[DESIGN CONTEST] Turn your OnePlus TV passion into Everyday Accessories!

1. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Jul 16, 2021

dsmonteiro , Jul 16, 2021 :
    Forum_OP_TV_MercDesignContest_2.JPG

Hey everyone,

With the OnePlus TV U1S launch back in June, OnePlus TVs have become an important member of more and more Indian families. The OnePlus TV makes their home smarter, enhances their daily entertainment experience and helps create many sweet memories by providing immersive cinematic watching experience to families.

This, of course, wouldn't be possible without the involvement of the Community, through the process of co-creation, especially the OnePlus TV lovers. Now, we need your help to make the smarter, premium, and harmonious OnePlus TV spirit expand from your living room into your everyday life outside. We bring you — OnePlus TV Merchandise Design Contest.

What do you want to make a OnePlus TV Merchandise out of? A OnePlus TV Mug that cherishes your hot coffee while binge watching your favorite shows? Or a diary to record your reviews of all the shows watched on OxygenPlay? We don’t limit the product. Your creativity is the only limit. Speaking of limits, don't worry – this is a global contest, open to all regions! All ideas are welcome to

Turn your OnePlus TV passion into Everyday Accessories!
    That's right, we're inviting you to be part of OnePlus TV Merchandise creation process by submitting your own ideas and designs. Click HERE to download the source file with the OnePlus TV logos that you may need for your designs. These source file must only be used in the contest. All other uses are prohibited.

Check the rules below to know more. Furthermore, when you are creating your design, please keep the following OnePlus TV Design concepts in mind:
    • Premium – OnePlus TV provides a more valuable product at a given price range, always looking at better material, aesthetic design, and high technology.
    • Minimalistic – OnePlus TV has a bezel less design which blends in with your background and an immersive viewing experience that takes your entertainment up a notch.
    • Smart and accessible - OnePlus TV appeals to a large group of people with its smart features like Kids Mode, Connect app, and a smart assistant that improves your daily life by integrating with your tech-ecosystem.
    Design rules
    1. The submission will be evaluated by the design, product, and marketing teams of OnePlus TV regarding five aspects:
      Creativity (30%), Reflection of the brand image of OnePlus TV (20%), Design ability (20%), feasibility (20%), and environmental-friendliness (10%).
    2. The design can be based on any item, e.g., T-shirt, Mug, Sling bag, Stickers, etc. Keep in mind while designing any Merchandise that the item, when brought to reality, should be under 20 dollars so that it qualifies as a merchandise.
    3. The design must be original. Plagiarism will result in disqualification and you will be barred from winning any contest prizes for a full year.
    4. You can sketch your product idea by hand or design it digitally. If you are sketching, make sure to upload a clear and well-lit photograph of the sketch.
    Submission rules
    1. You need to present and submit your design using the DESIGN TEMPLATE. Click HERE to download.
      Click HERE to submit your entry. You will also be required to share your design source file via Google Drive link.
    2. An explanation of your concept must be provided. You can mention the inspiration behind your design and how your product design goes with the OnePlus TV's design elements, i.e. Premium, Minimalistic and Smart.
    3. Please include one picture/thumbnail which thoroughly shows your design so that we can display the picture to the public once it is selected as top 10.
    4. Your submission means you agree with the Terms and Conditions for India and other regions. And here is our Privacy Policy.
    Contest timeline
    • Submission: July 16 – August 6
    • Internal judging to decide the TOP 10: August 7 – August 19
    • Community voting for TOP 10: August 23 – August 29
    • Final announcement: August 30
    • Award distribution: Start within 2 weeks after the final announcement.
    Awards
    • 1st: OnePlus Watch Cobalt edition
    • 2nd: OnePlus Watch Midnight Black/Moonlight Silver edition
    • 3rd: OnePlus Buds
    Q&A
    • What are the proportions of internal and external evaluations?
      At the internal evaluation stage, the OnePlus Review Board will evaluate the submissions regarding five aspects: Creativity, Reflection of the brand image of OnePlus TV, Design ability, feasibility, and environmental-friendly. The full score of each aspect is 20.
      At the community voting stage, the TOP 10 selected by the OnePlus Review Board will be announced on the forums. After one week of voting, the entry which wins the most likes gets 10 points, the entry which wins the second most likes gets 9 points, and so on.
      The final score = Score given by OnePlus Review Board + Score won from Community voting
    • How many times one can submit?
      One can only submit once per one device, which means you could submit more entries if you try multiple devices.
    • Can I submit my design work if I am under 18?
      Yes, you can submit your designs even if you are under 18 years old. Unfortunately, the same shall not be eligible for winning the award as per the terms and conditions. The best designs in the under-18 category shall be announced and showcased separately.
    • What do I do if my design work exceeds the upload limit (16MB)?
      You can upload the file to any cloud storage service (e.g. Google Drive, OneDrive, etc.), create a Word or PDF document with the link, and upload it.
    • If the design seems higher than 20 dollars, where will it be factored in marks? Or it will be rejected?
      If the design is slightly higher than 20 dollars, it will be factored in the mark of Feasibility; If it is obviously much higher than 20 dollars, it will not pass the first-round selection.
    • How can I know how much my design will cost?
      You can search for similar products on Amazon and take the average value as the standard.
    • Do I need to upload my design source file such as the prototype sketches?
      Yes. You will be required to do so when filling in the application form.
    • How can I let you know that I'm under 18?
      Please specify your age in the first page of your design template.
    Now, let the battle for the best TV Merchandise Design begin!

