Did i make the correct chouce via OnePlus 7 Pro T-Mobile

2. JohnzyFitzgerald
    Gingerbread May 31, 2020

the_o2, Aniket30 and ASCHENTE_V like this.
  3. SamTheGamer39 , via OnePlus 8 Glacial Green , May 31, 2020 :
    Well, there are a few main differences between the OnePlus 8 5G UW (Verizon's model) and the regular OnePlus 8. The main difference is that it supports Verizon's existing 5G network and other 5G networks, whereas the OnePlus 8 won't work with Verizon's current 5G network.

Additionally, it is built slightly differently, but that shouldn't impact the actual use of the phone. Be careful if you buy a case because they aren't interchangeable.

It will probably be preloaded with Verizon's apps which I don't think are that good. It may also be locked to their network, but you could probably get them to unlock it for you if you are looking to switch networks, but it probably isn't going to be as easy as it would be with an unlocked phone.

Updates will likely have to be rolled out by the carrier, and I don't think you will be able to flash your phone to the beta, but I don't know enough to know whether that is actually possible. Hopefully someone else will know more about updates with the OnePlus 5G UW.

Overall, I think it is fairly similar to the regular OnePlus 8. If you're planning on sticking with Verizon it is probably a good choice. It might mess with getting updates on time, but other than that it should work normally.

Personally, I would have stuck with the OnePlus 7 Pro, but there are several reasons to prefer the OnePlus 8 including 5G, newer hardware, and updates for longer. I also don't upgrade very often. At the end of the day, it is your choice and you should do what you think is good.

Sorry about making an essay out of this, I have a tendency to do that...

5. Loveit
    KitKat Jun 1, 2020

Loveit , Jun 1, 2020 :
    You should be blacklisted from buying future phones. If there is no fault with the phone I'm not a fan of this return policy where you can just return and get your money back.

JohnzyFitzgerald likes this.
  6. Loveit
    KitKat Jun 1, 2020