Other

Deleted All Partitions. Need help.

1. SohrabHamza Gingerbread Aug 14, 2019

SohrabHamza, Aug 14, 2019 :
    I used fastboot to delete all partitions (boot, recovery, userdata, system) using the command fastboot erase 'partion' . (Sent the phone for repair to a shady dealer (Screen Replacement) and wanted to ensure that they could not install any software on it without me noticing.)

My plan to recover the phone is to flash TWRP, boot to TWRP and restore the boot partition from a previous backup. Then I'll be able to flash a ROM and use the phone normally.

The only thing that bothers me is the possibility that I might not be able to boot into the recovery due to the missing boot partition. Can someone clear it up? I've looked on XDA for someone with the same problem and the only thread that was close was someone who deleted the boot partition and could no longer see their device on adb. (I can see the device listed when I run fastboot devices)

Can I download the boot partition and flash it through fastboot? If so, where can I find the boot partition. (Keep in mind that I have a TWRP backup which has the boot partition but would require me to boot into the recovery in the first place) Also, is there any specific command that I can use to flash the boot partition?

Also, I do not currently have the phone in hand so that I can try the method I listed above. If someone could clarify whether or not the method is working and if not provide an alternative method would be a great help.

Cheers. I'm also gonna post this on reddit.

2. Paschfire KitKat Aug 14, 2019

Paschfire, Aug 14, 2019 :
    Where in the world would you get the idea in your head, that wiping the partition table from your device was a safe harbor?

No, you cannot just simply flash a partition setup back into the device using fastboot.
    If the Unbrick tool doesn't return the device to working order. You've basically just created an expensive paper weight for yourself.

What you've done is not that easily reversed, if it's even fixable using basic fastboot commands. Or even user fixable at all.

3. SohrabHamza Gingerbread Aug 14, 2019

SohrabHamza, Aug 14, 2019 :
    I just found out that I can boot into twrp using fastboot commands. Which means that I can restore my boot partitions.

Plus, the reason I mentioned was not the only one.