Never Settle.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2021

2. DarshanMeniya
    Jelly Bean Jul 16, 2021

DarshanMeniya , via OnePlus 8T , Jul 16, 2021 :
    It's great opportunity! Thank you so much team OnePlus!
    Design guide PDF is it self big prize! It will become really easy to understand the design philosophy of OnePlus Product!

Last edited: Jul 16, 2021

3. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 Jul 16, 2021

YRJ , Jul 16, 2021 :
    Sounds exciting! Goodluck to all the participants, looking forward to your creative entries :cool:

4. Dhruv Kashyap
    Jelly Bean Jul 16, 2021

5. Optimus_Prime_07
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 16, 2021

6. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Jul 16, 2021

Venky61 , Jul 16, 2021 :
    Looking forward to see some creative entries.. Possibilities are endless :D

7. oneplusfav4ever

D1577116374203 likes this.
  8. Yash Pratap Singh.
    Lollipop Jul 16, 2021

pkg3107, SRD., hennes and 4 others like this.

F1598723678579 and KaranRIyer like this.
  10. Moka69

Moka69 , Jul 16, 2021 :
    Looking forward to grab the final product whenever you put it up for RCC Sale

11. Starcommander
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Jul 16, 2021

12. Overzee
    The Showcase Reviewer Jul 16, 2021

Overzee , Jul 16, 2021 :
    Yeah, creativity contest! @Cakepips time to dust off that creativity hat of yours.

tibsu18, SRD., puccellino and 6 others like this.
  13. camohan
    Moderator Moderator Jul 16, 2021

PhotoPicker, SRD., puccellino and 6 others like this.
  14. Yash Pratap Singh.
    Lollipop Jul 16, 2021

SRD., KaranRIyer, Dresa91 and 2 others like this.
  15. Ankit Bhaurah
    Gingerbread Jul 16, 2021

Ankit Bhaurah , Jul 16, 2021 :
    Great Opportunity For all The Creative Creators. I am coming With my Entry in a few days. Hope OnePlus Team Likes it.

T1624807472636 likes this.
  16. vinay11singh
    Honeycomb Jul 16, 2021

17. Cakepips
    User of the Year 2020 Jul 16, 2021

Cakepips , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Jul 16, 2021 :
    Smell that? That's the community creativity cooking. 😎

Best of luck everyone!

Getting serious Jacket de ja vu but opened up to more merch! Let's gooooooooooooo!

18. BSNAIDU
    Eclair Jul 16, 2021

Adesh.sanmukh likes this.
  19. Helder_DAlmeida
    Marshmallow Jul 16, 2021

T1626846452076, SRD., Overzee and 2 others like this.