GopalB. , Jan 20, 2018 :
    That ends the discussion then...
    [​IMG]

2. docbabloo
    Gingerbread Jan 20, 2018

3. Abu -Khulzat
    Eclair Jan 20, 2018

Abu -Khulzat , Jan 20, 2018 :
    Actually, this is not that bad. Now you have to press the button to turn the screen, then camera looks for your face, then you have to slide to unlock. So there are to actions needed. If you set to unlock as soon as screen turns on, you can't see the lock screen.
    So it is much better if you just lift the phone and the camera starts to look for you face and screen turns on. You can check the time and notifications. if you want to unlock then, you just swipe the screen.
    Now when we lift the phone, we see ambient display, which is actually useless for me since I just see the icons, not the notifications. I like how it used to be before. So when the phone is lifted we better see ambient display like it used to be before (black and white screen with all the notifications). The face unlock can deploy at that moment. If we further wish to unlock, we just swipe the screen. This is far more convenient

4. Akhilesh. Shinde
    Cupcake Jan 20, 2018

5. pasqualev
    Donut Jan 20, 2018

pasqualev , Jan 20, 2018 :
    i agree! it's useless just double tap the screen and unlock...

6. Rajeshbabu Dodda
    Donut Jan 20, 2018

Rajeshbabu Dodda , Jan 20, 2018 :
    how stupid this post is,
    who asked to press the button, swipe the screen..
    just double tap the screen and boom screen unlocked,

with your logic, camera should always run to identify whether there is a face infront of the phone or not, whether the face is yours is not,

op5T has the perfect way not the honor v10 way or not the iPhone way,

7. MrHari_theCarguy
    Jelly Bean Jan 20, 2018

MrHari_theCarguy , Jan 20, 2018 :
    OnePlus will most probably bring it in the OP6 which is gonna come with the AI equipped SD845 processor so that the phone can understand the users face and evolve the face id feature accordingly offering better unlock speed and security

8. Abu -Khulzat
    Eclair Jan 20, 2018

Abu -Khulzat , Jan 20, 2018 :
    You should monitor the language that you use, if you don't comprehend other people needs, you are free to chill out.

9. rickybarretto
    Gingerbread Jan 20, 2018

rickybarretto , Jan 20, 2018 :
    fingerprint sensor is faster and more secure than face unlock. face unlock is a gimmick feature used by marketing team to differentiate it's product.

we all should stop falling prey to such marketing gimmicks and reduce technological waste by not upgrading to a new phone everyone.

L1513733324557 likes this.
  10. upfreak
    Honeycomb Jan 20, 2018

upfreak , Jan 20, 2018 :
    no matter how efficient you implement that feature, it will be like a mad dog who barks at everyone everytime. I might hold the phone in my hand for hours but I would only want the face unlock a few times. if it auto identifies the faces based on movement or angles or glance the phone would work like a mad dog, and it will show up in battery life.

technology wise, is not a great feat. most motion sensors and gesture sensors can be used for enabling this feature.

11. Ash645
    KitKat Jan 20, 2018

Ash645 , Jan 20, 2018 :
    Are your that much a cling needy person?

what, the phone should just look at you and go like "papa! it's you! please carry me!!" without you doing anything to it? just like that?

what's next? should it jump at you automatically when its lying down without you having to reach for it?

should it start following you around when you go places without you holding it? like calling it's own cab and follow you?

you are a clingy person, looking for clingy gimmics from other phones that are not even on par with what this phone has to offer. face unlock is the best feature I've come across to date on smart phone and you want it to be a person.