"Deformities" below top layer of the screen

1. Vincent Ruts Cupcake Nov 19, 2018

Vincent Ruts, Nov 19, 2018 :
    I've noticed shortly after my purchase of the OP6 that I could scratchlike features. But when feeling there was nothing.
    Now owning it for a few months (±3) there's a lot of them and I just now noticed where they come from.
    I just scratched a bit of something dirty off my screen (no excessive force) and noticed it directly made another permanent mark underneath the top layer of my screen.

Is this 'normal' for the OP6 or should I request a repair?

PS: Screen performance does not seem affected, the deformities are only seen under an angle, or clearly when screen is turned off.

2. Sharry7 Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 19, 2018

Sharry7, Nov 19, 2018 :
    Are you sure it's not the screen guard? If yes , then maybe you should go to a nearby oneplus service centre.

3. Vincent Ruts Cupcake Nov 19, 2018

I tried finding a picture of what layer it might be, but all the pictures I see don't show it.
    As I typed this I fiddled with a corner with my nail... and it came loose... did I just figure after 3 months that there's a peelable layer on my screen o_O
    Should I just take it off? I've never had any screen protection before in my life and always taken good care of the few phones I've had.

4. Ashwinkumar989 Honeycomb Nov 19, 2018

Ashwinkumar989, Nov 19, 2018 :
    Can you pls upload some images of the marks I think not lot of people are facing this issue you should visit your nearest one plus service center...

5. Vincent Ruts Cupcake Nov 19, 2018

Hey, thanks for your comment. I think I figured what my perceived problem is. I was not aware that there was a pre-applied screen protector.
    I've now orderee a tempered glass one and I hope that when I peel this pre-apllied one off, that those marks that've been bothering my will come off with it :)

6. Sharry7 Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 19, 2018

Sharry7, Nov 19, 2018 :
    Haha... Still thinking how did you haven't noticed it in the 3 month period.