Delayed text messages

1. DTMHAT
    Cupcake Dec 3, 2020

DTMHAT , Dec 3, 2020 :
    I've had the phone about a week and love it, yet yesterday I started to get a 10 min delay when receiving texts. Was on the phone with sorint/t-mobile for a hr and solution was new Sim card... Got new Sim card and still delayed... Any ideas? Everything everything else works like a charm

2. StefanStark
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 4, 2020

3. Rajendra.Bhat
    Jelly Bean Dec 4, 2020

4. andri1305
    Froyo Dec 4, 2020

andri1305 , via OnePlus 8T , Dec 4, 2020 :
    It could be because the message apps are off by battery optimization because you don't use them actively. Try to set the battery optimization for your message app on don't optimize

5. hojsimpson952
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 4, 2020

6. MyraCarlota
    Eclair Dec 6, 2020

MyraCarlota , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Dec 6, 2020 :
    Hello, had the same issue, started dec 3rd. Messages were delayed for 10 mins. I tested my sim card on other phone and theres no issue. So apparently, it was something on my phone. It ended up as an update with the app called 'Carrier services', I uninstalled that app. Issue resolved.

7. BEN_LUVS_CHICAGO , via OnePlus Community App , Dec 6, 2020 :
    I would suggest to reset your network settings then reboot your one plus device, it just might be the settings. I also have the Tmobile version of the OnePlus 8T+ and I have not had this issue but I did have this problem with OnePlus 7 pro and the resetting of the network and rebooting did the trick. i hope that everything works just fine for you. Best wishes.

8. Kint4568
    Froyo Dec 6, 2020

9. rajeevkrishnanv
    Froyo Dec 6, 2020

10. Xcommunicad0
    Gingerbread Dec 6, 2020

11. eastbay , via OnePlus Community App , Dec 6, 2020 :
    Call one plus or technical and Tell them your problem, it could be a reset or a New Sim card. They might Have to work on your server. It could be over loaded with covid everyone is on the phone. This is process of limitations

13. eastbay , via OnePlus Community App , Dec 6, 2020 :
    Wake up, then call your phone provider. And talk to there tech. Department. Sometimes these phone co. Have connectivity problems. Male sure sure you put a New Sim card. Reset your phone, Hard start sometimes. Then call The phone company Tech.

14. montuba
    Donut Dec 7, 2020

montuba , Dec 7, 2020 :
    I am also having this problem. I can't send any text messages and all messages being received are delayed by exactly 10 minutes. Tried clearing data & cache of messaging app, using a different app, resetting network settings and nothing fixes it. I called my carrier (BT) and there are no problems with their network. In the end I tried my sim in a different phone and text messages all work perfectly.
    I need to be able to receive text messages straight away, as I am an emergency responder and we get initial notification by text, so 10 minute delays are not an option. Is there any update on the cause and a fix?

ppaz likes this.
  15. montuba
    Donut Dec 7, 2020

montuba , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Dec 7, 2020 :
    I have been doing some more testing to see if I can find out any further information. I think it is something to do with the time, because if I adjust my phone time to 10 minutes in the future, text messages come straight through. If I then adjust it to being 8 minutes ahead of the real time, the text messages will come through exactly 2 minutes after they were sent.

16. Salty Wagyu
    Froyo Dec 8, 2020

Salty Wagyu , Dec 8, 2020 :
    This might be a stab in the dark but set Google Messages as default app (that's if you use an alternative SMS app) then open Google Messages > Settings > disable chat features.

This feature was the reason my SMS messages weren't arriving (well they were technically, because my Join app notified my desktop PC I got an SMS, but neither Google Messages or Textra was able to intercept it, so they got lost in the ether) . After disabling chat features my SMS messages started to arrive as normal.

Chat features is Google's new RCS, it's some sort of richer SMS service that my network probably doesn't support yet.

17. MarinosXx
    Gingerbread Dec 8, 2020

18. eastbay , via OnePlus Community App , Dec 8, 2020 :
    Montuba, I had The same exact problem to the t. T mobile worked on it. Oneplus technical worked on it. I did everything. Till finally T mobile found out that the server is overloaded. Text were jammed up from a day to 10min. Too not getting anything. I had to be patient till They upgraded the server. New numbers. End result of 2 months another phone and everything is working.. I wonder if it's a one plus server issue I put in more work orders. Know it works.

19. ameilius
    Gingerbread Dec 8, 2020

ameilius , via OnePlus 8 , Dec 8, 2020 :
    I'm almost positive this is a OnePlus beta issue

my OTP and MFA SMS come exactly 10 minutes late

Google fi brought in support from T-Mobile and US Cellular and determined that it was phone related

but unfortunately didn't give me any specifics I'm still waiting for that

antim.mit13 likes this.