Development Community

1. Johannes_Zahn
    Donut Sep 27, 2016

Johannes_Zahn , Sep 27, 2016 :
    Hello!
    Im planning on getting my self an OP3 or Axon7 .

Im quite unsure what to pick . I know the pros and cons of the devices. But one point thats frequently mentioned is that OP3 is better if you want to root your phone and stuff and that the development community is better and bigger. Can you explain me a little bit if this is the case and why so I can maybe decide in favor of OP3 :)

Addweb likes this.
  2. sfomin
    Nougat Sep 27, 2016

sfomin , Sep 27, 2016 :
    Well if you dont plan on rooting or running a custom ROM then that point is obsolete.

K3MN1K likes this.
  3. Tobikage
    Nougat Sep 27, 2016

Tobikage , Sep 27, 2016 :
    Sure....this....

K3MN1K likes this.
  4. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Sep 27, 2016

dsmonteiro , Sep 27, 2016 :
    Main pro points:
    • Unlocking bootloader and rooting doesn't void the warranty (provided you don't damage the phone in the process)
    • You have a very solid community. As an example, the OP3 had a stable CM13 and AOSPA ROM the same week it was released
    • XDA has praised OP3 for its tinkering friendliness

5. Johannes_Zahn
    Donut Sep 27, 2016

Well I never really did it but im actually into stuff like that and would like to start doing it and im also starting to learn how to program apps and stuff

6. Johannes_Zahn
    Donut Sep 27, 2016

this doesnt at all explain why these things are true. I´m asking why.

7. Tobikage
    Nougat Sep 27, 2016

OnePlus : Bigger market audience , more sales, bigger community , more developers and also more developer friendly than ZTE has ever been.

You've already answered your own question.

8. Johannes_Zahn
    Donut Sep 27, 2016

Well I dont know how much money ZTE makes with smartphones but they are a way bigger company than OP . And i wanted to hear experiences from some guys who have a oneplus unlike me and if you´re not interested to give me your experiences idk why you even post something. Might be that my question is not percise enough but there might have been some interesting things people could´ve told me.

9. Tobikage
    Nougat Sep 27, 2016

OnePlus sells the OP3 in more markets than what ZTE sells the Axon 7 in.
    It's not a matter of money.

Just take a look at XDA pages for the Axon and the OP3.

Good luck getting an unbiased opinion from the forum fanboys here on the forum. :rolleyes:

McJader and AcmE85 like this.
  10. Johannes_Zahn
    Donut Sep 27, 2016

Think im getting this phone anyway even though I feel a little uncomfortable because i seem to regret any purchase i make xD

11. Tobikage
    Nougat Sep 27, 2016

If you want a phone to tinker with , the only choices I'd consider now are Nexus the new Pixel / Pixel XL (which will be priced much higher than the OP3 according to leaks) and a OnePlus 3.

The only negative for OnePlus is that CS is bad......which is also the case for ZTE.

You have a 15 day return warranty if you don't like it or have any issues.
    OP.JPG

12. Johannes_Zahn
    Donut Sep 27, 2016

ok ty for your help. I talked to cs and they were nice. what do you mean with that its bad?

13. Tobikage
    Nougat Sep 27, 2016

There's a considerable amount of complaints here on the forum with CS unable to help out / understand peoples problems in most cases and just flat out refusing to communicate in most cases.......but the Forum Moderators and Admins help out those in need.

14. Johannes_Zahn
    Donut Sep 27, 2016

Good to hear.
    What I also thought about is that most phone magazines just say the axon7 is the better one plus. This is probably true if you dont care too much about software. I saw alot of threads where people stated they wanted to get op3 but now get axon7 instead. If many people buy the axon over op might it be that op loses trust in its product and doesnt continue working on software updates etc?

15. Tobikage
    Nougat Sep 27, 2016

Exactly. OxygenOS is not perfect but it's definitely better than ZTE's UI
    OnePlus so far has a good showing with the updates for the 3 too.

Yup. A lot of people unhappy with OnePlus did get the Axon.
    It's a very good option to consider and I'd give it a slight edge over the OP3 in terms of hardware (1440p display , hybrid SD card slot , stereo speakers etc) and some extra points for the unique look compared to the generic aluminum unibody of the OnePlus 3.

But if you want a phone to tinker around with , the OP3 would be the logical choice.

16. Johannes_Zahn
    Donut Sep 27, 2016

Guess I mad my choice. Thx pal

Tobikage likes this.
  17. SadafA
    Cupcake Dec 7, 2016

SadafA , Dec 7, 2016 :
    OP3.. go for it. This phone have a good UI as well as good hardware configuration. OP3 works smooth because of huge RAM and its memory slots gives you huge space to save all your data. If we talk about it's camera then the front and rare camera will never disappoint you. Capture every moments and click amazing selfies. For application point, this phone have amazing applications which surprise you will using phones. Custom applications for this phone can also be developed by experts, to consult app developers contact Chetu Inc.

jibran159 likes this.
  18. jibran159
    Cupcake Dec 17, 2020

jibran159 , Dec 17, 2020 :
    You cleared my doubts. Thanks.

19. SJBoss
    Lollipop Feb 11, 2021

SJBoss , Feb 11, 2021 :
    You're like 5 yrs late but understandable, this kind of research takes time.

P.S. reporting you for self promotion.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2021