Dialer swipe down.

1. SvMagus
    Eclair Oct 3, 2017

SvMagus , Oct 3, 2017 :
    Please add a setting for swipe direction. I've decline too many job calls because of the non-common-sense change. You should use the community app to poll about changes that you dont ask us users but do anyway.

Thanks.

2. kmo12345
    Cupcake Oct 6, 2017

kmo12345 , Oct 6, 2017 :
    I completely agree. Coming from seven years of Nexus devices this has been a total pain in the ***.

I spent the last two weeks trying to get used to it but ended up doing some hackish workarounds to put the Google Phone app on. I use my phone for sales and was accidentally declining important customer calls.

One more comment about the dialer, my wife says it shows red and green for decline or accept but since I'm colour blind I can't see that. The Google Phone app has text that says "swipe up to answer". Even if I wasn't used to it I probably wouldn't screw it up if it had instructions.

Please at least provide an option to change this, I don't want to have to hack my phone in order to run an unofficial Phone app but I literally can't afford to keep using the OnePlus app.

3. tournicoti
    Donut Oct 6, 2017

tournicoti , Oct 6, 2017 :
    would it be because it's chinese and they do things differently? i totally agree there's something wrong with directions up and down, swiping left and right, volume button left and not right, really I don't understand how such simple options are kept like this... One plus doesn't seem to take into account their customers' comments.. so why have a community?....i guess Google and Nexus were really more "accurate"...

4. MarkyPancake
    Honeycomb Oct 7, 2017

MarkyPancake , Oct 7, 2017 :
    Swiping down to answer in the new dialler isn't as easy a gesture as up either with one-handed use.

stacymilne and E1511940754948 like this.
  5. F_Sarath_Chandra_rUxX
    Cupcake Oct 7, 2017

F_Sarath_Chandra_rUxX , Oct 7, 2017 :
    same issue here...
    have rejected my girl's call by mistake and kept near my ears... no response and I taught she disconnected it. repeated it 3 times... then she calls to my office no. and [e]1f613[/e]
    if that's a new option, it must be useful.
    that too, answering the calls by sliding up would be much easier...

E1511940754948 and stacymilne like this.
  6. stacymilne
    Eclair Nov 26, 2017

stacymilne , Nov 26, 2017 :
    please fix this.

I hung up on work twice today.

every other phone you swipe up.. why would they change this?

I had a few things I didn't like on the phone, but this swipe down to answer has ready to return the Phone, it's horrible.

NoMoreNotes45 and E1511940754948 like this.
  7. Mukund760
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 26, 2017

Mukund760 , Nov 26, 2017 :
    Yep totally agree. even the alert slider is upside down. I want an option to change alert slider orientation and a fix for dialer(aleast provide an option to change it). Listen to us One Plus

stacymilne likes this.
  8. E1511940754948
    Cupcake Nov 29, 2017

E1511940754948 , Nov 29, 2017 :
    Agreed. I've only had the phone for a few days, but I swear I've hung up on every single call.

An option to reverse the direction would be great.

stacymilne likes this.
  9. phcahill
    Froyo May 25, 2018