?

Is your native dialer crashing?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. digitalicecream
    Gingerbread Jun 6, 2015

digitalicecream , Jun 6, 2015 :
    Anyone else? Bone Stock. Driving me up the wall. I get at least one dialer crash a day when I use my phone to make phone calls.

Anyone having better luck on Oxygen? I'm really frustrated, I actually do use my phone for phone calls.

Punkrock Powell likes this.
  2. oscaraperez
    Cupcake Jun 6, 2015

oscaraperez , Jun 6, 2015 :
    same is happening to me with CM12 I am able to go to contacts and call from there but otherwise I am force to reboot

3. digitalicecream
    Gingerbread Jun 6, 2015

digitalicecream , Jun 6, 2015 :
    I was told to delete the phones cache, the dialer settings and the contact settings and try again. I just can't afford to have a phone that refuses to work. I had a real emergency and this POS wouldnt call out. If this happens a third time I'm never settling for another Oneplus again.

4. Wisoner
    Honeycomb Jun 6, 2015

Wisoner , Jun 6, 2015 :
    its happened to me a few times but if i just open it again its fine. Not a big deal like.

5. arabe
    Cupcake Jun 16, 2015

6. boomstk
    Froyo Jun 16, 2015

boomstk , Jun 16, 2015 :
    I had this problem. I ended up downloading a different dialer from the play store.

7. digitalicecream
    Gingerbread Jul 9, 2015

digitalicecream , Jul 9, 2015 :
    That's where you're wrong. I had to call 911. some idiot threw something through my side window while on the freeway and the passenger window blew up and landed on my one year old daughter. I did not know if it was a 9mm "pop" and my kid was dead, or if I was going kill the person who did it. I dialed 911 and my phone crashed.

My little girl was fast asleep and there was no glass on her face (tempered glass for the win), but I was not back in my own head for the rest of the night and had to borrow my wife's phone to make the call.

Idiot got away but not before I got the license plate and filed a report. Kid violated probation.

Some of us actually NEED our phones to make phone calls. I know, crazy.

Punkrock Powell and nirmitmehta like this.
  8. shyamvk
    Cupcake Jul 31, 2015

shyamvk , Jul 31, 2015 :
    Not sure if it would help, but it worked for me.

My stock dialer kept crashing at key points, and then i loaded exdialer from play store and it works decently well.

One reason which i realized why stock dialer kept crashing was due to the Themes, When i shifted to themes liked "Evolved" or "Dark Material", it crashed. when i shifted back to basic theme, it worked perfectly. I have no idea why it does this, but this resolved it for me and i am back to the stock dialer with a basic theme.

9. giaur500
    Jelly Bean Jul 31, 2015

giaur500 , Jul 31, 2015 :
    No any single crash on CM12.1 nightly. No theme applied, the best theme is no theme.

10. sleepdragonone
    KitKat Jul 31, 2015

sleepdragonone , Jul 31, 2015 :

Did you happen to encrypted, if so, that is the reason.

11. Hamade
    Honeycomb Jul 31, 2015

Hamade , Jul 31, 2015 :
    I did face this issue when I applied a theme using CM themes, it stopped crashing after I went back to the stock theme

12. digitalicecream
    Gingerbread Jul 31, 2015

digitalicecream , Jul 31, 2015 :
    I guess sometimes folks forget what bone stock means. Full reset, no themes, no encryption, no locks, no additional apps (apart from updates). Go to make a phone call and the dialer crashes. Sold it.

13. Hamade
    Honeycomb Jul 31, 2015

Hamade , Jul 31, 2015 :
    Wow , thats really frustrating !

14. digitalicecream
    Gingerbread Jul 31, 2015

On that note, I tested Truedialer for a week before I sold it and it worked flawlessly. That was the bittersweet moment that I realized that I couldn't keep the phone. For whatever reason, this particular handset was not working for me as a phone. Everything else was great about it, but I need a phone to work as a (legacy?) traditional phone to make voice calls.

Now I'm undecided between the OPT and the Moto X Pure.

15. digitalicecream
    Gingerbread Jul 31, 2015

I checked on the voting system above. 82.4% of the votes came in that their native dialer is crashing. Granted, only 17 people voted, but wow that is a lot!!

16. bazika
    Gingerbread Jul 31, 2015

17. Shivan Deonarine
    Cupcake Aug 1, 2015

Attached Files:

18. ikjadoon
    Eclair Aug 2, 2015

digitalicecream likes this.
  19. digitalicecream
    Gingerbread Aug 6, 2015

digitalicecream , Aug 6, 2015 :
    You can't fix it but I found a way around it. I installed TrueDialer. no more crashes. this leads me to believe that the OS itself is the problem since the dialer crashed daily. I sold my Op1 in favor of waiting for an OP2 but after seeing what I gave up, I have purchased an LG G4.

20. digitalicecream
    Gingerbread Aug 6, 2015

digitalicecream , Aug 6, 2015 :
    Try truedialer, or a third party dialer, which seems to fix or at least be a good work around. I hope this helps.