Dilemma... Should I buy or just pass?

1. prakharkmr27
    Eclair Sep 22, 2015

prakharkmr27 , Sep 22, 2015 :
    I have an invite.. It's going to expire in a few hours... Unable to make up my mind to buy the OnePlus 2...

Why?

Because I don't know if it will last 2 complete years without the screen or motherboard going haywire?

I don't think there'll be Android version updates as farther as with yet to be announced Nexuses.. Maybe OnePlus 2 will get one or at the most two major updates after 5.1, i.e., it'll get 6.0 and maybe one more after that.

While, on the other hand, the Nexuses will surely be getting two/three major updates, "after" 6.0.

I am accustomed to the tough build of moto g (1st gen), which I drop almost every 3-4 days. Will OP 2 be as tough? I can buy the Hyprid plastic-silicone cover, but still...

Also, motorola has been very good with the software update schedules. Moreover the firmwares are absolutely bug-free and properly optimized for the chipset (unlike OnePlus 2).
    I've read in a few user reviews that OnePlus 2 just bogs down (lags or freezes randomly, even though in rare situations). Which is not acceptable.
    Anyway, still, one random reboot a day is okay with me (because I love OnePlus 2, I'm ready to compromise a LITTLE BIT).

I won't be changing phone for next 2 years, whichever I buy now whether it is Nexus 5X or OnePlus 2.

Only reason I'm inclined towards OnePlus 2 is the 4GB DDR4 RAM and Snapdragon 810 (yes, I want that processor for all the good reasons, I'm ready overlook all flaws in that chipset). Nexus 5X would be a Snapdragon 808, and a puny 2GB DDR3 RAM :-(
    I don't care about camera (it should atleast be as good as moto g 1st gen, which is brilliant despite being 5MP only), don't need NFC or fingerprint sensor.

Help me!

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015

Ryu36 likes this.
  2. rkmunjuluri
    Gingerbread Sep 22, 2015

rkmunjuluri , Sep 22, 2015 :
    If you wait till second week of October i think many of your queries will be resolved as you will see more information on the phones you just spoke about on the web. And then you can actually try and buy any of the phones you wish. Don't worry about the invite for one plus as you will definitely get one more by that time if you share this with someone rather than letting it expire.
    Also India launch of Moto X Style, Mi 4c and details about Nexus 5 2015 and Huewei Nexus 6 2015 will also be out by that time.
    But for all this you have to ask your self one question, can you wait till second week of October and may be couple more weeks to actually buy any of the mentioned phones...

prakharkmr27 likes this.
  3. prakharkmr27
    Eclair Sep 22, 2015

How do I share that invite? I had claimed the invite about 26 hours ago, and the phone is in my Amazon.in shopping cart.
    I can't tell my Amazon username and password, as I have my credit and debit cards saved, and 4 shipping addresses, which I don't want to disclose to anyone.

4. Abhijeet0966
    Donut Sep 22, 2015

5. rkmunjuluri
    Gingerbread Sep 22, 2015

rkmunjuluri , Sep 22, 2015 :
    Try and remove it from the amazon cart and see if the code is still valid (by giving it to some one).. if yes, then share it with some one who can buy it.. by the way i am actually looking for an invite myself...

6. Ashwith
    Jelly Bean Sep 22, 2015

7. tandu
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 22, 2015

tandu , Sep 22, 2015 :
    Why not just claim it and add it to your amazon cart?
    You can then decide later on whether to buy it or not :)
    EDIT: Just saw that you have already done that :/
    P. S If you drop your phone 3-4 times a day, you definitely need to go for a nokia instead :p

8. redleema
    KitKat Sep 22, 2015

9. prakharkmr27
    Eclair Sep 22, 2015

Yes, I had added it to my cart yesterday.
    Just couldn't get my fingers to type in the CVV of my debit card. -_-

Invite will expire in 21 hours from now. I have one more night to think over.

I've just started my job, I'm still in training.. I'm even thinking whether or not to buy a new phone at all this year.
    Partly, because there is still some life left in my 1.5 year old moto g 1st gen. And its size is just perfect for comfortable one-handed usage.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015

10. srikanth-sai
    Froyo Sep 22, 2015

srikanth-sai , Sep 22, 2015 :
    well bro the majority of the forum is filled with ppl waiting for invites and ppl having issues
    the OP2 is a great phone - " the op team messed with launching the device ".+ they are unable to produce required amount of devices and unable to handle the IT dept efficiently they managed to fix lot of hard ware issues and an unlocked phone which can revived ever after hard bricking the phone has great hard ware but immature software support over time one plus will definitely give new updates ( the company is not as gigantic as Samsung or well established like other big sharks ) they came with a device which shivered the market

11. takerhbk
    Gingerbread Sep 22, 2015

12. prakharkmr27
    Eclair Sep 22, 2015

Not 3-4 times a day. Read again. It is every 3-4 days. That too was when I was still getting used to my phone, as I had a 3.8" Huawei U8800pro before this one.
    And now it is down to once or even lesser per week. Nothing happens to this awesome phone of mine despite all that abuse!

13. Bozso46
    Honeycomb Sep 22, 2015

Bozso46 , Sep 22, 2015 :
    I was pretty much in the same shoes as you. I was hesitant and waiting, but in the end ordered. (3 minutes before the invite expired.. :/ ) Can't say much about the phoen because I have not received it yet, but as you said, there are a lot of user 'reviews' out there. All I can say I was afraid of regreting the purchase but now feel elevated and excited and can't wait to have the phone. (My main purchase motivator is it being a high end dual sim android phone).

Also plan on using it for 2-4 years.

14. prakharkmr27
    Eclair Sep 23, 2015

prakharkmr27 , Sep 23, 2015 :
    Okay, so, I've ordered the phone, finally, just 2 hours before expiry of invite. It has also been shipped by Amazon.in an hour ago.

Don't know why, I'm not at all feeling excited about it :-|

15. difficult
    Honeycomb Sep 23, 2015

16. Dominic_Simmons
    Cupcake Sep 23, 2015

17. eliashortund
    Cupcake Sep 23, 2015