DHL charges £21 for oneplus delivery..

1. ath.peppas
    Gingerbread Jun 26, 2016

ath.peppas , Jun 26, 2016 :
    Hello,

Its been Sunday so I haven't managed to call oneplus yet.

Story is that I have ordered on the 14th of June the oneplus 3 through the VR app which has been delivered on the 20th (very happy about that), and for the people who did order throug the VR app, they know that you couldn't add any accessories with the phone. So, I did a separate order for accessories (case,screen protector, cable & car charger) which is as shown in the following picture.

Screen Shot Athanasios 06-26-16 23-18-53.PNG

I did call them to clarify why the order isn't shipped yet (23rd of June) and they said that the rules say until Monday the 27th. I don't understand how that works with the priority shipment but anyway. Today Sunday I received this text from DHL ( the order was made from UK to be delivered to UK) that the shipments has been shipped from China and its going to arrive on Wednesday (which is ridiculous but anyway). And then I received another message from DHL that I have to pay £21 for duty and VAT.

I am calling them tomorrow....

Screenshot_20160626-135147.png

2. Alvie
    The Lab - OnePlus 5T Reviewer Jun 27, 2016

ath.peppas likes this.
  3. gusuraman
    Community Veteran Jun 27, 2016

gusuraman , Jun 27, 2016 :
    Sometime DHL do this. You will not have to pay any import tax.
    Contact OnePlus and they will talk with DHL.

You may also try to contact DHL and tell them to check on the package where there should be the DDP (Delivery Duty Paid) label. But I'm not sure it will work.

cssoz, ath.peppas and Kage like this.
  4. ath.peppas
    Gingerbread Jun 27, 2016

ath.peppas , Jun 27, 2016 :
    Thank you. Didn't know they were open 24/7

thank you , I contact them yesterday through chat and the guy told me to talk with DHL which makes no sense. Called DHL and the guy was just replying "I understand sir, you got to pay £21", so I hanged up the phone.

5. ath.peppas
    Gingerbread Jun 27, 2016

Ridiculous,

They first ask me to pay the 21 pounds and after pressure they have know opened a ticket.

What's happening over there?

edit: after he opened the ticket for me, he was just sending me questions " If need help with anything else".

He sent it 3-4 times and I was replying that I do want help with something else and he turned off the chat.

I am quite cool with deliveries and I try to be patient and calm.

How would you react in my case?

6. Irfan29
    Froyo Jun 27, 2016

Irfan29 , Jun 27, 2016 :
    I probably would have flipped, simple as and tell em to do one, take your package off the delivery guy and close the door and run far far away

7. ath.peppas
    Gingerbread Jun 27, 2016

If I don't pay they will not send it. Also it is not DHL's issue. Oneplus are retards.

G_Lisa_Reese_qitS likes this.
  8. ogriff
    Jelly Bean Jun 27, 2016

9. kmunir
    Gingerbread Jun 27, 2016

kmunir , Jun 27, 2016 :
    I had a similar issue (not with OnePlus though). I ordered somthing from China with DHL as delivery option. They sent me the same text. But the item was delivered without me having to pay anything :)

10. ath.peppas
    Gingerbread Jun 27, 2016

Inconsistency is the right word to describe oneplus. One guy in the chat asked me to pay for it and the second opened a ticket. Should I contact them again? I am at work and can't spend my whole life talking with them. Its just a delivery.....

Should I leave it like that?

11. kmunir
    Gingerbread Jun 27, 2016

kmunir , Jun 27, 2016 :
    I personally feel leave it like that till 29th. If your phone is not delivered by 29th as it is expected to, then get in touch with OP. Also keep an eye on the delivery tracking on DHL website. I did the same and was noticing that they were moving the item between their centers as normal even though they had asked me in text/sms to pay duty. So keep an eye out on the tracking and you may find out on 29th or even before that it is out for delivery in which case you wont need to worry :)

Regards

12. ath.peppas
    Gingerbread Jun 27, 2016

My phone has been delivered. It is a accessories order which was supposed to be delivered on the 21st, but they shipped it 2 days ago from China. Its been two weeks. I am leaving for a one-month business trip so I am going to miss the delivery any way. Couldn't imagine it can take them that long.

13. ath.peppas
    Gingerbread Jun 27, 2016

Can anybody help with the image below ? Does the highlighted message means it is now okay?

Capture.JPG

14. Irfan29
    Froyo Jun 27, 2016

Irfan29 , Jun 27, 2016 :
    I'm assuming so yh. It should be fine if you've bit got it by the expected date then call them

15. G_Josh_Studrawa_UCcM
    Froyo Jun 27, 2016

G_Josh_Studrawa_UCcM , Jun 27, 2016 :
    Take a deep breath. It says released by customs, what's not clear about that?

Hope you get it before your "1-month business trip".

16. ath.peppas
    Gingerbread Jun 27, 2016

It is clear, I am just double-checking!

I don't think they are going to make it. I was thinking of changing the delivery to a DHL depot (maybe its faster).

17. ath.peppas
    Gingerbread Jun 27, 2016

Spoke with DHL.

"Shipment has been given release from the customs" doesn't mean anything...

I still need to pay £21 and then Oneplus will refund me

18. Irfan29
    Froyo Jun 27, 2016

Irfan29 , Jun 27, 2016 :
    Yh, someone from oneplus just confirmed on forums about customs and all that

19. G_Josh_Studrawa_UCcM
    Froyo Jun 27, 2016

G_Josh_Studrawa_UCcM , Jun 27, 2016 :
    So what does "Shipment has been given a release by Customs" mean besides the stated definition of the words? Did you ask? This whole thing sounds sketchy.

20. Adam Krisko
    Head of Community NA Staff Member Jun 28, 2016

Adam Krisko , Jun 28, 2016 :
    Can you please shoot me your ticket number by PM so I can follow up on it?

ilovesoneplus likes this.