dialer's favorites - auto sort by name

1. Ben_Tamir
    Donut Nov 27, 2021

Ben_Tamir , Nov 27, 2021 :
    Hi,
    I have a new 8t, just upgraded from 6t.
    I have an issue with the dialer's favorites: it auto-sort by name.
    When ever i'm sorting it correctly, switch between tab (i.e all contacts and back to favorites), it re-sort the favorites by first name.
    Also tried to delete all favorites and re-add them to the list - same result.

I believe this started to happen only after i used the "OnePlus clone" app in order to transfer some data from old phone to new one. But only thing i've copied is one app that is no longer available on the play store. All other data (contacts, apps) were copied from google backup when i first configured the phone.

Someone know how to fix it before i'm resetting the phone completely and start over again?

* Oxygen 11.0.7.10.kb05aa

2. Aaron2017
    General Support Expert Award 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Best Answer
    Aaron2017 , Nov 27, 2021 :
    The 8t has Google's phone app, which handles sorting the favorites that way after a new update i believe, whereas the 6t had OnePlus phone app, that's why it sorts them like that, different phone app. So resetting your phone is unnecessary as there's nothing to fix really.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2021

3. Ben_Tamir
    Donut Nov 27, 2021

Ben_Tamir , via OnePlus 8T , Nov 27, 2021 :
    Thanks,
    I have uninstalled the phone's last update and now it works.
    Found some threads online about this issue. Hope google will fix it soon.

4. Aaron2017

I don't know if they will, this seems the way they want it to behave now. Anyway, you can always send them feedback about it and hope for the best.

5. Ben_Tamir
    Donut Nov 27, 2021

Ben_Tamir , via OnePlus 8T , Nov 27, 2021 :
    I did send a feedback.

As the option to change the contacts by hold & dragging is enabled, it looks more like a bug than a feature.
    If google want to have only one sorting option, they would / should disable it.

6. Aaron2017

I would agree, were it not for the fact it sorts them alphabetically now. That's what makes me think it's intended behavior. But that doesn't mean i'm right of course, just me guessing at it. I would like to set them up myself according to the ones i use the most rather than having them in alphabetical order too.