Delhi HC stops OnePlus sales!!!

?

Do you guys think if incase @Oneplus files a case against their ban,can they win!

Poll closed Dec 17, 2015.
  1. Hope,so!

61 vote(s)
    70.9%
  2. Only,50-50 chance!

25 vote(s)
    29.1%
  1. mohimirza
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 16, 2014

mohimirza , Dec 16, 2014 :
    I don't get it why people even bother to buy Micromax phones. They just import the BLU smartphones, do the rebranding, install their shitty ROM and sell them.
    [​IMG]

NXG90 and bijindas like this.
  2. deepakmanojn
    Froyo Dec 16, 2014

deepakmanojn , Dec 16, 2014 :
    I feel real bad for One Plus.. They are not able to catch a break... They are jumping through so many hoops just to get customers a damn good phone they deserve... I keep hearing what Batman said in the the Dark Knight climax when I saw the news... Hopefully they come out of this unscathed... Good luck guys...

3. amithsharma86
    Froyo Dec 16, 2014

amithsharma86 , Dec 16, 2014 :
    Hurray... At least now the OP should realise if they did not have the invite system in India they could have sold more units... :p

4. amalik123
    Gingerbread Dec 16, 2014

amalik123 , Dec 16, 2014 :
    Micromax is a bullshit company. With the kind of phones it is known to manufacture, there is quite a possibility that YU will be of sub-par build quality.

Finally a company like Micromax has something to challenge other companies, unlike the earlier cases where it was at the receiving end(design copy, Ericsson etc.)

The reason why Oneplus is selling is not just its price but also the quality of the product which is on offer. And it's not just the phone, even the accessories feel as if they were designed/manufactured keeping the end-user in mind.

vnshkr likes this.
  5. anandbibek
    Gingerbread Dec 16, 2014

anandbibek , Dec 16, 2014 :
    Now we know how Micromax is spending their profit from good sales.
    I feel bad for recommending their phone to my friemds. I guess we all contributed in giving enough money to MMx, now they can afford to do these

bijindas likes this.
  6. anandbibek
    Gingerbread Dec 16, 2014

anandbibek , Dec 16, 2014 :
    No. Not BLU genrally. They rebrand much cheaper chinese phones, like RIO, etc. You won't even find pictures of those useless models

bijindas and bonnsn08 like this.
  7. bonnsn08
    Donut Dec 16, 2014

Wejay, vnshkr and deveshgupta06 like this.
  8. Saurabh Jindal
    Cupcake Dec 16, 2014

Saurabh Jindal , Dec 16, 2014 :
    Found posts quite informative.
    I came to know about this phone around two months back when my colleague gifted it to his wife.
    I never thought that it would be so popular and so many techies will research it. I currently have S5 and quite happy with it. I would like to purchase OnePlus one is near future and gift to my wife as a surprise. I would appreciate, if anyone in your group has an invite and share with me at Saurabh_jindal@yahoo.com
    Quick question to you guys - what is difference between OnePlus one that is sold in USA and India.

9. dhiraj16
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 17, 2014

Wejay likes this.
  10. ram0312
    Gingerbread Dec 17, 2014

ram0312 , Dec 17, 2014 :
    just sell what is in stock and whatever you are going to ship send it without the logo...anyways OP is moving away from cyanogen to its in-house version...so not much of a problem

varnika likes this.
  11. 0verlord
    Gingerbread Dec 17, 2014

0verlord , Dec 17, 2014 :
    Cy
    Cyanogenmod will not risk reverting the decision as since it first declined Google's Android VP's offer to get merge with them, then it has been working very hard with South Asian giant MMX to bring Cyano to masses[ofcourse for money]. + Cyano isn't supreme and a business agreement always cost a lot whenever one party dumps another one[MMX supposed here]. Media, Cyano, OP, MMX are making things complicated for gullible user by not revealing their so called confidential agreement. Just reveal it, let us see it, and everything shall be clear to us. I don't consider MMX evil here because every party has the right to defend its work if it involves an exclusive agreement. Point is, did Cyanogenmod told OP before Dec 2, that MMX will have exclusive rights of Cyano trademark in India[thereby, stating that OP should take a preemptive approach.] If yes, then I suppose OP is at fault because an exclusive agreement takes precedence over non-exclusive one.

Let's see what OP has to to bring at the table.

bijindas likes this.
  12. 0verlord
    Gingerbread Dec 17, 2014

I ho
    In house version takes time to reach maturity, its community aka development model first will be launched, then from alpha to beta and with rigorous testing it may be able to reach the supposed deadline of Feb 2015. OP I suppose can't halt their production and shipment in India till that time. That would be unproductive for any company of stature of OP.

13. 0verlord
    Gingerbread Dec 17, 2014

As p
    As per media reports, OP has non-exclusive rights to use Cyanogenmod and thus, it cannot take legal action to prevent Cyanogenmod.

ram0312 likes this.
  14. ram0312
    Gingerbread Dec 17, 2014

ram0312 , Dec 17, 2014 :
    i hope soooooooo.............

varnika likes this.
  15. 0verlord
    Gingerbread Dec 17, 2014

After the Price point, Cyanogenmod is one of the crucial pivotal point why OPO became popular and successful.

ram0312 likes this.
  16. ram0312
    Gingerbread Dec 17, 2014

ram0312 , Dec 17, 2014 :
    Micromax is a bullshit company. With the kind of phones it is known to manufacture, there is quite a possibility that YU will be of sub-par build quality.

varnika likes this.
  17. 0verlord
    Gingerbread Dec 17, 2014

Because, even though they[MMX] might be making products[shitty for you] but they unlike OP or other non-Indian brands consider every class of people their prime target and try to give them more by somehow compromising at other points like ROM you mentioned. What's wrong with that? A labour does has the right to have a smartphone as much as the CEO of some company. Only the quality of the product changes here but at least people of all classes can afford something of this category. OP can't do this easily because it specializes in other field[HATS OFF for that.]

bijindas, Paarkhi and saint.soldier like this.
  18. 0verlord
    Gingerbread Dec 17, 2014

:) what can I say, we'll have to wait for the launching date. Indians are known to surprise everyone.

ram0312 likes this.
  19. krshnaan
    Honeycomb Dec 17, 2014

krshnaan , Dec 17, 2014 :
    Agree with the points you made.. I think it was a good idea for Cyanogen and OnePlus to partner and still is. OnePlus enhanced its cool/geek factor by partnering with CM, especially in the western market. CM was able to bask in the exclusive/premium image that OP managed to create when it launched earlier this yearBut both companies, once they get what they need from each other, would look to expand their business.

OnePlus started developing its own ROM back in July (https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/rom-official-4-4-4-oneplus-aosp.65482/) which would have been a threat to CM. Threads on this forum say OP2 will be launched with their ROM internationally. What's the incentive for CM to pay special attention to OnePlus?

Should they have handled it better? Absolutely. Is it unfair to the users? yeah - CM 11S was tweaked to meet Indian SAR values prior to Indian release. Even if we flash updates manually, will those meet Indian regulations? We dont know.

The only true choice a user has, is to vote with his/her wallet

NXG90 and Paarkhi like this.
  20. saint.soldier
    Honeycomb Dec 17, 2014

saint.soldier , Dec 17, 2014 :
    Fck mmx. It was always a shitty company. Op should be happy as this ban wud increase their resale value. Cm r mama shakuni. Users shudnt b worried as they can install custom rom and get updates. Noobs r fckd though.

CosmicPaladin likes this.