OxygenOS

Disable Power+Volume Up

1. Lyman Cupcake Apr 20, 2019

Lyman, Apr 20, 2019 :
    I have the T-Mobile variant of the 6T and I'm on the latest update. When I press the Power button+Volume Up button it will put the phone into vibrate only mode. I get a toast notification at the bottom of the screen that says Calls and notifications will vibrate.

This gets very annoying when I press it accidently from picking up my phone and miss calls and notifications since they no longer make noise. The vibration motor is pretty much useless on this model since it's so weak. If I notice it right away I need to change the slider up and down to bring it back to normal.

Is there a way to disable this "feature"? It's completely pointless since the phone has the physical slider to do the same thing and having the button combination messes up the position of the slider. If there's no way to disable it can you please add one in a future update?

2. LegolasX Jelly Bean Apr 20, 2019

LegolasX, Apr 20, 2019 :
    goto settings and search prevent vibration.
    you should get an option to enable/disable power+ volume up.

3. Lyman Cupcake Apr 20, 2019

Lyman, Apr 20, 2019 :
    No results with that search. Could be because the T-Mobile version is on an older version of OOS.

4. LegolasX Jelly Bean Apr 20, 2019

LegolasX, Apr 20, 2019 :
    ah, i had my suspicion about that. Android comes with this function customization. OnePlus seems to have disabled it keeping the default.
    then unfortunately you won't be able to do it.

5. spdsk8race1 Honeycomb Apr 20, 2019

spdsk8race1, Apr 20, 2019 :
    odd, my phone doesn't do this when clicking these two button's... are you holding them, or a certain pattern?

6. P1559580597428 Cupcake Jun 22, 2019