18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. xLODARx
    Gingerbread Sep 8, 2014

2. tbassett
    Froyo Sep 8, 2014

tbassett , Sep 8, 2014 :
    As the almighty Jack Burton once said:

Well, ya see, I'm not saying that I've been everywhere and I've done everything, but I do know it's a pretty amazing planet we live on here, and a man would have to be some kind of FOOL to think we're alone in THIS universe.

3. keithnyc
    Moderator Moderator Sep 8, 2014

keithnyc , Sep 8, 2014 :
    It's really NOT very polite to aliens to rate them on the Kardashian scale

4. keithnyc
    Moderator Moderator Sep 8, 2014

keithnyc , Sep 8, 2014 :
    Actually, I don't think we do....have you ever watched reality tv?

5. xLODARx
    Gingerbread Sep 8, 2014

xLODARx , Sep 8, 2014 :
    Keeping Up with the Kardashians?

6. aakashjhaveri
    Lollipop Sep 8, 2014

7. Louisa
    Eclair Sep 8, 2014

8. zayd89
    Froyo Sep 8, 2014

9. IlSardo
    Gingerbread Sep 8, 2014

10. Big Ben
    Jelly Bean Sep 8, 2014

Big Ben , Sep 8, 2014 :
    yes

11. ultimusrex
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 8, 2014

12. Franjo
    Jelly Bean Sep 8, 2014

13. dhairyadev
    Cupcake Sep 8, 2014

dhairyadev , Sep 8, 2014 :
    What if we're the aliens and the persons whom we think are aliens are actually humans?

14. SomeSayImHandSome
    Sep 8, 2014

15. SomeSayImHandSome
    Sep 8, 2014

16. Satiru

Satiru , Sep 8, 2014 :
    I think aliens build the OPO....o_O

Walkin_mn likes this.
  17. Zedric
    Gingerbread Sep 8, 2014

Zedric , Sep 8, 2014 :
    And you are right.

18. Walkin_mn
    Jelly Bean Sep 8, 2014

Walkin_mn , Sep 8, 2014 :
    Is different to say aliens have land on earth, that to say Aliens exist. I don't believe in aliens on earth, but i believe they exist. The Universe is a vast place for all kinds of things to happen.

ultimusrex likes this.
  19. ultimusrex

ultimusrex , Sep 8, 2014 :
    Are we alone in the universe? No... We couldn't possibly be.

Extraterrestrial life must exist, probably in abundance (at the very least, in simple microbial form).

Extraterrestrial intelligence probably exists, but it's probably not nearly as abundant as microbial and other complex life.

Have we been visited?... HA HA HA!!! Oh wait. You're serious?... Not a chance.

Will we ever communicate with intelligent extraterrestrial life?... I'm doubtful but hopeful.

Will we (humans) ever MEET intelligent extraterrestrial life?... Never. Or maybe 5 to 7 billion years from now, if humans happen to still be around, after we are forced to flee the solar system when our sun eventually dies, and after the long sub-light-speed trek through space to find a suitable new host planet. Maybe then we will stumble onto another intelligent species... Or if we happen to be where a similarly-fated species ends up, though the chances of them coming to our little uninteresting corner of the galaxy are pretty darn slim, if you ask me.

Will WE (you and I) ever meet intelligent extraterrestrial life?... See above. No way. Unless you plan to live for eternity or something.

My skepticism towards the idea of ever meeting aliens is based completely on the fact that the speed of light still seems to fundamentally be the universal speed limit, and even anything close to that speed may never be possible to attain in reality... There are many possible solutions to this problem, but so far, they are all little more than science fiction... Of course, if travel at speeds considerably faster than the speed of light (possibly by way of some sort of "warp" technology or the use of wormholes) does ever become possible, then all that skepticism will fall away, and then it seems inevitable that we will find and meet intelligent extraterrestrial life. But even if aliens have discovered such technologies already and COULD come meet us, I highly doubt they would have little more than a passing curiosity in us until we reach a decent, space-faring technological level. And they certainly would not reveal themselves to random individuals. So, even if FTL is possible, I stand by my "Not a chance" answer to the question, "Have we been visited?"

20. casarod5
    Donut Sep 8, 2014

casarod5 , Sep 8, 2014 :
    i think my note 2 is being tapped by aliens, therefore that's why I want to get a oneplus one. Hopefully the privacy feature works good!