Depth of Field Mode

1. jayeshdave
    Eclair Aug 11, 2015

jayeshdave , Aug 11, 2015 :
    Camera App in OnePlus Two lacks many features. Being a very good cameraman I feel that One of the very useful feature is Depth of Field Mode where everything else is out of focus other than the main subject in the photograph.

Any Idea about the possibility of such feature in OPT or we just have to live without it?

2. LifelessLewis
    Jelly Bean Aug 11, 2015

rphlfjrd likes this.
  3. davebugyi
    Honeycomb Aug 11, 2015

davebugyi , Aug 11, 2015 :
    I thought a "very good cameraman" may know the answer how it is technically possible.

Cuerex and rphlfjrd like this.
  4. Wrighty
    Jelly Bean Aug 11, 2015

SilentMac likes this.
  5. jayeshdave
    Eclair Aug 11, 2015

One needs lot of settings to manipulate to do that but lot of phones comes with inbuilt feature. Check Zenphone Camera App.

6. cooki3sanyday
    Jelly Bean Aug 11, 2015

cooki3sanyday , Aug 11, 2015 :
    You have a small aperature, you can do shallow depth of field. And you can download google camera to obtain a very intensified shallow depth of field.

7. xoqes88
    Jelly Bean Aug 11, 2015

xoqes88 , Aug 11, 2015 :
    You claim that you are a very good cameraman but do you actually understand what the shallow "depth of field" is and how it works?

Want to get "bokeh" on the phone? Get close to you subjetc and make your subject distant in relation to your background.

Shallow depth of field comes with big apertures, not small one.

8. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Aug 11, 2015

dsmonteiro , Aug 11, 2015 :
    If you are a very good cameraman, you'll know that the Depth of Field Mod is accomplished by software gimmicks. You're better off using the RAW picture and editing it to your liking.

Also, that feature is from Google Camera, not Cyanogen's camera app, so it's still available.

gusuraman and rphlfjrd like this.
  9. jayeshdave
    Eclair Aug 11, 2015

I know how small aperture works. Here is the image I captured with my DSLR camera. I am not trying to showoff my camera skills here, But my question is why ONEPLUS completely ignored this mode in camera app. It would have been awesome feature to have.

Attached Files:

• Fly.JPG
      Fly.JPG
      File size:
      797.9 KB
      Views:

10. dsmonteiro

I think he's talking about Google's camera gimmicky mode.

xoqes88 and rphlfjrd like this.
  11. jayeshdave
    Eclair Aug 11, 2015

Question is why ONEPLUS in not giving this as basic feature in it's camera app and forcing us to rely on other Apps.

12. dsmonteiro

Because that feature is from Google's own camera app. If you want it, install it. If not, then don't.

OALEXANDER, rphlfjrd and xoqes88 like this.
  13. xoqes88
    Jelly Bean Aug 11, 2015

xoqes88 , Aug 11, 2015 :
    Yeah, I figure it now. I thought he was talking about shallow depth of field accomplished by camera hardware since he is saying that he is a good cameraman.

But that way, it is like you said: it's purely software gimmick.

rphlfjrd and dsmonteiro like this.
  14. rphlfjrd
    Lollipop Aug 11, 2015

rphlfjrd , Aug 11, 2015 :
    If you are a "very good camera man", you'll know how to work around the quirks.

No hatin just sayin

xoqes88 likes this.
  15. xoqes88
    Jelly Bean Aug 11, 2015

xoqes88 , Aug 11, 2015 :
    Question is: why do you called yourself a good cameraman and don't even understand the concept shallow depth of field? Did you even read my response to you?

rphlfjrd likes this.
  16. jayeshdave
    Eclair Aug 11, 2015

I know how it works but I am saying it for the people who don't really know how it works. Don't you think that simple inclusion of that feature will help lot of people to click some awesome clicks just by selecting a mode rather than playing with software gimmickry .

17. rphlfjrd
    Lollipop Aug 11, 2015

rphlfjrd , Aug 11, 2015 :
    I don't see what's hard with downloading another app for that. Anyone can do that. Lol

18. jayeshdave
    Eclair Aug 11, 2015

Check the click I posted. You will understand why I call myself a "Good Cameraman". The point is to help people who don't know how to manage that feature manually. People who are not pro with using software. Just select an option and click would be much easier than to play with software tricks.

19. xoqes88
    Jelly Bean Aug 11, 2015

xoqes88 , Aug 11, 2015 :
    But a pro does not use software to get that shallow depth of field. A Pro get that "bokeh" using camera hardware (camera+lens), aperture, composing, etc. Not software!

I am not even a Pro (I don't even know if I qualify as an amateur) and I don't use software to get "bokeh". That's basic camera composition

rphlfjrd and dsmonteiro like this.
  20. dsmonteiro

No, it's not a simple inclusion. It needs advanced image processing algorithms. And again, it's an app installation away. For the nth time that's a Google Camera App feature.

OALEXANDER and xoqes88 like this.