing Staff Member May 5, 2020

David Y. , May 5, 2020 :
    haha you just reminded me of a very interesting fact, we found that many OnePlus users in India and China spend more time in smartphone gaming during the Pandemic, however users in European countries and America are doing the opposite, do you know why?

16. JelleZon
    Lollipop May 5, 2020

JelleZon , May 5, 2020 :
    I'm from Germany and Im also gaming more. But on my PS4.

I've never liked mobile gaming. Small screen, chunky controls, nothing really deep. I really enjoy singleplayer/story games. Exploring, quests, dialogue. RPG Style.

There are no real competitors for that regarding mobile smartphone gaming...

17. the_o2
    User of the Year 2018 May 5, 2020

the_o2 , May 5, 2020 :
    Thanks for the thread David,
    OnePlus is a gaming phone without having a name of Gaming phone and perform better in many cases :cool::cool:

Yes, we miss headphone jack while gaming as well :p

Ok, let's come have a game of PUBG I'm totally free what about you ;);)

18. Swejuggalo
    KitKat May 5, 2020

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro , May 5, 2020 :
    Didn't know that.
    For me the restrictions and people that needed to stay home resulted in longer work hours and more to do. Just started getting back to normal speed at the factory.
    Situations like that could explain some of it. But there must be more factors to it.

Nitin007T, YRJ, David Y. and 2 others like this.

20. MosheG1
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer May 5, 2020

MosheG1 , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , May 5, 2020 :
    personally I haven't had a lot of time off in America, being home all the time means that people expect you to be available and so many are even more busy than before... also India is/was in a much harsher lockdown then America and so they were/are stuck indoors while we can do activities outside for exercise and many businesses are still going on virtually