Did OnePlus disable V-Sync to improve touch responsiveness?

1. milkdude
    KitKat Jul 14, 2017

milkdude , Jul 14, 2017 :
    Not sure...I no longer have my OP5.
    I know on other phones you can turn on battery saver which should disable it.
    But that also affects other things on the phone.

2. p51d007
    KitKat Jul 14, 2017

p51d007 , Jul 14, 2017 :
    It's a HARDWARE issue. The screen is mounted upside down, because of the dual camera. That dual camera took up the room needed for the screen connector. To solve that issue, Oppo mounted the connector on the BOTTOM of the OP5, thus requiring the screen to be mounted upside down. Someone found the code to invert the code for the display showing it inverted. If your eyesight is "tuned" enough to see it, you will always see it, and it will be annoying. If you cannot "see" it, you won't and it won't bother you.
    The issue, is that Oppo, didn't want to just discard whatever left over 3/3T screens so they are apparently using them up, before ordering/using new ones, that, most likely will have the connector mounted on the bottom of the display, instead of the top of the display. I'm guessing, that they "might" replace/swap those ticked off enough about the distraction of the "jelly" effect, but who knows, considering Oppo's track record of "customer" service.

3. jksukino
    Cupcake Jul 14, 2017

jksukino , Jul 14, 2017 :
    bought mine a week ago and can't say i can see any jelly effect. maybe a little if i look very hard but than, the effect could just be my imagination for looking for it. OnePlus5 is a good phone

G_Rahmat_Khan_kyLR and jayb222 like this.
  4. lostLambda
    Lollipop Jul 14, 2017

lostLambda , Jul 14, 2017 :
    I'm hearing you. In fact I just decided that the 5 isn't much better than the 3t. So I bought a used 3t 128GB for 390USD on swappa. Should be getting it in the mail on July 14th. Can't wait!

G_Simon_Hooker_aiWf likes this.
  5. HuzefaKagal
    Froyo Jul 14, 2017

HuzefaKagal , Jul 14, 2017 :
    There's no "getting rid" of it, since its a hardware issue. But its barely noticeable. I'd recommend this phone to anyone save for hardcore camera enthusiasts since its not the best camera out there. As an overall package its superb

G_Rahmat_Khan_kyLR likes this.
  6. LucidObscurity
    Cupcake Jul 14, 2017

LucidObscurity , Jul 14, 2017 :
    You all have the effect, you just don't notice it since it's very slight. Doesn't bother me one bit.

7. G_Rahmat_Khan_kyLR
    Gingerbread Jul 14, 2017

G_Rahmat_Khan_kyLR , Jul 14, 2017 :
    no bro.
    . its not gimmick
    ... believe me ...oneplus 5 is run like a hot butter ... super smooth .. In Oneplus 5 dictionary , u wont find the word lag or hang...

and in other hand lg's software is slow and lags amd sometimes even reboots automatically (problem with lg g6 ,you can find it in their forums)

only the looks of lg g6 is superior than oneplus 5 .. and in some aspects of camera but in everything else oneplus 5 is a king .. fastest phone in the market

8. G_Rahmat_Khan_kyLR
    Gingerbread Jul 14, 2017

9. ShadowBolt09
    KitKat Jul 14, 2017

10. kaziduke
    Cupcake Jul 14, 2017

kaziduke , Jul 14, 2017 :
    hello, can anyone explain me this jelly scrolling effect. I'm not able to notice it in my OP5

11. G_Rahmat_Khan_kyLR
    Gingerbread Jul 14, 2017

G_Rahmat_Khan_kyLR , Jul 14, 2017 :
    difference between snapdragon 821 and 835
    1500011301343.jpg

12. BalakrishnaKV
    Cupcake Jul 14, 2017

BalakrishnaKV , Jul 14, 2017 :
    i feel same as u now!
    ignoring IP67 for 835 attraction!!

13. BalakrishnaKV
    Cupcake Jul 14, 2017

BalakrishnaKV , Jul 14, 2017 :
    this is gud nd its ignorable![e]1f609[/e]

14. kaziduke
    Cupcake Jul 14, 2017

kaziduke , Jul 14, 2017 :
    i tried with google chrome and i everything looked normL

15. fbsoft01
    Cupcake Jul 14, 2017

fbsoft01 , Jul 14, 2017 :
    Well i am having the same issue, if you have a browser and you scroll a bit faster, you will see a tearing effect, or jelly effect, it's like the text remains a little bit behind in the upper or lower part ( depending on the way you do the scroll )... I saw that this has to do a lot with clear text apps, like messenger, chrome with add block ( which can load only text ) and so on. a fix would be nice though... It's like the refresh rate of the screen is from the early 2010 when LCD's had the response time of 10+ ms, that's the... effect

16. firoz3321
    Froyo Jul 14, 2017

firoz3321 , Jul 14, 2017 :
    Did u guys try 180 degree rotation. I dont see jelly effect if i rotate the screen 180°. But need to enable soft navigation keys for easy navigation. Give it a try if u haven't already. (i am using an app to force rotate the screen)

17. danielmajer
    Honeycomb Jul 14, 2017

danielmajer , Jul 14, 2017 :
    You have obviously never used a phone with that much RAM - it's just amazing. You can keep 30 apps opened and recover them at any time, nothing has to reload. It makes your usage much faster and multitasking faster. I don't regret buying the OnePlus 5 over the LG G6 because of this. Also when you use both in hand, the LG seems slower and it isn't as snappy as the OnePlus 5.

18. Patriiick
    Froyo Jul 14, 2017

19. GeoSTG
    Donut Jul 14, 2017

20. gargoyals
    Gingerbread Jul 14, 2017

gargoyals , Jul 14, 2017 :
    if I was ok with a 821 I would've gotten the pixel

there is a difference. 835 more powerful and more efficient.

the skin also slows it down. useless clutter.

less battery life because smaller battery and less efficient soc.

I like the design and screen though.

For me the only alternative to the op5 was the htc U11. Light skin. similar performance.