Delay in security patch update

1. Mr.saify
    Donut Mar 2, 2021

Mr.saify , Mar 2, 2021 :
    Hi All,

How many believe supported devices should recieve security patch updates in timely manner at start of the month? ( around 1st week)
    PS: Please don't post sarcastic responses. This is genuine security concern

N1600095769698 and suraj1595 like this.
  2. camohan
    Moderator Moderator Mar 2, 2021

camohan , Mar 2, 2021 :
    Hi there, you had created a similar thread a few minutes back which you deleted.

I understand your concern about security updates but since you have posted in a public forum, you will get different varieties of replies some may be with you, some may not be in your favour. It is important to have a healthy discussion and accept the reality instead of deleting threads that do not have a favourable response.

Security updates are provided once in two months. You have a February security update patch. You should exercise a basic precaution of not downloading apps outside of play store, should not be using cracked or pirated apps and this will make your phone secured enough.

If by any chance, you indulge in using pirated apps, etc security update are anyways useless.

Please continue to discuss this in this thread now instead of creating a new one again.

drmartin, gaster, ironass and 2 others like this.
  3. Tobikage
    Nougat Mar 2, 2021

Tobikage , Mar 2, 2021 :
    Yes....should be the norm.

But not if you have a phone from a manufacturer that doesn't care.

4. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Mar 2, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Mar 2, 2021 :
    As the 6 series phone is in its 3rd year of support, you will get Bimonthly updates as per the T&Cs and OnePlus Schedule. This is well known information available across the Community Forum and the OnePlus website.

Tee_Eee_Bee and McJader like this.
  5. ironass
    Lollipop Mar 2, 2021

ironass , Mar 2, 2021 :
    I purchased my OnePlus 6T back in 2018, knowing the bi-monthly, (every 2 months), update for Android Security patches that it would receive as per their published schedule.

[​IMG]

As @camohan states, this is perfectly acceptable to me since I tend to stick to Play Store and other trusted sites.

In the 23 stable updates since its release, I have never experienced an issue with security and would not dream of installing an anti-virus app to tax my CPU and drain my battery.

I also own the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra which does receive monthly updates but the February update and Android Security patch for that only arrived on the 19th February, a mere 9 days before the end of the month.

Caomhin and Tee_Eee_Bee like this.