Deep Dive: Where street-art, tech and Never Settle meet

1. Akis E
    Head of Brand Partnerships Staff Member Apr 9, 2020

Akis E , Apr 9, 2020 :
    Andre forum header.png

Friends,

A big round face with a slightly manic smile winks at pedestrians walking down a grey street in London. Mr. A, as this infamous character is known, easily brightens up any dull urban area. For André Saraiva, creator of Mr. A, the purpose of his art has always been to share a message of love and generosity.
    When the idea to collaborate with André was first raised, we knew that the two brands would match perfectly. It’s clear that André pursues his passions and artistic career with a “Never Settle” attitude, and we were very excited for the opportunity to merge his art with our tech and bring something unique to our community.

Andre's pic.jpg

Born to Portuguese parents, André Saraiva spent his childhood years in Sweden. As a young teen they moved to Paris where he would often spend his free time at the Pompidou museum. Inspired by works from the freethinking artists at the museum, he soon decided to try his hand at street art. Initially this involved tagging road signs all over Paris. Little did he know that this was the first step towards fulfilling his artistic ambitions.

In order to set himself apart, André created Mr. A and started experimenting with a softer color pallet than his counterparts. At the time, street art was new to Europe and most graffiti artists were drawn to large bubble letters in assertive red and yellow tones. With the happy-go-lucky Mr. A and by using pastel colors, especially pink, André’s work became instantly recognizable. His choice in colors reflected his ambition to create art that’s uplifting and something people could relate to. As a result, Mr. A quickly gained popularity, allowing André to solidify his status as an internationally renowned graffiti artist.

But André believed that he still had more to discover through his art. Even though his passion for art took on new forms as he traveled the world, André never stopped painting Mr. A. With over 300,000 Mr. A’s painted on street corners and exhibited in museums, it’s safe to say that André has left his mark on the world.
    André’s creative process is forever changing and evolving. Today, as an artist, creative director and entrepreneur, his work has risen to pop-culture status. With each project he faces new challenges that allow both him and Mr. A to grow and reach new milestones.

To him, art has no final goal other than to have a lasting impact on the viewer. And for this reason André will continue to create art that professes a message of love, peace and passion.

Stay tuned to find out more about this art-collaboration!

2. luigimario
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Apr 9, 2020

3. B.I.T.S.
    User of the Year 2019 Apr 9, 2020

B.I.T.S. , Apr 9, 2020 :
    Not a huge fan of pink, in general, but I'm excited for this! Can't wait to see the results of this collaboration :D

SJBoss, MosheG1, superplus and 8 others like this.
  4. Deactivated User
    Apr 9, 2020

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2020

5. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer Apr 9, 2020

YRJ , Apr 9, 2020 :
    Hello @Akis E ,
    Thanks for introducing André, ngl never heard of him until yesterday when OnePlus posted one of his designs on Twitter!
    I find his creation, Mr. A very compelling. I hope after the 14th you will invite him to share with us his thoughts behind Mr. A

I find his design language, very bold and I cannot wait to see what he has made combining his artistic talents and OnePlus's never settle philosophy!
    I hope to see his works spread across devices and exclusive accessories.

6. Overzee
    The Showcase Reviewer Apr 9, 2020

Overzee , Apr 9, 2020 :
    I bet it will be a Special Edition phone with a limited edition case. Wondering is they will use the papaya orange Alcantara from the McLaren 7T Pro and paint it in soft pink :p.

Trista W., SJBoss, G_plusone and 4 others like this.
  7. Deactivated User
    Apr 9, 2020

8. harshil1903
    Jelly Bean Apr 9, 2020

10. K.o.r.o.u
    Donut Apr 9, 2020

K.o.r.o.u , Apr 9, 2020 :
    I love the pink, I would love to get my hands on similar graffiti One Plus 6 phone cover:blush:

G_plusone likes this.
  11. Vignesh_chandz
    Honeycomb Apr 9, 2020

G_plusone likes this.
  12. Nitin007T
    Gingerbread Apr 9, 2020

Nitin007T , Apr 9, 2020 :
    Mr.A hmm....
    A for Accesories.....hmm
    Definitely some cool designs waiting for us!

G_plusone likes this.

G_plusone likes this.
  14. Prof.ashutosh
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 9, 2020

G_plusone likes this.
  15. Susanne_Nilsson
    Cupcake Apr 9, 2020

G_plusone likes this.
  16. MKT_IRFAN3735
    Jelly Bean Apr 10, 2020

G_plusone likes this.

18. Loverk98
    Gingerbread Apr 10, 2020

G_plusone likes this.
  19. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Apr 11, 2020

G_plusone , Apr 11, 2020 :
    Would be Nice to a Pink Graffiti Special Edition ;)
    I'm sure @Cheetosdust and @superplus would agree :p

P.S You were Right Cheeto

20. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Apr 11, 2020

Cheetosdust , Apr 11, 2020 :
    I do agree and I do love pink - as you can see from my avatar. :rolleyes: :cool:

As for @superplus agreeing, well, I'm pretty sure this is how she sees the leading image on this thread:

Art.png
    "Pink? Pink what? All is see is this amazing orange color and awww, André left the blue hearts as a tribute to my new, cool avatar. Adorbs, André, just adorbs". :D:p

[​IMG]