Design and Technology at New York Fashion Week

1. Daisy K. North America Marketing Staff Member Feb 15, 2019

Daisy K., Feb 15, 2019 :
    BTSForum.png

Hi Friends,

The fashion world and tech world tend to oscillate in their own orbits, rarely coming close to one another except to present a shiny new phone case or smartwatch. However, this week, OnePlus North America brought the OnePlus 6T to the runway at New York Fashion Week to strengthen the connection between experimental design and innovative technology.

Untitled design (13).png

Last Sunday, our videographer, Brady R., and myself attended all-day shows at Nolcha, a showcase of independent fashion designers to present their collections to a global audience. In the 11 years since their first show, they have become a “platform of discovery” for new fashion talent based in New York City. It wasn’t hard for me to feel a connection between this event, the talent Nolcha brought, and OnePlus. Despite recently being ranked one of the top five selling high-quality phones in the US, we are never far from our rebellious and hungry roots.

As we stepped behind the scenes of the Videmus Omnia show, we got an exclusive peek at the process of this major production – long tables stacked high with hair products and curling irons, models sitting cross-legged with a private yogi, and stylists putting the finishing touches on intricate eye makeup that resembled raven wings. The energy of the production was reminiscent of the OnePlus 6T Launch - both tense and electric.

Screen Shot 2019-02-13 at 4.54.13 PM.png

When I chatted with Jolly Qu, designer of Videmus Omnia, after her show, I was enthralled by the small, gravely important details she had put into her line. Not only was each model’s make-up customized for each piece of clothing, she had also hired a composer to write a piece of music for each look. This integration of fashion and music reminded me of a core OnePlus value: Details Matter.

Last year, I loved the OnePlus 6 in Silk White for purely superficial reasons – It was an undeniably beautiful phone. But, my appreciation for it grew when I learned that it was engrained with fine pearl particles to make the design come to life. Likewise, the newest OnePlus variant, the OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition, was lovingly made with real carbon fiber from F1 racing cars. In a world of artificial colors, synthetic fabrics and lab-grown meat, experiencing the real thing is becoming a true luxury.

Untitled design (11).png

In my experience, especially at events like New York Fashion Week, it’s a challenge to couple luxury and utility. Haute couture rarely lives on past the runway or red carpet. Qu, along with a few of the other Nolcha designers, have or will have ready-to-wear lines that cater to those who demand more from their everyday wear. As Qu sees it, the future of fashion is highly accessible and customizable. Ever curious, I asked her if she had any ideas for a fashion- and future-forward design for a OnePlus device. Her response? Bacteria….but more specifically a design that had the ability to uniquely change and transform.

_MG_6515.JPG

As Brady and I settled in to our seats for the final show, we joined each person in taking out their phones, opening the camera and holding our breath for the first model to begin walking. In this moment, fashion and technology relied on each other completely to capture and share the innovation of design.

2. jlasensiofi KitKat Feb 16, 2019

3. B.yashaswi Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 18, 2019

4. Starcommander Jelly Bean Feb 18, 2019

5. Ceasedd Marshmallow Feb 18, 2019

Ceasedd, Feb 18, 2019 :
    TLTR

6. DARTH 007 KitKat Feb 19, 2019

DARTH 007, Feb 19, 2019 :
    nice update.
    OnePlus is not a luxury product.
    Maybe some luxury goods company can bring out some cases to move OnePlus phones towards that side.
    which is doubtful considering no celebs are using this phone.

7. F_Unmesh_Tiwari_XiWE Cupcake Feb 19, 2019

8. ravinderprasad95 Cupcake Feb 20, 2019

ravinderprasad95, Feb 20, 2019 :
    i bought one plus 6t McLern a month ago but its hangs lots of and i went service center too they reset this device and installed new os but the problem is same and sometime it goes to black screen and nun of any button work

9. Seagal_aikikai Honeycomb Feb 20, 2019

10. online_dengyouqing Cupcake Feb 20, 2019

11. online_dengyouqing Cupcake Feb 20, 2019

12. PhantomGamer Cupcake Feb 21, 2019

PhantomGamer, Feb 21, 2019 :
    OwO a new silver OnePlus 6t?
    *looks closer* oh wait it's the lighting [e]1f602[/e][e]1f602[/e]

13. vincent.liu Froyo Feb 21, 2019

14. F1540203135051 Donut Feb 22, 2019

15. Z1550915878435 Cupcake Feb 26, 2019

Z1550915878435, Feb 26, 2019 :
    I think you should report it. try the complaint section

16. Kytharsis Marshmallow Mar 1, 2019

Kytharsis, Mar 1, 2019 :
    Oooooooh, Daisy's a model noooow. Lookin' good!

17. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert Mar 1, 2019

Cheetosdust, Mar 1, 2019 :
    "It's called fashion, look it up" :cool:

Kytharsis likes this.