Other Delivery time OP 5

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ray2Jerry
    Gingerbread Jun 22, 2017

Ray2Jerry , Jun 22, 2017 :
    Now THAT'S a true OnePlus/Android lifer right there! hahaha You don't see Apples editing modem codes.

I sincerely hope you succeed man, and I'm sure thousands of people on Verizon do too!

hudsontec and hector689 like this.
  2. hector689
    Froyo Jun 22, 2017

hector689 , Jun 22, 2017 :
    worked on my axon7 made it truly global, now works on every single band, lets see how the OP5 wants to behave

Ray2Jerry likes this.
  3. Ray2Jerry
    Gingerbread Jun 22, 2017

Yeah, I can remember pulling a few tricks on my Nexus One and Nexus 4 to get on bands I shouldn't have been on ;-) lol

hector689 likes this.
  4. hector689
    Froyo Jun 22, 2017

WE GATTA BELIVE IN THE POWER OF FEDEX

hudsontec and Ray2Jerry like this.
  5. Ray2Jerry
    Gingerbread Jun 22, 2017

I sure as Hell do NOT believe in the power of DHL from previous experience... but they have pleasantly surprised me too... I'm just really really glad I should be home for the delivery this time, I'm still recovering from the 10 day death march out by the airport to get previous DHL orders they lied about trying to deliver...

6. arcanexvi
    Gingerbread Jun 22, 2017

arcanexvi , Jun 22, 2017 :
    Got my FedEx shipping notice yesterday afternoon shortly after the keynote. Scheduled for delivery tomorrow morning (Chicago).

Ray2Jerry likes this.
  7. Ray2Jerry
    Gingerbread Jun 22, 2017

Well if you're still looking for an invite for OnePlus 2 like your signature says I think I might be able to hook you up :p lol

arcanexvi likes this.
  8. hector689
    Froyo Jun 22, 2017

#jealous

9. arcanexvi
    Gingerbread Jun 22, 2017

Lulz. Thanks. Fixed

Ray2Jerry likes this.
  10. hector689
    Froyo Jun 22, 2017

11. Ray2Jerry
    Gingerbread Jun 22, 2017

I was only teasing haha... truth be told I only logged in to the Forum again since OnePlus 2 days once 5 news started swirling around. I was selfishly hoping us OGs might get a jump on things again... I guess we still kinda did, and was more fair for everyone.

arcanexvi likes this.
  12. arcanexvi
    Gingerbread Jun 22, 2017

Same here. I ordered seconds after the code got announced so I was glad to see mine ship right away.

Ray2Jerry likes this.
  13. Magnetic Nerd
    Jelly Bean Jun 22, 2017

14. hector689
    Froyo Jun 22, 2017

Ray2Jerry likes this.
  15. xreactx
    Froyo Jun 22, 2017

xreactx , Jun 22, 2017 :
    Ordered 128gb version one hour after launch. Order still pending dispatch as of 8:30pm, 21Jun17, to SoCal.

16. hector689
    Froyo Jun 22, 2017

17. kerric
    Eclair Jun 22, 2017

kerric , Jun 22, 2017 :
    In Alberta, Canada here. Ordered about 20 minutes after the end of the launch. No email saying my order was dispatched, but order status in "my orders" page changed to processing a couple hours after, then dispatched an hour after that, then shipped by evening last night. The tracking button showed up, but no info popped up, but expected delivery said June 26th.

Talked to chat agent today who said my order had been "shipped" and gave me tracking number. For half of today, DHL showed shipping information received. Early afternoon it changed to shipment picked up, and around 6pm it showed processed LA and then departed Facility in LA, and just after 7 pm arrived at sort facility in LA gateway. Estimated delivery on DHL tracking says June 22 by end of day. I'm hopeful as some other Canadians in major centers like Toronto received theirs today.

So, as to be expected, it seems like there are some hiccups in their order management system not updating, or showing tracking information when status says shipped, etc... Hope my timeline of events helps others with what to expect who may be in a similar geographic region as me.

I'm sure everyone like myself is excited to receive their order, but the best thing is to try to be patient and be happy that we were fortunate to be able to get in on the early drop in the first place. The alternative would have been to wait like everyone else till next week to order, and likely wait longer for delivery partly due to the volume, and the fact most people would not pay for the priority shipping anyways.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017

hudsontec, Ray2Jerry and hector689 like this.
  18. POMAH_CHRONOS
    Eclair Jun 22, 2017

POMAH_CHRONOS , Jun 22, 2017 :
    mine has already arrived, blown away how fast it got here. like free shipping, one day?!? amazing

oh and I guess the phone is okay too [e]1f609[/e]

Ray2Jerry likes this.
  19. Ray2Jerry
    Gingerbread Jun 22, 2017

I LOVED my OPO until the very end... which was when OP2 came out. And it sadly made financial sense (and the literal dozens of people begging to buy it from me) to sacrifice it for the OP2.

Tragically it'll be the same fate for my current OP2, it still works amazingly with the original screen protector even still on it. I never used a case and it's almost as mint as day 1. But it was also spoken for the minute my buddy heard about the 5... he knew I'd give up the 2 for it LOL.

I'm also not at all surprised so many people with OP2 are now getting OP5, it makes sense since it's only now just barely starting to show its age (and that's even debatable, if the 5 didn't come out now I'd still be happy using my OP2 for another year, I have no reason not to). It's been exactly 2 years since the 2 and that's about the time most people might be entertaining a new phone after getting a flagship.

EDIT: I also just have to add that the battery life on my OP2 still blows away any other gadget I have. It still lasts forever and charges really fast for a device without any fast charging. That's really rare, especially for a 2 year old device heavily used constantly with a built-in battery. That's just more confidence in how good the OP5 battery should be.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017

UngIued likes this.
  20. POMAH_CHRONOS
    Eclair Jun 22, 2017

POMAH_CHRONOS , Jun 22, 2017 :
    got mine around 5:30pm today, also in ottawa

Ray2Jerry likes this.