Did you like the OnePlus accessories that came with your device?

1. Vito L.
    OnePlus Product Manager Staff Member Jan 18, 2018

Vito L. , Jan 18, 2018 :
    8W4A0326-(1).png

Hi friends,

Survey season is here! I know you all have done a few recently, such as Vote for Your Favorite Texture! and What are your favorite OxygenOS Oreo Features? Now, I've come to the community with another question: Did you like the OnePlus accessories that came with your device?

As you may know, we specifically prepared a transparent phone case for OnePlus 5T users and a screen protector for all OnePlus users. Did you like using these accessories? If you had any thoughts while you were using it, please don’t hesitate to share them.

If you have any feedback about our accessories, please take a few minutes to fill out this form: https://goo.gl/forms/MxEZbbTLFfJIJ2IE3. We appreciate you for taking the time to make a difference. Every opinion helps. Let’s keep creating amazing products together!

Never Settle.

2. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Jan 18, 2018

Cheetosdust , Jan 18, 2018 :
    Thanks for asking.

Yes, the TPU case was a nice gesture, but I ditched it for another official cases (Silicone, Karbon and Sandstone).

The screen protector is great. I’m still using it and it looks better than any of my attempts to install one myself. Hell, the one that came with my OP3 is still on the phone and looking good.

I have a question: Why include a pair of headphones (Bullet V2) only in certain markets (France)?

3. Dextter
    Jelly Bean Jan 18, 2018

Dextter , Jan 18, 2018 :
    Always happy with accessories. would be great if we will get couple of more plastic screen protectors from next devices and pair average quality earphones.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018

4. smartbuddy
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 18, 2018

smartbuddy , Jan 18, 2018 :
    Yes TPU case is a good add on, probably add a tempered glass and earphones with OnePlus 6 and the phone will be a complete package all in one.... Just wishful thinking! :hearteyes:

5. smartbuddy
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 18, 2018

smartbuddy , Jan 18, 2018 :
    That's because of legal requirements of France to include an accessory permitting the limitation of the exposure of the user's head to radio transmissions when used for communications.

6. Baquir Abu sadar
    Cupcake Jan 18, 2018

Baquir Abu sadar , Jan 18, 2018 :
    well, all the accessories in box are top 'notch' [e]1f61c[/e] it will be perfect if include a headset like Bullet V2 and I don't mind if they hike the price a little to include that [e]1f3b6[/e][e]1f3a7[/e][e]1f44d[/e]

7. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Jan 18, 2018

dsmonteiro , Jan 18, 2018 :
    upload_2018-1-18_10-45-16.png

None.

Bought the tempered glass but failed miserably at applying. The device is currently nekkid.

8. omarmawal
    Gingerbread Jan 18, 2018

9. L1514818179686
    Donut Jan 18, 2018

L1514818179686 , Jan 18, 2018 :
    yes but it would be great if we get a ear phone... as eat phone received from company is the primal and best... we dint have to run here and there to get ear phone.... it's very annoying

10. Maurizios699
    Cupcake Jan 18, 2018

Maurizios699 , Jan 18, 2018 :
    I personally loved the pre-applied screen protector. Maybe a tempered glass could be the very best but it is understandable that maybe you just can't sell new phones with TG pre-applied (for marketing and economics reasons of course), and it's just right.

I don't feel the need to find headphones in the case, I prefer that you use those money to improve anything else or maybe keep the phone at a lower price (which is the main reasons of the absence of headphones I guess), even if we are talking of little particulars.

The case is very nice, I think it's a very good move to avoid costumer to buy a case abroad, and nowadays nobody actually uses no case.

Personal thought: buy the bumper case directly with the phone, it is worth the price and it's truly gorgeous, totally satisfied.

Thanks for your question and good luck with your work.
    Keep up!

11. AJ564
    Gingerbread Jan 18, 2018

AJ564 , Jan 18, 2018 :
    Really enjoyed the accessories so the phone was protected from the off.
    Have now replaced the supplied case with a Sandstone which I love
    Just wish you would make the pre-fitted screen protectors available to buy in the accessory shop. I don't want tempered glass but would like to replace the pre fitted one to get rid of a few minor scratches on it.
    None of the after market ones I've tried are anywhere near as good

12. 18sam
    Froyo Jan 18, 2018

13. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Jan 18, 2018

camohan , Jan 18, 2018 :
    Thanks @Vito L. . It is good to know that every single thing in the box is being asked for feedback from community. That is a true spirit of "Created together with fans".

Few of my views about accessories :

1. I do not own Op5t but the transparent cover provided (as I read in forum) seems to be a major reason for paint chipping off from the back of Op5t. May be a more quality check would be helpful to escape such situations.
    2. The length of the charging cable seems to be insufficient for me, I have several times experienced a phone drop because of short length.
    3. You already know, but the Oneplus India charger are quick thick. May be find out a way to make it thinner.

A very important observation is accessories are often found to be out of stock, may be a better projection can help save from this situation.The Oneplus accessories sell like hot cakes and therefore quiet important to stock them up.

14. GopalB.
    Nougat Jan 18, 2018

15. dsmonteiro

dsmonteiro , Jan 18, 2018 :
    They are legally obliged to do so.

16. GopalB.
    Nougat Jan 18, 2018

GopalB. , Jan 18, 2018 :
    OnePlus 3/3T charges were thinner too...

Ravi BINAVAT and Sahilkum like this.
  17. Faizaan sheikh
    Eclair Jan 18, 2018

Faizaan sheikh , Jan 18, 2018 :
    yeah one plus should provide a tempered glass with mobile.its very important or should provide a pre applied tempered glass with mobile.its very important that mobile should be protected for this tempered glass is so mch important

18. skt_9
    Gingerbread Jan 18, 2018

skt_9 , Jan 18, 2018 :
    Hi Vito,

There is no doubt, quality of accessories is top notch. Please consider including atleast budget earphones for calling purpose as SAR values of OnePlus 5 is very high.

Most important thing and deal breaker for me in buying future OP phones is Charger supplied for Indian market. As of now, you continue to include a charger (from 3/3T to 5/5T), which is giving a lot of discomfort while placing it in power socket for charging. In fact, you should provide the charger in your above picture, which is comfortable to place in power socket.

19. dsmonteiro

lingo79, fdroko, Remoire and 21 others like this.
  20. Muthumbi
    Eclair Jan 18, 2018

Muthumbi , Jan 18, 2018 :
    1516273432116.jpg
    Well, now that you are listening... pardon the pun... earphones please? I wouldn't mind more one plus stickers too. everything else is superb.

motanes, isetnt, jyoti95 and 8 others like this.