DHL sucks

1. jfrier
    Froyo Nov 29, 2016

jfrier , Nov 29, 2016 :
    So I was waiting all day today (took off work) for dhl so I could sign for the phone. 6p.m comes around and I get an email saying my package has been delivered and signed for. I'm freaking out checking the front porch I thought it was stolen called dhl on hold for 30 minutes then my dad comes in with a dhl package and he said it was stuffed in the mailbox. It was raining all day thank god the phone isn't wet. Horrible company for oneplus to ship items use fedex. What should I do now? Contact dhl and get something out of this ?

uncle_gonny likes this.
  2. jakethompson
    Donut Nov 29, 2016

jakethompson , Nov 29, 2016 :
    Shocker of a story! F'in ridiculous.....its just an expensive phone they just left in a mailbox which was marked signed. ffs

I got this feedback relating to DHL when I asked them about my own delivery staus - "We usually ship through DHL Jake, but I cannot fully confirmed that we can have it delivered through DHL for we are considering our shipping partner's capability to deliver in that given point of time."

3. imattv4
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 29, 2016

imattv4 , Nov 29, 2016 :
    Strange.. I know DHL has their days, but what company doesnt.. I totally understand your point though, but they have been more than willing with me so I cant speak from bad experience personally. Perhaps you had authorized delivery set up on your DHL account and allowed them to leave it somewhere? Not sure if DHL even does this, but I know for sure UPS does.

I get mine tomorrow btw :D, also through DHL. Although I requested them leave it at the local shipping office (Loomis/Canpar) instead, only because I figured it would save time. Now after reading this post, im glad I did!

4. jfrier
    Froyo Nov 29, 2016

jfrier , Nov 29, 2016 :
    Yeah this is bullshit if I went to sleep my phone would probably be stolen or damaged from rain

5. olivernward
    Eclair Nov 30, 2016

olivernward , Nov 30, 2016 :
    In Australia DHL often outsource to Australia Post, which can delay things massively. A DHL parcel could take 2 days to get from LA to SYD for example, but then take another 3 to get to the destination (in Syd) after being handed off to a contractor - defeats the purpose really.

6. pualchanman
    Cupcake Nov 30, 2016

7. getdustedyun
    Eclair Dec 1, 2016

getdustedyun , Dec 1, 2016 :
    Damn, I never had this experience with DHL (I rather had only good experience with them). Where do you live?
    And yes, I'd give them a call, because this is outrageous.

8. insomniachou
    Honeycomb Dec 1, 2016

insomniachou , Dec 1, 2016 :
    They did knocked my door instead of put it into my mailbox. But it was very strange that they didn't ask my signature while I clearly remember it was a signature-required shipping.

9. ChinChinati
    Jelly Bean Dec 1, 2016

ChinChinati , Dec 1, 2016 :
    sometimes they sign it themselves :p

10. bigvinny
    Cupcake Dec 4, 2016

bigvinny , Dec 4, 2016 :
    So much for "signature required". DHL left it in front of door when I left light on to let him know that I was at home to receive and SIGN. No wonder DHL quit on US operations mostly. Terrible delivery service.

11. jfrier
    Froyo Dec 4, 2016

12. kamikaze2112
    Cupcake Dec 6, 2016

kamikaze2112 , Dec 6, 2016 :
    They passed mine off to Loomis Express who tried to deliver it twice during business hours (when I was at work). THen when I requested that they hold it for pickup, the local Loomis office is only open from 9am until 4:30pm, with an hour closed from noon until 1pm for lunch. Like how the hell is anyone supposed to get there to pick it up without taking time off work? I just happened to be in the area for work so I could stop in quick to pick it up, but c'mon.

13. SevKempf
    Donut Dec 6, 2016

SevKempf , Dec 6, 2016 :
    Lmao I always find this hilarious because having lived in Canada DHL was awful, tho they're carrier was really friendly.

Now, after moving to Germany I've had nothing but amazing experiences while companies like UPS have been awful.

14. uncle_gonny
    Cupcake Dec 6, 2016

uncle_gonny , Dec 6, 2016 :
    i totally get you bro! hahaha those dumbasses forgot to ship my package on Friday so i had to wait the whole weekend and on Monday when they came (6pm) they delivered the wrong package and left running! the contact phone number is a paid one too so i was f*****g charged to tell them they delivered the wrong package! they suck!

15. oakami_k
    Donut Dec 6, 2016

16. Avelaren
    Cupcake Dec 7, 2016

17. diego_martinc
    Donut Dec 31, 2016

diego_martinc , Dec 31, 2016 :
    they say that need up to 10 days to transport it to Madrid when one+ sayed that shiping is only from 5 to 8 and the DHL please says that they only need 5 days!!
    this is very disapointing

18. TONYTSANG97
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 31, 2016

19. hasmoh
    Donut Jan 4, 2017

hasmoh , Jan 4, 2017 :
    They supposed to deliver my package today, and I don't know what went wrong but for sure DHL sucks. At least they should contact the customer if they can't deliver on time.
    Their website status:
    Estimated Delivery: 04 Jan 2017
    Delivery Time: before End of Day

Update
    I've contacted the DHL and they said the shipment has been returned back to the shipper.
    Anyway UPS made my day by delivering my OP3T quickly, can't believe they got yesterday from Poland and delivered today in UK.:fearscream:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017

20. Kirakichi
    Jelly Bean Jan 4, 2017

Kirakichi , Jan 4, 2017 :
    Now, do not blame blame DHL, UPS or FedEx OR any other delivery company!

Some people are lazy, blame them! if delivery companies do not get abuse report, how would they know who is working how?

Call it, and. report him! as proof, tell them the signature isnt even real nor his, this is a strong proof that no matter what, you will win if anything legal actions being taken on, they WILL pay you for compensation money of such a bad service, because if you go further on legal actions, they will cry for it! so they will give you money, if they say no, tell them you're welcoming them to legal actions as they have N.O P.R.O.O.F of you doing it.

In sweden, no ANY of the delivery mans have done a bad job, so it differs from location to location, whether it be Sweden, USA, New York City & Los Angeles.

Don't let it go like that, other customers might not be as lucky as you when they receive their parcel.

hasmoh likes this.